Prime Hazard or Prime Salah?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What is there to laugh bro. Messi destroyed your team in semi finals of 2010/11. Those crucial moments matter. You guys had proved that if a correct plan is executed perfectly you could stop the Barcelona phenomenal team in the Copa final. Without Messi's goal and assist, which was pure individual magic, Barcelona would have found it difficult. Same with Cristiano and his relentless competitive edge and crucial goals, Madrid wouldn't have won the four UCL you guys won.
Yeah, they sure proved they don't need anyone to lose to Ajax, OL or Porto, or to lose 3-0 to Roma, 4-0 to liverpool wo Salah, 8-2 to Bayern or 1-4 to PSG... :nervous:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
This is a joke, right?

Hazard:
8 major trophies (Ligue 1, Coupe de France, 2 X PL, 2 X EL, FA Cup, EFL Cup). (Not counting the La Liga title)
2 X Ligue 1 young POTY, 1 X PL POTY, 1 X EL best player, WC Silver ball

Salah:
4 major Trophies (2 X Swiss SL, PL, CL)
1 X SSL POTY, 1 X POTY, 2 X PL Golden Boot
Salah has the big one. The CL which Hazard never made a dent at.
Salah has 32 goals in the CL for Liverpool, Hazard has 9 all his career
Salah 2 times top scorer in the PL, Most goals a single PL season.

The current Salah (if this is prime Salah) is likely to be top scorer in the PL, POTY of the year and top 5 Balon dor which is >>> than any version of Hazard

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Hazard used to win Chelsea the league by himself in his good seasons, easily 3rd best player in the world at the time for me. Unfortunately he always seemed to do his one good season, one bad season thing but if we're talking his good seasons I have him a cut above Salah.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ofcourse they need teammates, but they have achieved things where they were independent and inseperable with, which Salah hasn't been.
What? Messi has literally never won a CL without either the spine of one of the greatest national sides ever behind him, or 2 of the 4 best players on earth next to him. Look at the teammates of Cristiano in Manchester and Madrid. They were the focal attacking points of two of the greatest sides ever. Teams that played for them. And of course they are also the 2 best players of the last 30 years. But look at how much they won when they didn't have those kind of teams behind them, what did they win? Feck all is what

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Salah has the big one. The CL which Hazard never made a dent at.
Salah has 32 goals in the CL for Liverpool, Hazard has 9 all his career
Salah 2 times top scorer in the PL, Most goals a single PL season.

The current Salah (if this is prime Salah) is likely to be top scorer in the PL, POTY of the year and top 5 Balon dor which is >>> than any version of Hazard
Bit harsh to judge individual players on team achievements.
Hazard last season at Chelsea he got voted the second best player at the world cup. He then followed that by doing something no player has done in the premier league since Thierry Henry, 16 goals and 15 assists. That was also the most goal involvements in the league.
He also got most man of the matches, most chances created, most big chances created, most take ons and statistically the best dribbler in Europe beating Messi and Neymar in a tougher league. His dribbling success rate that season was like in the 80% which is insane. He did this playing with Barkley, Morata, Giroud, Higuain, Pedro and Willian. Hazard does alot more work outside of the penalty area than Salah.

And the narrative is that Hazard is inconsistent, what a load of nonsense. Hazard won pfa young player of the year, should off had 2 pfa awards arguably three.

Didn't Klopp describe Hazard performance as "wow" in a game where Hazard didn't score or assist but Salah did score and did little else. And then there is people like you who judge a performance purely on goals.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You're probably trying to make some kind of point there but all i see is Messi 222 and holy llama that is not real :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: that's like more than half the games he's played ffs

Righteous Steps

Hazard is being underrated, but Salah has a very well rounded game also, in terms of passing he is probably even better than Hazard, he has 9 assists this season and behind De Bruyne TAA and Bruno I would guess he has been the most creative players in the league over the last two years(but I haven’t checked), overall if he keeps this up he will have another Ballon d’or type season and he will probably get it in the end if Liverpool can win the CL.

His 1st season and this season look to be above anything Hazard has produced in this league, in the end I think he is running a different race, historically if Salah has 2-3 seasons more at this level we’re comparing him with a whole level of player, I’m thinking more along the lines of Figo Zidane etc... Hazard was supposed to be on that level and for me even slightly beyond but it hasn’t materialised, In the end he will behind Neymar and Salah has the greatest player of his era and age group.

Saying that I also think people underrate how much Hazard was carrying Chelsea even away from the stats, particularly in the Mourinho season where the tactic a lot of the times seemed to be pass to Hazard and let him carry the ball 40-60 yards, he either wins a free kick in a dangerous area and Chelsea who were dominant in the air at the time get a chance to utilise their aerial dominance, or he plays the pass before the assist, gets the assist himself or even finishes it expertly with both feet as well. He was Incredible, the problem is he hasn't kept that consistency up and really gone past that level, which Salah has.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Hazard reminds me of Figo a bit. He's not explosive, the goals and assists might not stand out. But the influence on the game is very high.

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah this idea that Hazard was wildly inconsistent needs to die.
The problem with Hazard was that he was more often than not the best player on the pitch without even scoring or assisting. The casual observer flicking through the results would see that and think he had an average game. The inconsistent tag probably comes through that and also the one season under Mourinho where everyone imploded.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard used to win Chelsea the league by himself in his good seasons, easily 3rd best player in the world at the time for me. Unfortunately he always seemed to do his one good season, one bad season thing but if we're talking his good seasons I have him a cut above Salah.
That simply wasn't true. He had one bad season when he was playing through injury but that was it.

chisnall_red

Supports
Citeh
Salah when he’s not scoring is meh. Take his (admittedly) worldly goals away and suddenly you’ve a very droppable player. Greedy as well.
Hazard so much better an all round player

Righteous Steps

Salah when he’s not scoring is meh. Take his (admittedly) worldly goals away and suddenly you’ve a very droppable player. Greedy as well.
Salah when not scoring still creates chances with his passing. Hazard is the better all round player but not by a great margin, the same difference between their dribbling in Hazards favour is the same difference between their passing in Salahs favour, Salah works harder and is more deadly in the final third, Hazard doesn’t work as hard but it’s more influential in the middle third.

BarstoolProphet

But why would you remove the most important quality in football? It's like saying prime Ronaldo was meh without the goals. Hazard was a wonderful player to watch, but would take Salah any day of the week.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
When hazard isn't creating chances he's not all that.

Am I doing right?

Ladron de redcafe

Am I doing right?
Hazard, Iniesta, Zidane might not have the same end product or productivity that players like Salah do, but it it's irrelevant when we are discussing impact. Hazard at his best had as much of an impact on matches than almost anybody in the same league.

Ladron de redcafe

[
One of those is not like the others
I don't think Hazard in their class, either. But the point I was trying to make was that this type of players don't necessarily stand out statistically and that doesn't make them anything less than world class because of their overall play.

El-Manos

I would take Salah since you don’t win football matches unless you score goals(Michael Owen in action). Hazard was technically more gifted though, a joy to watch; the ball is just glued to his feet.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Am I doing right?
Well when Salah isn't being Salah he isn't really Salah, so Hazard wins :D

Seriously though, I'm actually pretty sick of this debate. It gets brought up every couple of months and we go through the same points over and over. Some people prefer Hazard's dominating style. Some people prefer Salah's lethal goal scoring. One side downplays the other's importance and round and round we go.

Moby

Dick
[
I don't think Hazard in their class, either. But the point I was trying to make was that this type of players don't necessarily stand out statistically and that doesn't make them anything less than world class because of their overall play.
I don't think anyone is against Hazard for his lack of stats. The biggest drawback for him is not being able to convert his performances at the biggest stage - especially the CL where Salah has already proven himself. Even for Belgium De Bruyne overshadowed him when Hazard was at his peak while KDB was still entering his. I've watched Hazard play from the front row, there's no doubt in his talent but when it comes to these two I trust Salah far more on the bigger stage.

Ladron de redcafe

I don't think anyone is against Hazard for his lack of stats. The biggest drawback for him is not being able to convert his performances at the biggest stage - especially the CL where Salah has already proven himself. Even for Belgium De Bruyne overshadowed him when Hazard was at his peak while KDB was still entering his. I've watched Hazard play from the front row, there's no doubt in his talent but when it comes to these two I trust Salah far more on the bigger stage.
I think that's somewhat fair, although there are a lot of examples of top players' dominance not translating in the international game (or conversely, players like Klose). I agree that he never set the world ablaze with Belgium and if that's what separates the two, then I understand people picking Salah.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yes the UCL is a black mark against him but he's done it on all the other big stages, including single handedly dragging us over the line for the 2015 title.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
What makes you think KDB is better for Belgium than Hazard?.
Hazard got voted by Belgium supporters player of the year in 2017, 2018 & 2019 ahead of KDB.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Take away Salah's scoring this season in the EPL, he is still the top assist giver already. Midway into season according to transfermarkt 11 assists, Hazard only surpassed that in one season in his entire EPL career

Trex

I'll take Salah over prime hazard, goals win games and that's what I'll want from my star forward.

TsuWave

Feel like Hazard’s reputation is bigger than what he actually was/produced as a player

Threesus

This is like the Walmart version of Messi vs Ronaldo debate. Even though I like hazards play style, you have to say salah offers more. Moreover hazard has been washed up for quite a while now.

Imagine a Chelsea side with salah, hazard and de bruyne behind them. Would have been quite a sight to watch.

Himannv

Feel like Hazard’s reputation is bigger than what he actually was/produced as a player
This thread is about him at his absolute peak and not his career as a whole though. So you're excluding the fat version and the version that took a season off, etc. Peak Hazard was the best player in the PL and could win games on his own.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Feels like Hazard's 18/19 season was a peek into what he could have been on more attacking/talented teams than Mou's/Conte's Chelsea...that season he was a monster, and coming off a rather impressive world cup too. Alas, we signed him and his body promptly broke down...

Anyways, i prefer Salah but it really comes down to personal preference

norm87cro

Thats a good one. Hazard has a little more flair (but you know Salah can beat a man as well) Id still pick Salah because he is more effective and he is an obvious professional who has spent hours in the gym and the training pitch perfecting his craft while Hazard has had a lot of attitude issues on and off the pitch.
Salah would have definetly be a fan favorite here but since this is not Serie A and the amount of players that have played for us and Liverpool after the WW2 is very few (Ince, Owen and two more I think? Older fans help me) the Salah talk is just pure fantasy talk.
Hazard is done but Salah isnt done IMO. The fact Liverpool are not playing that well doesnt mean he cannot play fantastic for them or prehaps Barca in the future.I think he has more left in the tank.
On a personal note Salahs only crime in my eyes is the club he plays for and that is purley subjective and doesnt have much to do in the way he conducts himself (as a player and human beign). Much more a man than Hazard thats for sure.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
This is like the Walmart version of Messi vs Ronaldo debate. Even though I like hazards play style, you have to say salah offers more. Moreover hazard has been washed up for quite a while now.
It's true Hazard has been washed up since his move to Real Madrid while Salah is still playing at the top of his game but the flip side to that is we also have to remember Hazard's peak started much, much earlier.

The first time Salah became relevant in the elite level discussion was 2017 when Hazard had already been delivering the goods for many years prior. Hazard started his career like a house on fire and faded away at a relatively early age while Salah on the other hand was a bit of a late bloomer who only really clicked after turning 25 and still has plenty of gas in the tank now at 30. Before moving to Liverpool he was only really considered a decent top5 league player but not a top class one.