Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

Janson

Then you have absolutely no idea what our great club stands for. It is about style first, then success. Not the other way round.
I know that, but not every fan prioritises the same things. Some would like exciting football even at the expense of winning, and I don't see how that's anything close to the United way either.

AndyJ1985

I know that, but not every fan prioritises the same things. Some would like exciting football even at the expense of winning, and I don't see how that's anything close to the United way either.
I don't understand how anyone can not care about how we play and only concentrate on results. To me that'd make sport very boring and actually completely pointless. Sport is supposed to be entertaining first and foremost, the result is nothing more than a conclusion; it's the entertainment and the journey that give the result context. Also people keep going on about how we'd rather play good football than win. Frankly it's nonsense. If we played great football we'd still win a lot more than we lost, so it's not a case of one or the other, we can have both and we should expect both.

Janson

I don't understand how anyone can not care about how we play and only concentrate on results. To me that'd make sport very boring and actually completely pointless. Sport is supposed to be entertaining first and foremost, the result is nothing more than a conclusion; it's the entertainment and the journey that give the result context. Also people keep going on about how we'd rather play good football than win. Frankly it's nonsense. If we played great football we'd still win a lot more than we lost, so it's not a case of one or the other, we can have both and we should expect both.
Liverpool played more attractive football and finished below us, so it's possible.

suhaylah

The way Mou makes united play in each match, the team has a better chance of losing or drawing than winning.

suhaylah

Liverpool played more attractive football and finished below us, so it's possible.
However they reached the final of the champions league and dominated Madrid until they had Salah injured. If they had a bit of luck, they would have most probably win the final.

Janson

However they reached the final of the champions league and dominated Madrid until they had Salah injured. If they had a bit of luck, they would have most probably win the final.
CL is a cup, anything can happen. While the league is a more accurate representation of their level.

5red

Supports
Liverpool
CL is a cup, anything can happen. While the league is a more accurate representation of their level.
It's the Champions League now, not the European Cup.

Bobski

While playing guys like Karius, Lovren, Alexander Arnold(talented but a kid) Henderson and Milner. Yet some would have you believe that it is impossible to play good football with the squad Utd have. Or more ridiculously that you have to make a choice of style or success.

Question, if we give Mourinho £200 million to spend today and he was able to bring in the 2-3 players he claims to need does anyone truly believe that it would transform the style of play? Is is not more likely that we play in a very similar way, just with better players?