Pro Cycling 2020 **Giro d'Italia 2020 **

NM

With Pinot gone, Thomas or Bernal will win this at a canter. Expect Ineos to ensure Thomas wins unless Bernal ignores team orders

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Caruso is a much bigger threat than Wellens.
Yeah obviously now that he's in the breakaway :D Wellens is not as good a climber as him and Bardet (just not a good climber in general, actually) and now he's not upfront, it's game over for him.

Really fecking feel for Pinot though, there's talk of a muscle tear. Sucks :(

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently sustained the injury in yesterday's stage. I wonder if that's the reason he didn't attack on the Galibier, just imagine what he could've done if he didn't have any troubles. Sadly though that's pretty much been the story of his career so far.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
This is it, will definitely be too much to make up for Alaphilippe even if he does an incredible descend.

Can't see past Bernal in yellow tonight who's simply the best climber right now.

EDIT: or not, seems to stagnate right now. Jumbo-Visma making it easy for Thomas now ffs.

vangagal

This is it, will definitely be too much to make up for Alaphilippe even if he does an incredible descend.

Can't see past Bernal in yellow tonight who's simply the best climber right now.

EDIT: or not, seems to stagnate right now. Jumbo-Visma making it easy for Thomas now ffs.
They need Kruijswijk in podium too seeing Alaphilippe vurnerable now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Heavy snow/hail towards the bottom of the descend apparently. This could get ugly.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
This is too fecking dangerous. I really hope they neutralize something or at least that the team leaders tell them not to take risks.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Bernal gets the win being first to the top I guess.

Kinda fair, but also unfair.

Should properly cancel it, delete everything. :cool:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Neutralized with the times at Iserand

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
French were quick enough to take the times on top of the Iseran, wonder if it would've been that quick if the yellow jersey wasn't French.

Correct decision though, would've been life endangering if they just let this happen.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Think race will restart after they get past the dangerous stretch with times frozen at iserand

Kind of a bummer really

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Surely there's a section in the rules where this kind of event is accounted for? Or at least, that should be the case imo.

Any side that doesn't benefit from this will complain otherwise.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
French were quick enough to take the times on top of the Iseran, wonder if it would've been that quick if the yellow jersey wasn't French.

Correct decision though, would've been life endangering if they just let this happen.
You realize Bernal was already virtual yellow jersey at iserand?

Race over. Bernal yellow jersey. More than 40" lead

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You realize Bernal was already virtual yellow jersey at iserand?

Race over. Bernal yellow jersey. More than 40" lead
Yes, but Alaphillipe would've been gone from the top 3 if they let the race continue.

ctp

He started recovering seconds (7+ at least I think), and already caught some in front of him.
I think he would have lost more on the final climb than he could make up on the descent.

vangagal

Even if Alaphilippe survive this one, no chance he survive queen stage tomorrow. Bernal was the latest one to attacked Ala but he is the strongest now.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Continue to go where? Have you seen the images of the road?
I'm not saying it was not the correct decision, it just benefits Alaphilippe.

It's not an unnatural reaction to have if you consider the history the Tour has with its French riders.

He started recovering seconds (7+ at least I think), and already caught some in front of him.
He would've lost at least another few minutes on the climb to Tignes.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
First full day's racing I've see this Tour. What a good day to be a spectator :lol:

Think race will restart after they get past the dangerous stretch with times frozen at iserand

Kind of a bummer really
The ITV (British TV) commentary team are listening to the race radio communications. They said the announcement went from neutralised (freeze the time and restart) to stop the stage (with the times set). So they think the riders are just riding to join their teams at the next safe halt.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Really should have made the decision sooner though. Let the riders know in advance the race would end at Iserand