- Sep 19, 2012
Latest Paper Talk
Wednesday April 27
Wednesday April 27
- Bayern Munich want Alexis Sanchez, with the German side plotting a summer transfer swoop for the Arsenal star.
- Chelsea have been given a boost in their pursuit of Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci after he refused to commit his future to the newly-crowned Italian champions.
- Tottenham are preparing a £20m offer for versatile Lyon central defender Samuel Umtiti.
- Nigel Pearson has held a second round of talks about taking charge of relegated Aston Villa.
- Arsenal are planning to steal Chelsea wonderkid Dominic Solanke, with the England Under-21 star demanding a bumper contract.
- Jack Sealy used to earn £20 a week playing for Bristol Manor Farm in the Western Football League, but now he's set to pocket £10,000 a week as the only Englishman in the Chinese Super League.
- Paris St Germain boss Laurent Blanc made a secret trip to Old Trafford recently, amid reports the former United defender is being considered as a replacement to under-fire Louis van Gaal.
- John Stones made a shock visit to watch Manchester City last night as £45m switch moves closer.
- Manuel Pellegrini is a prime candidate to be the next Everton manager.
- Jorge Sampaoli is claiming he met with Roman Abramovich about becoming Chelsea boss before they appointed Antonio Conte.
- Juventus centre-back Leonardo Bonucci will have to hand in a transfer request to force a move to Chelsea.
- Manchester United are ready to offer Memphis Depay to Southampton to lure long-term target Sadio Mane to Old Trafford.
- Antonio Conte is closing in on his first Chelsea signing, with a £31m bid set to seal deal for Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan.
- Tottenham are set to battle it out with Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona for Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti.
- Kasabian guitarist Serge Pizzorno wants to take his creative skills from the music world to the fashion industry by designing his 'dream kit' for his beloved Leicester City.
- Aston Villa are set for a second round of talks with Nigel Pearson as the crisis club continues its search for their next manager.
- Damien Comolli, who left Liverpool in 2012, is being lined up for a return to English football with Aston Villa. He is wanted as the technical director by a Chinese consortium bidding to buy the relegated Premier League club from Randy Lerner.
- Phil Jones's miserable season at Manchester United has worsened with the England defender struggling to convince Louis van Gaal that he deserves a return to the first team.
- Mamadou Sakho will respond to UEFA's investigation into his failed drug test on Tuesday when the Liverpool defender has to decide whether to have his B sample analysed.