Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Preseason schedule (all times BST (GMT+1)):

Squad:

GK: David de Gea, Lee Grant
DF: Matteo Darmian, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Axel Tuanzebe, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Demetri Mitchell, Luke Shaw
MF: Fred, Ander Herrera, Andreas Pereira, Scott McTominay, James Garner
FW: Juan Mata, Marcus Rashford, Alexis Sanchez, Tahith Chong, Mason Greenwood

Last edited:

haram

Hopefully Martial and Lindelof in the lineup.

Loublaze

ATLien
Lets just avoid a huge morale crushing defeat before the season starts. I've seen Bayern this preseason and they've looked good (even despite losing 3-2 to City's kids in their last game). They look way fitter than we do.

Last edited:

Wazza4Gaffa

I highly doubt any of the youth will be making the trip. Its time for the guys who may play vs Leicester to get all the minutes.

el3mel

Ddg
Darmian - Bailly - TFM - Tuanzebe - Shaw
Fred - Herrera - Scott
Mata - Sanchez​

AgentP

When are all the players returning? Lindelof and Martial should be back for this friendly. The players who played the semis are the only ones left. I think they'll join the players after the August 5 friendly when they return to Carrington.

svastian99

---------------DeGea
Darmian---Lindelof---Bailly---Shaw
--------------Herrera
--------Fred-----------Pereira
----Mata-------Alexis-------Martial?

or

---------------DeGea
Darmian---Lindelof---Bailly---Shaw
--------------Herrera
------Fred---------------McTominay
--------------Pereira
---------Mata---------Alexis

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I thought most of the senior players were back for this one?

If their holidays are finished you'd expect them to get the last 15-30 mins to allow the players with a lot of minutes this past few weeks to take a break. It's not like they've got to fly out to America for it.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We've been playing 5 at the back all preseason, which I hope we abandon for the season. For this game:

DDG

Darmian Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Pereira

Herrera Fred

Mata Martial Sanchez​

Nick7

Would assume Jones, Lukaku, Lindelof, and Rashford get minutes for this.

Kidders

I think this is a game for two halves: best/fittest XI to start and a complete second half change (if possible).
Can someone confirm those who won't be fit/available ? I have Dalot, Romero & Matic injured, doubts over Valencia & Smalling, Pogba not enough training and Martial AWOL ?

DDG
Young-Bailly-Linderlof-Shaw
Herrera-Peirera-Fred
Mata-Lukaku-Sanchez

Grant
Valencia-Smalling-Jones-Rojo-Darmian
Fellaini-McTomminay
Lingard-Rashford-Martial

We might have two new signings by then as well !

Nick7

I think this is a game for two halves: best/fittest XI to start and a complete second half change (if possible).
Can someone confirm those who won't be fit/available ? I have Dalot, Romero & Matic injured, doubts over Valencia & Smalling, Pogba not enough training and Martial AWOL ?

DDG
Young-Bailly-Linderlof-Shaw
Herrera-Peirera-Fred
Mata-Lukaku-Sanchez

Grant
Valencia-Smalling-Jones-Rojo-Darmian
Fellaini-McTomminay
Lingard-Rashford-Martial

We might have two new signings by then as well !
Two new signings by Monday? You're optimistic!

Johan77

Why won't Pogba be back if the english and belgians will? It's just one more days rest for them compared to Pogba...
Only Jones, Rashford and Lukaku cut their vacation short, from what I've read. So Lingard, Young, Fellaini and Pogba won't play , if they don't decide to cut their vacation too...
All players have right to take 3 weeks of in a row, according to the PFA rules. 3 weeks for Lingard, Young and Fellaini are on saturday, on sunday for Pogba. So they will most certainly not play against Bayern

el3mel

Why won't Pogba be back if the english and belgians will? It's just one more days rest for them compared to Pogba...
Only Jones, Rashford and Lukaku cut their vacation short, from what I've read. So Lingard, Young, Fellaini and Pogba won't play , if they don't decide to cut their vacation too...
All players have right to take 3 weeks of in a row, according to the PFA rules. 3 weeks for Lingard, Young and Fellaini are on saturday, on sunday for Pogba. So they will most certainly not play against Bayern
They're free to have their holidays as they like imo. The ones who returned, returned on their own, not because they were forced to. Better to take a rest at the start of the season to push harder late then return not 100% ready and become crap as the season goes on. Those who returned earlier think they can handle it. The other may not.

IrishGlen

Okay, maybe we'll bring in Maguire /Mina / Alderweireld and he could play against LCFC but assuming we go with what we have, I'd go with this:

De Gea

TFM Bailly Lindelöf Shaw

Herrera Fred Pereira

Mata Sanchez Martial

Giving minutes to Lukaku & Rashford and then against LCFC - drop Mata, move Sanchez / Martial to the right and start Rom.

ElEcTrO

I will be attending this one.

As it is only the second time I am going to see United live, could anyone pls give some hints - is it even possible to catch players before or after the game in order to make some pics and get autographs?

Thanks!

Canagel

If martial doesn't play I think it's safe to say he's gone.

Pat Evra

Anyone going to the game? Is it possible to buy tickets outside the stadium before the game and how much could it roughly cost? Thanks in advance.

Blackwidow

Anyone going to the game? Is it possible to buy tickets outside the stadium before the game and how much could it roughly cost? Thanks in advance.
It does not seem to be sold out as tickets still are available online.

https://tickets.fcbayern.com/internetverkauf/EventList.aspx

It is Bayern's season opener after there was done some remodelling in the Allianz Arena.

And Fans were painting a lot with permission of the club inside. Not ready now - just around 6 of the 16 kiosks. Paid for it, too.

There is much to do on the afternoon. Sunbathing in the Englischer Garten, watching the surfers at the Eisbach, swimming in the Isar river, beergardens. The Esplanade around the Allianz Arena opens at 15:00 with some events. Or you can watch the U23 match of Bayern's youngsters at 14:00 in the Grünwalder Stadium (tickets for the evening match are good for both matches).

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
ha ha: didn't even know we had this game. thought we'd come home... seems utterly pointless to me