Press conference and other interviews thread

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Eriksen on EtH:

“He’s brought discipline in football terms, and ideas.

“His ideas are being imprinted in the players, compared to the beginning. Looking at them now, people know what they’re doing on the pitch.

“So, I think he’s done the structure, the discipline and then of course, his idea is just fun football to play.

“If you compare it to the first few games of the season, I think we are in a completely different situation. Already we have won a trophy, which I think is exceptional compared to where we started and me joining as a new player.

“But I think in football terms, of course, there are still things you can improve on. I’m sure the manager would say the same as well, there are things you could improve. Of course, the league is far off, but in the cups, we want to go as far as possible and of course we want to win them.”

IRN-BRUno

Sevilla press conference:

Ten Hag on Rashford
"A few games, so that's the statement. I can't give more details on it because we don't know. We'll have to see it how it develops."
Ten Hag on Garnacho and Shaw
"Both not available. Definitely the injury of Garnacho is more severe, but I expect Luke Shaw back on shorter notice."
Ten Hag on Martial
"We don't have to force things. We are careful. The front line against Everton worked really well."
Martial again
"I think he is ready to start, but as I said, the front line did very well against Brentford and we picked the same against Everton. The advantage was we could bring Martial back slowly, giving him minutes, but I think already against Everton he was ready to start the game."
Ten Hag on Eriksen
"I think the balance in the midfield was good with Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno. Casemiro the balance player, the line up player, Eriksen can support him but also go to the final part of the game, can create chances with key passes. So yeah, a really important player and I think he had seven or eight assists in the league, which tells the story."
Martial defence
"The time he needs for a goal is less. When he's in the team, we play our best football and we have our best results as a team. I defend him because I point to the stats and see how he contributes."
Ten Hag on Maguire
"We saw on Saturday how good he [Maguire] is. He's doing really well and he's always in contention. I'm happy with how my team is defending, we defend with 11 and we have a great goalie who gives us so many clean sheets."
Ten Hag on Sabitzer
"He's doing fantastic. He's adjusted well to Man United and the Premier League. He is a great person and suits the dressing room well. He's an intelligent player and we're happy with his role at this moment."
Ten Hag on style
"We want to play dynamic and surprise opponents. Make it difficult to read our game. We defend with 11 and attack with 11. So we work on that every day and every game - we have to improve every game."
Ten Hag on Antony
"Of course, we expect front-line players to be a threat but also have an effect in the final third. He has to work on that, but he's a young player. He's scored in big games and if you can do it in such games, you can do it in Premier League games. We have to win games together and that is my experience with him. He's a fighter and he likes a challenge. When he plays, the team is winning and he's still a very young player, he can kill opponents."
Ten Hag on Rashford
"It's a setback and he's disappointed, but he's not totally broke because he will return quickly. He's started his rehab and that helps to get back soon."

De Gea comments:

De Gea on criticism
"When we keep a clean sheet, that means the team and I did a good job. The criticism is always there, you cannot please everyone, I always try my best. We're doing a great job together."
De Gea on clean sheet record
"It feels great. It means I've been here for a long time and doing well. Beating his record [Schmeichel] makes me so proud and now is the moment to keep clean sheets. When we do that, we're close to winning big things."
De Gea on this season
"We are playing really good football. We've already won one cup and we're all enjoying it, the dressing room is close together and the players are giving their all in training and games. We are still in three competitions and we're in the right way."

IRN-BRUno

Nottingham Forest press conference:

Ten Hag on injuries
"Sorry, no, it's not even 24 hours so I don't have a complete diagnosis so I can't tell in this moment."
Lindelof and Maguire?
"A lot. Decent centre halves, they proved in the past and this season we have four or five very good centre halves who can do the job."
Other team news
"We have to see. We have two sessions to go, so I don't know now but it can be Scott and Luke will return to the squad. But not sure."
Ten Hag on Martial impact
"Oh, I think you see first half we were in a really good shape, Aaron Wan-Bissaka played very well, Antony played very well, Marcel Sabitzer did really well, Bruno very good and Anthony Martial as well, Rapha and Licha. There were many positives about yesterday's game."
Ten Hag on rotation
"We have to adapt in the squad, we have to use the squad, that is also what we did yesterday, you need a tactical approach to win the games, we have good players, suspension, we adapt to the squad."
Can Martial start again?
"Maybe he can but it's a risk and we can't take that risk in this moment because we don't have so many options in the frontline with Rashford and Garnacho injured, so we have to be careful and also in the individual prospect we know when there's a lot of load he gets injured and we have to build it, especially when the games come quick ."
Maguire suspended for Brighton
"We have to take that in mind as well, we know Harry's suspended but he played very good against Everton, yesterday played very good and in the coming games it's up to him but we have to take in mind he's suspended for the game against Brighton."
Martinez metatarsal?
"I can't say in this moment, when we have news we will give it straight to you. Let's do the medical, a full assessment, complete diagnosis, it doesn't change in this moment. I have an idea but I don't cause speculation."
Ten Hag on energy levels
"Yes but I also see an advantage, more games, so more routines, we like to play, that will give the energy, so I think many advantages and we want to go for silverware and we have to give energy if we are to make the season a success."
Ten Hag on experienced players
"Of course, they have to help the team with their experience because they have the experience to win silverware. They have to coach the team."
Ten Hag on second half
"I think the second half, we dropped our levels, dropped our standards, we made some mistakes, bad luck definitely with injuries and the goals were so lucky and deflected but you can avoid it."
Ten Hag on top four battle
"Every game is a battle, every game is a fight and you have to be ready for that fight. We have a squad - we have more than 11 starters - so now others are on and when their time is there you have to show and contribute to the team, you have to be ready. That is what we expect and what we demand. Then you find excuses, if you want to find excuses you have to look for another club. When the moment is there you have to contribute and that is what we demand."
'A cow in the ass' (:lol:)

"Because the next Bruno was throwing a ball away, so the next he is off. He saved him because Sevilla did the same in the first half and the player from Seville got booked for it. Antony, finally, he saw it out but don't come in such circumstances, everything is going our way. 2-0 up, we're playing a good game, so don't go into individual battles with your opponents, it's not necessary, you're heating up the opponent and the risk to get sent off. I don't want to take the risk.
"It's easily... so afterwards we call it where I'm coming from, you're looking a cow in the ass. Yeah, a cow in the ass. So we call it in my region from the Netherlands, that is easy. But when he got sent off you tell me, 'why don't you get him off? Why don't you go for the risk?'"

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
We can now add 'looking a cow in the ass' to 'looking a gift horse in the mouth'.

The latter proverb I understand.

The Dutch need to go easy on their supply.
It's a great saying to introduce at a press conference! :lol:

It actually means that hindsight is useless. The point is that you can look a cow in the ass if you're behind it, but that this is not going to get you anything; just like hindsight allows you to know what you should have done instead, but still doesn't get you anywhere cause you can't undo what happened. There's an explanation here: https://onzetaal.nl/schatkamer/lezen/uitdrukkingen/van-achteren-kijk-je-de-koe-in-de-kont. In the Deepl translation:
What does "From behind you look the cow in the ass" mean and where did this expression come from?
'From behind you look a cow in the ass' is a reaction to others saying how something should have gone. This expression means "in hindsight it is easy to talk," "in hindsight it is easy to say what should have been done. There are several variations of this expression in circulation. Similarly, 'Looking a cow in the ass in hindsight' is common.

The expression is actually an ironic joke. Only if you stand behind a cow can you look the animal in the ass. This is undeniably true. But you have little use for studying a cow's ass. Thinking about how something should have gone afterwards is equally pointless: you can't change what happened anyway.

The expression appears in slightly different terms in Harrebomée's proverbial book (1858): "From behind you see the cow in the hole." Yet the expression does not seem to have been in general Dutch for very long. It first appeared in a newspaper in 1983.

It seems that "Van achteren kijk je een koe in de kont" comes from the northern part of the language area: perhaps Drenthe, Twente, Salland and/or the Achterhoek. The Dictionary of the Drenthe Dialects (1996) mentions, "Van aachter kiek ie de koe in het gat" with the meaning "talking afterwards is easy".

Fanta Stick

It's a great saying to introduce at a press conference! :lol:

It actually means that hindsight is useless. The point is that you can look a cow in the ass if you're behind it, but that this is not going to get you anything; just like hindsight allows you to know what you should have done instead, but still doesn't get you anywhere cause you can't undo what happened. There's an explanation here: https://onzetaal.nl/schatkamer/lezen/uitdrukkingen/van-achteren-kijk-je-de-koe-in-de-kont. In the Deepl translation:
"In de kont"?

I thought you had to look in the cow's arse?

It's all very confusing.:wenger:

IRN-BRUno

Spurs press conference;

Ten Hag on Fernandes
"There are some unavailable - Martinez, Varane. We have to see how Bruno Fernandes is, we don't know yet. Is a question mark. But I think for the rest, we are quite okay."
Fernandes again
"It's more often that players, we protect them, prevention but it has to settle down. We have seen he played a full game and it happened in the first half. But tomorrow is quick, we have to see what is possible."
Ten Hag on Tottenham
"It was not so often that we have to bounce back, it happens with all the great teams, Real Madrid, heh? It's obvious they had a really bad defeat, of course, they are mad, that can be fuel for bounce backing. It's about us, an opponent can never be more hungry than us. That is how we have to prepare the game and make sure we go front foot, be dominant and dictate the game."
Ten Hag on expectations
"It is not always the same, it depends on what the reason behind it is. Depending on the reason, you tell them. It's situational leadership, I call it. You take the lead, you give the message, it depends on the occasion."
Is the game significant?
"Very. You see the table. It's quite clear but approach, our approach will not change. Our approach is we want to win every game, it doesn't matter who the opponent is."
Ten Hag on Kane
"It's quite clear, his impact on the game from Spurs, we have a plan for that and home game we did very well, so for tomorrow we need a very good plan as well. You have to defend as a team, he's a clever player, don't allow him to come into the situations, he can have a big impact on the game."
Ten Hag on character
"They (the players) are resilient. They are able to do it, it's not easy but they can do it. Now we have to make the next step to do it in games where you get a setback. You can have a bad setback but show your character and personality in the game to bounce back. I'm not in a position, I am the Man United manager, we are in another place, I have to make sure our players are ready tomorrow against a good opponent, good team, good players, I have to focus they have energy."

IRN-BRUno

Brighton press conference:

Ten Hag on Jimmy Murphy statue
"I think it's very good that the club gives so much honour and congratulating to the main person in the history of Manchester United. He stands for more symbols, a symbol of youth, youth development, he stands for resilience and determination and they are the standards for Manchester. After Munich, the club was devastated and they bounced back and this person played the main role. It's totally deserved he gets an honour for this. Jimmy Murphy centre, Jimmy Murphy POTY and now his statue, it's fantastic."
Ten Hag on Garnacho
"First of all, I think he shows he can make the final step, not only in talent but also he made it. Now, it's a new start, a restart, because now expectations will be higher, the demands will definitely be higher, he is on his way, he is a strong character and that's why he's there in the moment on this level and he did it by himself."
Garnacho again
"Now more work is coming to go because the demands are higher, we expect more from him but it's great he made it. It tells we will give young players opportunities but they have to deserve it. When I say give, translate to deserve. They have to deserve with their feet, show it on the pitch and it means invest a lot, invest in training performances, in the U21s then wait for your moment and prove again. Alejandro is that step beyond but now the demands will be even more. He has to compete for a starting XI position. Every time is the same: you have to cross limits and every time you have to go in the next level, we go with him in the challenge but most important is the player has to do it."
Garnacho available vs Brighton?
"We have one training but I think it's too soon to be available, he's short."
Ten Hag on the transformation
"I never want to talk during the season of pride or satisfaction, you know my statement satisfaction leads to laziness. We have six games to go and every game we want to win, therefore you need full focus, full energy, full preparation and tomorrow is definitely going to be a fight and we have to be ready for that fight and the points."
Ten Hag's targets
"We want to win every game, we want to win every comp. I can't choose. But it's clear we want to be in the Champions League, that is the competition we are now fighting for and that is the only thing in this moment to focus on. The FA Cup final is after the season."
Ten Hag on trophy and top four
"I never speak about 'if' scenarios, not negative, not positive, focus on the game tomorrow, don't dream, stay in the same focus as others. You have to improve every game. Good is not good enough, we have to do better."
Brighton rematch
"It's a normal reaction, I think everyone involved in top sport, if you get beaten you want to have revenge and that is normal they have a huge motivation to beat us but we have to match that and do more, show more hunger than them to win this game and willingness is the word for tomorrow."
Ten Hag on away form
"I don't think about away or home, we have to win every game, so we have to win tomorrow as well."
Varane and McTominay fitness
"Prognosis: Rapha is closer than SM in this moment but still for the coming two games they are not available."
Ten Hag on young players
"I know the culture of Man United, I knew before, of course I was long employed in youth football, I met several times Man United in big tournaments in the Netherlands. In U15, Man United was always there, it's the biggest tournament for U15 teams but in the past everyone knew and talked about Busby Babes and generation 92, Man United has a big history of youth development and in our talks last year that was one of the points we talked about."
Young talent again
"Ajax was the same as Man United in developing young players, giving young players opportunities to work on their personality if they feel they are good persons and have a good life and can contribute in society but we want to develop players into the first team, I think we are in that perspective, Garnacho, Kobbie Mainoo is also on his way. There is a pathway to the first-team but they have to deserve it. We have structures in the academy, brilliant work, U21 and training into the first team but talent has to do it by itself."

top1whoisman

Scout
Erik, a lot of supporters appreciated you when you picked up the gold and green scarf at the weekend. Was that an act of solidarity with fans who want new ownership?
“No, it was just polite. But I know what is going around and what the symbol of it is, but this matter was just polite.”

Just going back to the away form, I think it's one win against the top 12 teams. You have played 10 of them and there is just Brighton left to play. Can you put your finger on why you have struggled away from home, because I suppose if you want to be title challengers next season, you are going to need a better away record against the better teams?
“That is absolutely true. It has to do with personality and character, that is where we have to step up and we have to face this. We have to definitely improve.”

Erik, just on the takeover process, there was a hope that it would be resolved one way or another by the end of April. That's obviously not going to be the case and it has dragged on. You can't influence those plans but depending on what happens, it could influence what you want to do in the summer. How important in your mind is it that the situation is resolved soon, so that you know exactly what situation you face in the summer?
“Yeah. I think it is clear what I want but it is not up to me. It's about others in the club and finally it is only the owners who can make that decision. So it is not up to me and I can do everything I can, and I influence the processes I am in charge of.”

Do you think there will be people that will try to buy the club that will be very mindful themselves of the importance of the summer and they themselves will hopefully want the situation resolved quickly, to assist you in whichever way they can?
“Yeah, but still, as I keep telling you the same answer, I can take my influence and I will do with those processes. That is not my job and that is not my responsibility and so I don't also have the power to influence that. I am focusing on improving the squad, improving the team, improve the team's development and I have to make sure the team is progressing. I am focusing only on that.”

Erik you have said the aim is the Champions League and you're getting closer to that now. Do you feel this team and squad is ready for the Champions League because you obviously beat Barcelona who are La Liga leaders, then you went out to Sevilla. Do you feel the squad you have now is capable of competing in the Champions League next season?
“Yeah, I think so. But of course, I and we see this as a project. In the project also it belongs that in [transfer] windows you strengthen your squad. Or to make refreshments so that you can get more balance, that you bring more players in but I think we have already shown and proved that we can beat the best teams in the world. So yeah we can compete in the Champions League but at the end of the day we also want to still be in the Champions League in the winter. We want to compete and knock them all out. But still we have a long way to go.”

Just on Lisandro Martinez, is there any chance now he has had his surgery and is into his rehab that he is ready for the FA Cup final or is that ruled out completely?
“Completely no chance.”

In this sort of modern era of football you have directors of football at clubs, but do you think, actually, at any successful football club, the manager has to be the football person, therefore you get that power of authority through winning and building squads? So in the end, the manager is like what Ferguson was here or like Guardiola is at City, he becomes not only the manager but the chief scout, the director of football and in the end it is all about the manager still?
“I don't know if that is true because look at Txiki Begiristain [at Manchester City]. You cannot underestimate the role of what he has done.”

I am not underestimating it, but my question is do you think the manager has to be by definition, the most important football person at the club because that person lives or dies by results?
“Definitely. This is true that the manager, you have to back the manager, to believe in his strategies and his methods. So you have to back him to go and build his squad. At the end of the day, it is always about co-operation, no one can do it on their own. I don't believe that one person can do it, because there are so many jobs and tasks to do. There are so many aspects you have to take control of, you have to appoint and I don't think one person can do it and it always about co-operation. Then it is about quality that makes a strategy and you need more people and people to do it with togetherness. You can see that in reflection to the football and on the pitch because 11 players have to do it with togetherness.”

Hi Erik. Just another question on the whole takeover thing. I appreciate you have no power over what happens next, but are you confident or have you been told that you will have the funds to do what you want this summer, irrespective of how it goes and who takes over?
“No I don't have. I don't have influence on that also, I don't know. So the only thing that I know is that Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs and it is among two to three of the biggest clubs in the world from a fanbase perspective. I think this club has to compete for the highest [honours] in the world: Champions League and Premier League. But for that, you need funds, to construct squads because, at the end of the day, the levels from your players dictate whether you are a success or not.”

But when the whole thing started, you say that any takeover would mean more money for you. I was just wondering as this thing has been drawn out over time, whether or not you have been given certain reassurances that whatever happens from May of course, that you will have the funds that you thought you were going to have?
“Again, everyone knows you need funds to construct a squad and high-level players, they cost a lot of money. That is nowadays the situation in top-level football.”

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Ten Hag's interviews are terribly boring compared to Rangnick's. Miss those times.
It's not his fault they ask him a load of stuff about the potential takeover, over which he has no influence and he's repeatedly told the thick cnut journalists that he has nothing to do with it.

We want to know team news, you thick fecking useless cnuts.

krazyrobus

3 takeover questions out of 10, these people are fecking idiots. How about an injury update. How is Garnacho training.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It would be nice if journalists actually cared about the football. Or at least, I think you'd get a real and interesting conversation out of Ten Hag if you asked him proper questions about tactical decisions and consequences.

croadyman

It would be nice if journalists actually cared about the football. Or at least, I think you'd get a real and interesting conversation out of Ten Hag if you asked him proper questions about tactical decisions and consequences.
Sooner this takeover gets sorted we might actually get some proper questions again

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sooner this takeover gets sorted we might actually get some proper questions again
I doubt it: proper analytical pieces don't attract that many readers. Instead, he'll be asked more about injured players, possible squad controversies (in the fall, it's was all Ronaldo all the time), potential fights with other teams, and whatever gossipy stuff they can come up with (and invent).

top1whoisman

Scout
Is it going to be hard picking players up after the manner of that defeat and the tight turnaround between games?
“Every time this season when we have had a defeat, we bounce back. So, I count on my players and my team to do it again. So, there is no time to stay in this [mood]. We go to the game against West Ham United, and we will all focus on that. We will prepare them, we make a good plan. The players have to take responsibility and they will do, I count on that. They have to do it and they can do it, because we have the evidence this season that every time we had a disappointment, they bounce back.”

Will it be the same squad or is there a chance of some players coming back?
“No. I think it will be the same squad. Maybe one player: [Alejandro] Garnacho, I have to see. Maybe he can be involved but we will have to see how the progress can go.”

How comfortable do you feel about getting top four? You have that gap with Liverpool, but with them winning in the week and the result today, how do you feel about your top-four chances?
“I think we have had quite a good run so far. In our last five, we had four wins and a draw. We have everything in our hands. So, we have to focus on our performance. I trust my players, so I am quite convinced about it, yeah.”

Antony seemed to be the focus of a lot of attention against Brighton. How do you channel his passion to be proactive on the field? He is a very passionate man, how do you keep him focused?
“I think his passion is a strength. Of course, there is a certain level. You have to control it. You need passion and desire to win your games and to win battles in the game. I think this is very strong with him, he is very ambitious. So, as I say, don’t go over the top. Stay focused on your game and what the game needs. If he does that, he is a great player.”

Is he focused at the moment?
“Yes, I think his performance, his improvement, it is quite obvious and clear.”

West Ham have conceded nine in three and are clearly having defensive issues at the moment, up against David Moyes, a very experienced manager. How can you exploit them defensively and what is it like coming up against someone so experienced in the Premier League who can change things because he has that knowledge?
“It is an experienced and fantastic manager. So long already in the Premier League. I am looking forward [to it]. We faced them this season twice, because also we faced them in the FA Cup and it’s going to be another great game. Every game is a battle, every game is a challenge. We have to get ready for that game.”

How important is it for Man United to be in the Champions League and to have Champions League football next season? Is it vital?
“Manchester United, of course, we need to be there, in the Champions League. We want to be there because we want to challenge with the best teams in the world. So we do everything that’s in our power to get that done.”

People are looking at the takeover and the uncertainty: is Champions League football vital for your summer?
“I think it is always vital. We have to be in the Champions League and it is a battle because in the Premier League, many clubs are competing for it. We have the power and we have to fight for it as well. But we want to be there and will do everything to get there.”

IRN-BRUno

Wolves press conference:

Mixed news on the injury front
"Rapha [Varane] is back, but we have doubts over Marcus [Rashford]. We are doubtful, more than doubtful. There is a big question mark over him."
On a free midweek
"We needed it. We got some energy back. I saw a lot of energy and joy on the pitch. We have been able to work on some details."
Any nerves among the players?
"No. We are convinced by what we are doing. We have had a lot of success, winning a lot of games. Instructions are clear but we have to execute them. When we do that we are successful."
Ten Hag on De Gea's response to West Ham error
"He has been good. We cannot ignore it, but individual mistakes are part of football. It happens. That is part of it and part of the reset from this week."
Ten Hag on United's impressive home form
"We believe in the way that we work, the way that we play, and the togetherness with the fans is strong."
Ten Hag on if Amad has a future at United
"Yes, of course, we loan such players to make development and progress to bring them back, that is the aim of the loan. They are really strong, we mentor them, we follow them, we have communication over the season, especially Darren Fletcher, who invests a lot in such a process. The aim is to bring them back as a better player with experience."
Ten Hag on Garnacho's availability
"He has had one more week worth of training, so he is available. We have seen he can bring something extra in the team."
Ten Hag on the threat of Liverpool behind
"It's clear, we know that, but it's not important because we have everything in our hands. We must bring our performance, then it's not important. What is important is the opponent we face tomorrow: Wolves. We have to take them seriously. They have done a great job, focus on that but they also have deficits, take advantage of that."

top1whoisman

Scout
First of all, on the injury front with Marcus [Rashford], Rapha Varane and Scott McTominay, are they available this weekend?
"It's positive on Varane, [he’s] definitely available. Scott, [he’s] joining in training, I think if the final training [session] goes well, he'll be in. Also, Rashy, he trained the whole week but today he reported he doesn't feel well, so he's ill. We have to see how he recovers during the day and then see tomorrow."

Obviously, Manchester City reached the Champions League final this week with a fantastic performance that I'm guessing kind of sets the standard that you have to match as a whole... how does that affect the group that you need, the players that you need and then the ability to go out and spend in the transfer market? How do you look at that when you see the level you've got to reach?
"When you see this project, it's first of all important to get into the Champions League. I don't think today of that standard, I look to the next game and that's Bournemouth. We have to win that to get in the Champions League, we have everything in our hands. So, we focus on the game and the games coming up, the first game is the most important.”

Have you had conversations with Richard Arnold and John Murtough about what is going to be available to you?
"We are talking every day."

Erik, as far as Bournemouth is concerned, how impressed have you been as far as the turnaround that they've had after flirting with relegation and now finding themselves in a really good position?
"I think, as far as I can see, it's really brilliant that a club like Bournemouth [have been] that long in the Premier League [over the years] and now already, before the end of the season, they are definitely safe for next season in the Premier League as well. So, I think it's a massive performance from them, it's a good team, it's a really good structure in that team, you can see clear patterns. So, well done."

How much of a threat do they represent to you? Obviously, you have that game in hand as far as qualification for fourth is concerned, but you have to make sure everyone is fully ready, you can't take anything for granted at this stage...
"You tell it right! So, I don't have to [say anything], you already reply [with] your own answer!"

Erik, obviously we heard the news about Phil Jones today. You haven't been able to see him on the pitch but...
"Yes, [I have for] 20 minutes [in the] first training [session] of the year! But, I think he has [had] a great career, what he achieved, winning the Premier League, winning the FA Cup, winning the Europa League, being present at two World Cups, a massive career at Man United. So, all the credit for his career."

And just on Marcel Sabitzer as well, obviously he won't be available to you for the rest of the season, but is he somebody you could potentially look to keep here on another loan or a permanent deal?
"We will see, but it's not our main focus, our main focus is Bournemouth."