Premier League wants Brexit exemption amid fears next N'Golo Kante would be denied work permit

The Siege

Brexit voters need to push to have EPL clubs dropped from the Champions League too. Go all the way, do it.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
"After most of Manchester City, Liverpool and Spurs squads were asked to leave the country following Brexit, United have walked the league..."

RochaRoja

I'd personally love to have rules requiring a maximum of 3 non-Englishmen in a squad of 18 on gameday. And for it to be a global rule (obviously with players from their respective countries). And on top of that, I'd like the Bosman ruling to be revoked.

Would it destroy the quality of the Premiership? Yes. And I'm good with that, especially as it would enhance the game globally and make the development of youth more of a concern both with clubs and with FA's.
Less quality competition from overseas means less talent (and hard work) required for local players to reach the top of the English game. It would make the national team weaker, not stronger.

RochaRoja

Seeing that the leave vote was the largest vote ever cast in this country, your comment is both incredibly stupid and arrogant!

Some things in a life are way more important than football and if leaving the EU meant my team losing a player like Kante, then so be it!I

I just cannot wait to see Corbyn and his cowardly commie''s crushed at the next election!
:lol:

Congratulations on proving the exact point you were arguing against. :)

Classical Mechanic

Countries like Spain and France who are absolutely stacked with talent would have plenty of top players who wouldn’t qualify based on international caps though.

I’m not aware of the exact rules, but as far as I’m aware even established players like Laporte and Ceballos wouldn’t qualify.
Fact is that we have no clue of what immigration policy the UK will adopt after Brexit for special talents across all sectors. We are debating against an unknown.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
People like you are the reason I don't want to live in this country anymore.

Sick of you and the rest of the daily mail brigade.
I don't read the Daily Mail and more importantly i didn't even vote to leave. And when someone replies with an insult instead of challenging ponits raised, it's because they know they can't argue against the hard facts. So, don't believe me, just check for yourself Labours record on unemployment, debt, Dennis Healey having to go cap in hand to the IMF with Labour making us the sick man of Europe. Just check yourself the outright racist comments Labour MP Clive Lewis made about non white Tory cabinet ministers. I'm just another Labour voter that's been driven away by a bunch of hard left extrmeists destroying a once great party, as many others have been.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea fan, huh? Shocker.
Still sing about getting all the black off the Union Jack at the Bridge?
Oh dear! Reduced to David Lammy levels of thicko stereotyping - leave voters = fascist. Chelsea fan = fascist.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh dear! Reduced to David Lammy levels of thicko stereotyping - leave voters = fascist. Chelsea fan = fascist.
Out of interest, what’s your thoughts on Trump?

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I don't read the Daily Mail and more importantly i didn't even vote to leave. And when someone replies with an insult instead of challenging ponits raised, it's because they know they can't argue against the hard facts. So, don't believe me, just check for yourself Labours record on unemployment, debt, Dennis Healey having to go cap in hand to the IMF with Labour making us the sick man of Europe. Just check yourself the outright racist comments Labour MP Clive Lewis made about non white Tory cabinet ministers. I'm just another Labour voter that's been driven away by a bunch of hard left extrmeists destroying a once great party, as many others have been.
You cite Healey and the IMF and Labour's record on debt and unemployment but you said you were a Labour voter up until now? Doesn't that mean you voted Labour in the 1970s and 1980s during the winter of discontent and the leadership of Michael Foot? Can I ask why those didn't push you away?

Tostao_80

Driven away into the arms of who? Presumably, seeing as you're so concerned about racism youll stay away from Boris Johnson and anything to do with Farage.

lysglimt

Scout
We are not some backward, tinpot country that will fall apart at the seams, as the scaremongers and commie Labour will have us believe. Befroe the vote to leave that same lot said voting to leave will lead to a massive loss of jobs, yet a million more people are working since the vote. Of course there will be some poblems for a while but they'll be sorted. A short while from now we will be a sovereign country again and when the dust settles the scaremongers will have a massive amount of egg on their faces.
Of course - and your total export to the EU is only 46% of your entire export (about £290 billion) - why would you even need a deal with the EU ? It will work out - you can use the £350 million you were promised would go to the NHS. Oh right - they don't exist :)

Snafu17

Nice to know that being a less incompetent footballer than Phil Jones puts me in the elite 0.001%
I guarantee you that Phil Jones is a significantly better footballer than you are in any and all aspects of the game.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Out of interest, what’s your thoughts on Trump?
Best of a rum lot to choose from. Democrats have been dire since Clinton was in office. Same as Labour with Blair.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Of course - and your total export to the EU is only 46% of your entire export (about £290 billion) - why would you even need a deal with the EU ? It will work out - you can use the £350 million you were promised would go to the NHS. Oh right - they don't exist :)
And nobody has ever said we don't need a deal with the EU, so what are you on about? Trade deals will be done and you know it. Everything will work out fine, so stop worrying and scaremongering!

Jam

Best of a rum lot to choose from. Democrats have been dire since Clinton was in office. Same as Labour with Blair.
Thinking Trump is the best President from the current candidates completely invalidates any opinion you have on anything.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Given the likelihood of No Deal we really should have kept Lukaku. The upcoming food shortages would hopefully have made him more effective.
Please.

Such things will only impact the poor.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
Less quality competition from overseas means less talent (and hard work) required for local players to reach the top of the English game. It would make the national team weaker, not stronger.
I never said anything about the national team. You're right, it would make it weaker (initially). My main (only) concern is domestic leagues in need of domestic talent not being gutted of aforementioned talent by rich clubs who will not use them anyway. If there was a max of 3 non-domestic players per squad, teams would be far more discerning of which foreign talent they bring in. Meaning that far more talent stay in their domestic league, enhancing the quality of that league - where exposure, sponorship and money will eventually follow.

I can't stand modern "top league" European football, it's a farcical load of shite.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Brexit means Brexit. Even it means that will be the end of the EPL dominance in oversea broadcast right and money. No deal Brexit is the way to go!

Last edited:

Pierluigi Casiraghi

Seeing that the leave vote was the largest vote ever cast in this country, your comment is both incredibly stupid and arrogant!

Some things in a life are way more important than football and if leaving the EU meant my team losing a player like Kante, then so be it!I

I just cannot wait to see Corbyn and his cowardly commie''s crushed at the next election!
Whatever one's opinions on Brexit are, I completely agree that United not being able to sign certain players is a very childish argument against it.

FootyCrew

Can’t have it both ways

Brexit played on the dumb white racist crowd and the strangely fanaticals much like trump did in the US

Trump should be in jail by now
Brexit is a disaster for the uk
Hahahaha

Brexit has a point, and is not to be dictated what to do by Germany, a country that doesn't even know how to deal with the 'refugee problem' that Ms.Merkel allowed to happen in her country.

pacifictheme

Hahahaha

Brexit has a point, and is not to be dictated what to do by Germany, a country that doesn't even know how to deal with the 'refugee problem' that Ms.Merkel allowed to happen in her country.
If you're not filthy rich and you voted for brexit you're almost certainly a bit racist or a bit thick.

ROFLUTION

Blooody foreigners Kante taking the jobs from the honest and hard working men James Milners and Stephen Irelands of England baduurrrr

Smores

Are we under attack by the FLA or something? The state of posts in this thread

FootyCrew

Or people disillusioned by the current issue of immigration. It is no coincidence that UK crime has risen with the influx of immigrants over the last 40 years. That along with peoples fear of terrorism in the UK which has increased in the last 10 years. Also the increase of areas in the UK that can’t be accessed by white british due to being uwelcome and danger to their safety. Just see the rise in foreign areas of the UK that have no white habitants. I.e many areas in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bradford, Leeds, Blackburn, Rochdale etc.

This stuff being highlighted as an issue is not racist, it is fact. Not every person who see’s this issue is a racist. There is an increased fear for the safety of the UK population due to these problems.
Exactly, and the same is happening in Sweden.

But when people read that, they only scream 'racism', zero arguments.

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
Brexit means Brexit. Even it means that will be the end of the EPL dominance in oversea broadcast right and money. No deal Brexit is the way to go!
Not sure if this is tongue in cheek but regardless I really despise this pucker cheeked attitude from many Brexiteers, happy to trash many communal things for the sake of something that many people who enjoy those communal things don't want.

I don't understand why anyone who voted for Brexit can't simply have their taxes increased to cover its various costs themselves, whilst people that don't want it don't receive such a negative burden that they never asked for.

Posh Red

In no particular order.

Shadow chancellor who's an open commie. Supports British workers going on strike to support workers in other countries.
Re nationalisation.
Look up the momemtum extremists running the party behind the scenes. Brand Tony Blair a traitor to Labour
Brand non white Tories as uncle toms and race traitors.
Anti semetic.
Back our enemies time and again.
Tax everyone and everything to death and at the end of their term in office leave with unemployment higher than it was when they took power, as EVERY single Labour government has done.
Leave massive debts for Tories to come back and sort out.

The fact that Tories are in such a mess yet still well ahead of Corbyn and his cronies says it all and a no deal Brexit beats Corbyn as PM hands down!
17 million people voted to leave the EU.
The did not vote to leave the EU only when we have a deal that was supported by Labour,
They deserve to be heavily punished for blocking the will of the people and they will be!

And btw i've only ever voted for Labour, but no amount of money could bribe me to vote for this load of chicken shit.
Confusing

pacifictheme

Exactly, and the same is happening in Sweden.

But when people read that, they only scream 'racism', zero arguments.
Well its racist to suggest a rise in crime and terror is linked to immigration without backing it up statistically. Which is what they've done. The tories took 20000 police off the streets over the last ten years and now we're supposed to cheer because they've said they'd restore the status quo from 2009. Bravo. That probably led to a rise in crime eh?

Not to mention the terrorist attacks we feared not so long ago came from the ira and "islamic terror" became an issue for us after we got into bed with bush. Even since then we've had our fair share of white terrorism as well.

Its just very selective with nothing to back it up. Smells of an agenda.

And considering our population pyramid the uk badly needs a good rate of immigration to pay for all the fecking pensioners.

Tostao_80

lysglimt

Scout
And nobody has ever said we don't need a deal with the EU, so what are you on about? Trade deals will be done and you know it. Everything will work out fine, so stop worrying and scaremongering!
Oh there will be trade deals ? When ? 2023 ?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Blooody foreigners Kante taking the jobs from the honest and hard working men James Milners and Stephen Irelands of England baduurrrr
Aye, Stephen Ireland worked hard to come over here and steal jobs from the English. It's about time these Europeans fecked off and learned we're the ones stealing jobs around here. Brexit ain't getting rid of us, we'll be stealing all the jobs now.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Just out of curiosity, if Brexit happens, what do you believe are the advantages of it? Just want to know your thoughts.

The Last Jedaiiii

Just out of curiosity, if Brexit happens, what do you believe are the advantages of it? Just want to know your thoughts.
Human rights act will be abolished and people like him will be able to freely commit hate crimes. Brexit wasn't, isn't and never will be about economic anxiety- that's a lie contradicted by evidence and one concocted by white remainers to shield them from introspection.

Snafu17

There's a lot of heavily politically opinionated new members in this thread.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

Thinking Trump is the best President from the current candidates completely invalidates any opinion you have on anything.
Woke af. In fact I just stood up and clapped.

Human rights act will be abolished and people like him will be able to freely commit hate crimes. Brexit wasn't, isn't and never will be about economic anxiety- that's a lie contradicted by evidence and one concocted by white remainers to shield them from introspection.
I don't think we need to worry about assault being legalised, even with a No Deal. Then again we are on a forum where people think wearing a sombrero to a Halloween party is a hate crime so perhaps our definitions are a little different.

Last edited:

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Brexit was always about economic anxiety just not the anxiety of the poor and working class who voted for it but the anxiety of the Rees-Moggs, Banks, Odeys Rothermeres, Barclays & Murdochs who stand to be crucified under anti tax avoidance legislation by the EU next January.

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
Whatever one's opinions on Brexit are, I completely agree that United not being able to sign certain players is a very childish argument against it.
Not really, football is extremely important culturally and for many very personally. For example with myself, I hope to have a successful life in every way that you may say is important, but I will also remember Leicester winning the Premier League forever.