Premier League Not So Festive Season

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Real haven't made a galatico signing in years. I think the last one they made was James over 4 years ago.
Well it’s about time they revisited that policy that’s brought them 3 CLs on the bounce.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Newcastle blew a 12 points lead
Heck, look what happened to Liverpool in 2013/14
In fairness to Liverpool, the 13/14 season they were never more than 3 points clear of City without City having games in hand. Tbh, United's 8 point lead with 6 to go was a bigger mess up than Liverpool in 13/14. Its just funny because of the slip thing.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Most obvious penalty of the game and Oliver waves it away. Trash.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No, way too early for that. That squad is Europa league quality anyway, it's just that their strikers are (often) deadly.
They'll likely beat Fulham next game and still won't be that far off top 4.

Main thing when you lose this type of game is just win the next one by whatever means

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That would've been interesting if it were 1-1 or even 2-1 to Liverpool. Would Oliver had given that peno to Arse?
He bottled it at 5-1, I don’t see why he wouldn’t bottle it when it would actually affect the result of the game.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
No, way too early for that. That squad is Europa league quality anyway, it's just that their strikers are (often) deadly.
Sure, but football fans aren't known for their patience. I think Emery has done a decent job with what he has available, but you could see fans starting to get frustrated already in the last few weeks.

This could tip them over the edge.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
With the high number of penalties this reminds me much more of the 2009 liverpool campaign.
This was our 4th of the season, 3 of them in the last two games.

Manchester United have had 6.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I've seen a more scintillating Liverpool team bottle it.

I still have hope.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You know youre shite when Henderson is taking the piss against you.

montpelier

In fairness to Liverpool, the 13/14 season they were never more than 3 points clear of City without City having games in hand. Tbh, United's 8 point lead with 6 to go was a bigger mess up than Liverpool in 13/14. Its just funny because of the slip thing.
it's certainly arguable - but 13/14 was also being given the YAWN media paint-up job innit?

before he fell over, :)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Sure, but football fans aren't known for their patience. I think Emery has done a decent job with what he has available, but you could see fans starting to get frustrated already in the last few weeks.

This could tip them over the edge.
I don't see it. Top 4 is still more than on, and he's a proven manager. The squad just needs a hell of a lot of love.

alsabi

The last two Anfield meetings between these two have an aggregate score of Liverpool 9-1 Arsenal

padr81

Supports
Man City
it's certainly arguable - but 13/14 was also being given the YAWN media paint-up job innit?

before he fell over, :)
Yup, I still look back at Rodgers trying to beat Palace 117-0 as the high point of that season instead of taking the points when 3-0 up and that's what cost them in reality imho. If he'd taken the win, they'd have been level with us going into the last game of the season instead of taking all the pressure off us by throwing away those 2 points.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Ffs, I called 5-1 after seeing the line-up to my Arsenal supporting friend on Steam. I even said I was tempted to put a tenner on it at 28/1 :lol:

Proof:

RedNed77

Arsenal are useless but this will still do wonders for Liverpool's momentum. They'll win this game by five or six and can enjoy a 10 point lead over City. Given how they've conducted themselves so far this season- no losses, only eight conceded - I think we can safely say it's game over.

I'd love to see us fluke the CL but we are below probably eight other sides.

Miserable campaign that came about because we allowed that twat Mourinho to throw our season. He should have been sacked once he started agitating in the summer.
Now you come to mention it I think I see where you and others are coming from. Yes, Liverpool do look utterly unbeatable, I can’t see anybody beating them this year, they’re just too good. I think the bookies should pay out now and they should just get the bus booked. I can’t see how it could possibly go wrong for them :keano:.

montpelier

Yup, I still look back at Rodgers trying to beat Palace 117-0 as the high point of that season instead of taking the points when 3-0 up and that's what cost them in reality imho. If he'd taken the win, they'd have been level with us going into the last game of the season instead of taking all the pressure off us by throwing away those 2 points.
yes, that was pretty amazing** too

(**really very stupid but funny)

Classical Mechanic

To be fair to Klopp, he learnt that his headless chicken football wouldn't win him a title in England so has become more pragmatic and defensive.