Premier league player of the decade.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's between Aguero and Hazard. I'd say Hazard was better at his best whereas Aguero the more consistent performer of the two (but this is influenced by City being more steady /less dependent/less prone to crashing)

EDIT - missed out on including De Gea. Right up there with anyone.
Hazard being inconsistent was the greatest myth of all time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He wasn't. But Aguero has that machine like consistency. Like I said it helps to have been in a more consistent team.

Paul_Scholes18

Aguero, Kompany and Silva has won all titles for them. Hazard has been bloody good for a long time although he has only won it two times. Kante had two amazing seasons for Leicester and Chelsea.
Carrick was a giant for a few years and carried our midfield and De Gea has had a great decade, but has only one title and played terribly last season.

I think the winner is Aguero though. A giant in all title wins for City.

Josep Dowling

Maybe bias but it has to be Sergio Aguero for me. In the Premier League he has 173 goals in 250 appearances, winning the title four times. That combined with the QPR goal like you said, he has to be the player of this decade.
Aguero, David Silva, Kompany... maybe Hazard?

Paul_Scholes18

Also we should mention Diego Costa. Won two titles in 3 years and was such a crazy player. Was terrible during Mourinhos second year when they had some fighting behind the scenes I guess.

simplyared

1. David Silva: Greatest Manchester City player of all time and the best Premier League player of the decade, IMO. Rarely injured or unavailable (particularly for long stretches), a bastion of unassuming elegance and playmaking adroitness, the creator for the first ⅔ — then a consummate elder statesman in midfield with De Bruyne emerging as the more adventurous passer in the final third, and the most productive assist-maker of the last 10 seasons. If Agüero is the cold-blooded executioner then Silva is surely the beau-ideal architect of City's success for the entire period...as well as a genuine artist on the pitch. You could argue that he was never a Ballon D'Or Top 5 candidate like Suárez 2013/14, but on the flip side, no one has been as consistently good as him (aside from maybe Agüero).

2. Sergio Agüero: Definitely worthy of the #1 spot on other lists. Prolific and decisive and effervescent when fit — like a counterfeit Romário. Also produced that dramatic title-winning moment. But loses out to Silva in this one by a whisker.

3. Eden Hazard: More erratic than Silva — peaks and valleys vs. a plateau, but a mesmeric force when at the top of his game (and full of purpose) — and a bit more central to Chelsea's success than Silva/Agüero to City's, if we're being fair with our individual assessments. Also the only player in the Top 3 to win the FWA/PFA Player of the Year award, for whatever it's worth.
David Silva: greatest City player of all time, is a big call. I'm not disputing it but where would you put Colin Bell?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
David Silva: greatest City player of all time, is a big call. I'm not disputing it but where would you put Colin Bell?
Well, the margins are definitely fine. Um...in a roundabout way, it's like arguing who was the greater Manchester United player — Wayne Rooney, who won a lot of silverware and is the club top scorer but had a more competitive team led by the greatest manager of all time to provide an appropriate platform for him, or Bryan Robson, who didn't have much of those benefits? All things considered I'd probably rank the City lot as follows:

1. David Silva
2. Sergio Agüero
3. Colin Bell (#1 for the pre-takeover era)
4. Bert Trautmann

* Not educated enough on the likes of Doherty or Swift (or even Meredith when he played for City), aside from reading flowery prose, to compare them with contemporary club greats like Kompany or Touré. Also undecided on Lee and Summerbee's placement vis-à-vis those two — though if push comes to shove, I'm going to favor the modern duo.

fps

Aguero, with the clincher being his title winning moment, which was moment of the decade.

simplyared

Aguero very closely followed by Hazard. 3rd place I'd say Sanchez he was brilliant for Arsenal. Surprised he hasn't had a mention. Maybe us united fans have forgotten how good he was. (Which isn't surprising going on his contribution for us).

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Sanchez!!??!! Calm down.
  1. Aguero
  2. Silva
  3. Hazard

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fecking hell, my immediate thought Henry :lol: where the feck has the time gone?

Probably Aguero?

There's not as many icons that are that level these days.

De Gea absolutely in with a shout.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought he was a little bit underwhelming in 17/18 aswell personally. Outstanding in the years Chelsea won the league and last season aswell though so certainly Chelsea's player of the decade.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Thought he was a little bit underwhelming in 17/18 aswell personally. Outstanding in the years Chelsea won the league and last season aswell though so certainly Chelsea's player of the decade.
I thought then first half of 17/18 was arguably his best period for us. His performances against Atletico twice, United, West Brom, Roma to name a few was up there with his very best.

The thing is his bad games are quite misleading, most of the time he'd still be leading in terms of positive attacking stats, infact even in the Jose period of 15/16 he was still creating 2.4 chances a game without taking set pieces.