Press conference and other interviews thread

TheReligion

Abusive
I just can't see any positives in this game on Sunday after yet another tired second half showing
Perhaps not but I expect the manager of Man United to be building up his players and going to give it a good shot.

Unless you’d prefer him to be like you and tell the press we aren’t bothering to travel because we’ll get beat anyway without Casemiro?

Not sure what your point is.

Gazza

I'm so negative because we have had a few close games this season and got away with it, last night we should have been using those as a reference point not to just totally slacken off when it really counts
I think you post from a place of emotion, which is fine, but I do feel sometimes we might all benefit from letting a process take its course and looking at the bigger picture. Ten Hag is building something and has given us plenty so far to mean we can trust that whatever he’s saying in press conferences is said with the aim of pushing us forward. Have faith! :)

TheReligion

Abusive
I think you post from a place of emotion, which is fine, but I do feel sometimes we might all benefit from letting a process take its course and looking at the bigger picture. Ten Hag is building something and has given us plenty so far to mean we can trust that whatever he’s saying in press conferences is said with the aim of pushing us forward. Have faith! :)
Well said

Dominant

One draw and we get these posters with defeatist attitudes who just moan and moan and moan on the forum non-stop about how we are definitely going to lose to arsenal and shouldn’t even bothered turning up. Total loser mindset. Perhaps supporting Man Utd isn’t for you. Perhaps grow a spine first.

Gazza

@croadyman I feel like you are like I was a few years back, in terms of how heavy you take a bad night for United. I now try and take a nice long walk whenever United play shit or lose points, I find it helps me and also gives me clarity when it comes to posting (although I am sure most people on here would say they see no evidence of the latter!). I am not trying to tell you what to do or how to feel but I just think we could all be enjoying following the club more now that we are in an upwardly trending direction, and maybe putting some distance between yourself and your feelings immediately after a match like yesterday's could help you enjoy it more? But again, you do you, it might be that you enjoy feeling the lows more than the highs (I can relate in terms of my daily life!) so all good, but just a suggestion, mate.

croadyman

@croadyman I feel like you are like I was a few years back, in terms of how heavy you take a bad night for United. I now try and take a nice long walk whenever United play shit or lose points, I find it helps me and also gives me clarity when it comes to posting (although I am sure most people on here would say they see no evidence of the latter!). I am not trying to tell you what to do or how to feel but I just think we could all be enjoying following the club more now that we are in an upwardly trending direction, and maybe putting some distance between yourself and your feelings immediately after a match like yesterday's could help you enjoy it more? But again, you do you, it might be that you enjoy feeling the lows more than the highs (I can relate in terms of my daily life!) so all good, but just a suggestion, mate.
I appreciate the post and wouldn't feel such annoyance if we didn't keep falling asleep in these second halves. The rest of things I feel much more comfortable about but this constantly rattles me. Kept saying against Palace get that second goal or we will regret it and look what happened

Really hope that Erik is asked in the presser today about what he thinks is leading to these second half showings

Last edited:

IRN-BRUno

Nottingham Forest press conference:

Ten Hag on Arsenal reaction
"We left it behind [Arsenal defeat] and we said the right conclusions then we have to move forward and quickly because tomorrow is a big game and focus on that."
Ten Hag on team news
"No, all the players who were not available for Arsenal game, so Dalot, Martial, Sancho are also not available for tomorrow."
Ten Hag on winning a trophy
"It's about that, it's about winning trophies, so we have a good opportunity but we have to go game from game, now we play Forest two legs, so focus on the first leg, don't think further ahead because that will distract and so the aim for tomorrow is win that game."
Ten Hag on playing Forest away
"It's a long time ago United played there [The City Ground]. I think we like that. When fanatic audience is nice to play for, it will be a good atmosphere and I think it will motivate the players and we have to get ready for that."

Ten Hag on criticism of defence
"No. Because I think a lot of games we did very well, we had a lot of clean sheets, against Man City we defended very well. In general, also against Arsenal we defended very well, they didn't get clean shots, there was was one time from a free-kick. There was a lot of defence between the ball and the goal. All the goals were avoidable and that's my point, it cannot happen. When you concede three goals in a top game you can't win, that's one of the conclusions. We have to take this lesson."
Ten Hag on hectic schedule
"As you said, it's obvious we are successful, we are in a good direction, not successful for the moment because in January you don't win trophies, in February you can win one, we have to aim for that and go for that. It's more about getting in the right positions in April to go for trophies."
Ten Hag on winning trophies
"It's the best feeling you can have, winning a trophy and I have the luck in my career to win some trophies and it's magnificent, especially for the fans, it's so great and I think the fans here have some experience, especially the older ones, but in this period, Manchester United didn't win trophies and it's too long ago. We are aware of that fact and we have to do it again."

evil_geko

In general, also against Arsenal we defended very well, they didn't get clean shots, there was was one time from a free-kick. There was a lot of defence between the ball and the goal.
But some Caftards were convincing me after the match that we were "battered" and should have lost by "large margin" after I said 20 shots meant feck all when they were all largely off target. You know nothing Ten Hag. We should listen to stat merchants. :wenger:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Question from part 2 (about Martial's injuries);
Journalist: "With people like Harry Maguire, you’d have to break his leg to stop him from playing, because he has that mentality to always make himself available, no matter what little knocks he has…"

:lol:
:lol: . This journo surely got money from Maguire's agent.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Journalist: "With people like Harry Maguire, you’d have to break his leg to stop him from playing, because he has that mentality to always make himself available, no matter what little knocks he has…"

:lol: :lol:

Someone

Something

Pretty weird take as well, never felt that Maguire is different than anyone else in that regard, and it's not like Martial chooses not to play.

Someone

Something
I believe he has in the past?
I don't recall that, but to be honest if someone is injury prone or is coming back from a long injury you kinda get why some fear might be involved. Certainly wouldn't consider it a lack of commitment.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Pretty weird take as well, never felt that Maguire is different than anyone else in that regard, and it's not like Martial chooses not to play.
It’s well known that there’s a big spectrum in terms of how “fit” footballers need to be in order to make themselves available for selection. Bearing in mind their respective injury record I’d say it’s fairly obvious that Martial and Maguire are at opposite ends of that spectrum.

IRN-BRUno

Reading press conference:

Reading preview
"(Favourites) But that's on paper, football is never decided on paper, we have to be ready for every game, every opponent will be tough especially in the cup, for them it's a perfect chance, we have to be aware of that, be on the front foot, focused and energy.
"We want to win every game, so we plan every game fully and the next game is also the most important game."
Team news
"We have always issues, but I think tomorrow we will have a strong selection for this game, we have a good squad, we can cover things."
Sancho latest
"He is training with the team, and we will see, so he's improving, he's making steps, and we will make the decision after training.
"I said he's on the way back, he's making steps, he's back in team training, and we have to see when he's ready to go back into games."
United open to loan exits
"We have our ideas, for some players we are open for loans but with some players they are not, they have to develop first in our environment, second, we have many games to cover, and we need players to cover that, when you play 30 games in 10 days you need a lot of players.
"The way we put on the Wednesday, Pellistri, is already a signal."
Williams and Iqbal latest
"It's also that counts for Zidane, definitely also for Brandon, he had a bad injury, he is on the way back, he was in pre-season for the restart, he was in the squad for selection against Forest, he is a part of it.
"It's a little bit up to him, I like him, but we have to work with it and see where his development can go. It's also about him to deserve his chance, take his chance. But when he wants a loan, we have to talk about that."
Full-back options
"I think Aaron and Tyrell play magnificent in this moment, on Wednesday they were really brilliant, the whole back four was really brilliant.
"In the back four we have really adapted the squad, that's what you need with 10 games in 30 days."
Dalot ruled out
"Dalot definitely out and Shaw a question mark. We have to see after training."