Press conference and other interviews thread

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Since no one wants to make a new thread for press conferences anymore, here's a thread for them.

It's a shame, because Ten Hag's conferences are actually quite interesting.

Anyone can post the conference, whoever gets there first.

Anyway, here's one to start you off, post Bournemouth:

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Huge thank you for not using the awful word 'presser'.

IRN-BRUno

Everton press conference:

FA Cup approach
"For me the cup is always special, I know in England FA Cup is even more higher expectations, higher standards than in the Netherlands, but I like the cup in the Netherlands as well, it's a different league. In not so many games you can achieve a lot, and you have to come away a winner, this is possible if you draw a replay but then after two it's a knockout and I like that."
Why United have signed Butland
"Yes, so Martin (Dubravka) was recalled and now to set up we need three experienced goalkeepers, we have some young ones, and they do well, but we have so many games, so you need three good goalies in training but also when problems are coming you need experience in goal to get your goals, what you are aiming for."
De Gea still first-choice
"What he's (Butland) bringing, I'm really happy with David, it's quite clear, he's our No.1, he's a really good performer, but there's always something that can happen with David as well, and you have to be prepared for that, so you don't have one.
"Last year I had a situation with Ajax we had three goalies injured, and you don't want a position that you play for trophies, and you have to put in a young keeper, you can't expect it, and also kill your season. That's what you have to be prepared for."
Where can Rashford improve
"First of all, keep the focus always and doesn't matter if you are in the game or not in the game, keep focusing on scoring the goal. A player like Marcus but others in our squad - Anthony Martial is the same - when they stay in the game, mentally, focused, 100% concentration, they have the skills and only need one moment to change the game in a positive way. If he develops that skill, he will score more goals and contribute to a successful season."
Season so far
"You don't know, but let's say we are in a good position, we are where we want to be but still go from game to game, we play in many competitions, focus from game to game and don't think too far ahead."
Title ambitions
"We have to go from game to game, think about and work on that progressing, it's all about that as a team, first thing and then individual as individuals get better."
Ten Hag plays down trophy target
"I don't think about that. It's in this stage of the season you are not looking at, we have together into a position you can win something and I know the season is taking long, especially with such a lot of games ahead. Then don't get distracted when you think too far ahead, you get distracted, focus on the team progress, team development, it's all about that. We have many elements in our game we have to improve."
Ten Hag looking to improve the team
"We always have to look for that. As we push the players because good is not good enough, also in the organisation we have to push each other and when there are opportunities at the top you have to be ready for that. My main focus is to improve the team."

Speako

Everton press conference:

FA Cup approach

Why United have signed Butland

De Gea still first-choice

Where can Rashford improve

Season so far

Title ambitions

Ten Hag plays down trophy target

Ten Hag looking to improve the team
Thanks for that, great summary. Much appreciated.

CallyRed

Great thread Hope post match interviews can are placed here as well. Find it hard to find in the match day/post match threads.

Shiva87

Seems like he has given quite a few interviews for this Everton game! Now we better win this one.

eth speaks clearly and convincingly about what he wants and it seems to be getting through to the team.

IRN-BRUno

Man City press conference:

Weghorst won't play tomorrow
"We are close. He will not be available for tomorrow."
What has changed since last derby
"We have to prove that tomorrow on the pitch. Last time we didn't do well and we have to do it better.
"It has been a process in the last months where we have developed.
"We have to be brave, have to believe and have to play our game."
Not getting carried away
"It is January and we are not even halfway. It is a long way, so it is in this period of the season that you have to get in your position to win trophies at the end of it."
City thrashing was a lesson
"It was a lesson, we took the lesson and from that point on we have made huge progress."
What has changed
"I think that game was a setback, it is always about you have to act, to deliver.
"You have to go through certain steps, you need a clear vision, a clear point where you want to go...a direction.
"Then it is about development."
A good time to play City?
"I don't look, and of course we notice, that they had a setback.
"I have seen the past weeks many games of them. But we have to look at ourselves, we have to play our best game.
"That is what I demand tomorrow from my players. Togetherness with full belief, not naive."
Revenge not a motive
"It is not about that game anymore. It is the past, it is about the future."
Winning record means nothing without trophies
"It is nice but you deserve nothing for it. It is about winning trophies. We are here in a project and we want to win trophies."
Early team news
"I think Diogo Dalot is not available and Anthony Martial he trained this morning, so we have to wait to see how he trains. It will be decided tomorrow morning."
Casemiro impact
"That is quite obvious (an impact). I said it from the beginning, this team, needed a No.6. Control, holding midfielder, he is so important. He is the cement between the stones.
"Defence, knows his position, points others into position, winning balls, duels mainly, in possession he can speed up the game. We are really happy to have him on board."
Striker shortage
"Weghorst wasn't even available in the last weeks, it would be a bonus if he was. We have won a lot of games without Anthony Martial."

Raven

Really hope Martial's fit for tomorrow, he's usually good against this shower of wankers.