Pro Cycling 2020 **Giro d'Italia 2020 **

NM

We will see. Regardless, you're looking at an absolute champion who's got 10+ years of WC cycling ahead of him. Scary.
Mehh. We all thought that about Quintana. There are too many 1 race wonders right now. He's an aggressive racer so I like him, but I dunno if he is the next world beater just yet.

vangagal

We will see. Regardless, you're looking at an absolute champion who's got 10+ years of WC cycling ahead of him. Scary.
He signed a new 5 years contract just last year. Almost matching Froome's and G's number. Many want him no doubt but he is on perfect team for him to be multiple GC's winner tbh.

Suedesi

Mehh. We all thought that about Quintana. There are too many 1 race wonders right now. He's an aggressive racer so I like him, but I dunno if he is the next world beater just yet.
Think he is on a different level to Quintana. Next year's Tour will be fascinating when you bring back Froome, Dumoulin etc. Also Bernal, Thomas and Froome on the same team is not going to work, they can't all race TDF.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I hope Bernal goes to another team next season. Can't stand Sky/Ineos and their tainted victories under Wiggins/Froome.
And why would he do that. If he has real ambition he will stay where he is riding for the best team.

Suedesi

And why would he do that. If he has real ambition he will stay where he is riding for the best team.
Well because you have a team with Bernal, Froome and Thomas, all GC winners. Can they all race to win TDF? I'm genuinely asking.

As an aside, I don't get the format of the polka dot jersey. Egan Bernal is the best climber he dropped Bardet like a hot pan. Even domestiques were dropping Bardet ffs.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Well because you have a team with Bernal, Froome and Thomas, all GC winners. Can they all race to win TDF? I'm genuinely asking.

As an aside, I don't get the format of the polka dot jersey. Egan Bernal is the best climber he dropped Bardet like a hot pan. Even domestiques were dropping Bardet ffs.
Chris Froome is by no means a definite to return following his awful injury. It is going to be extremely difficult for him to get back to where he was.

RedFish

Think he is on a different level to Quintana. Next year's Tour will be fascinating when you bring back Froome, Dumoulin etc. Also Bernal, Thomas and Froome on the same team is not going to work, they can't all race TDF.
It will not have escaped your attention that half of Team Ineos' train was not functioning the way it should. Viviani passing Kwiatkowski today early on is just one example.

Lucky for Ineos, Poels , Van Baarle and Castroviejo did enough between them but like in the Giro where Movistar outrode Ineos, Jumbo Visma provided better support for their GC guy, Kruijswick.

In the wings waiting to board the Ineos train are Sisakov, TGH, Ellisonde, along with the evergreen Kiryienka. Ineos will likely be much stronger in next year's tour in my humble opinion.

Red Stone

It's not the "Best Climber" jersey, it's the "King of the Mountains" jersey. It's about getting to the top of the climbs before everyone else.

RedFish

Chris Froome is by no means a definite to return following his awful injury. It is going to be extremely difficult for him to get back to where he was.
Agreed, I'd probably scratch off next year completely as far as competitive racing goes but you never know...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Doesn't the best climber get to the top first? Kinda confused.
Not necessarily. It's the same logic than the green jersey, neither are about the best sprinter or best climber it's more about regularity. Some of the best climbers or riders aren't high in those rankings because they are working to protect or launch a leader.

AllezLesDiables

To be fair Bardet was shit in the TDF plus a few mountains were neutralized.

They do need to revamp the KOM. Sagan was extremely consistent, Bardet was not.

ctp

To be fair Bardet was shit in the TDF plus a few mountains were neutralized.

They do need to revamp the KOM. Sagan was extremely consistent, Bardet was not.
I think giving points for ascent times could work. Or maybe split it and give points for both.

Then again, the actual best climber will probably end up in the yellow jersey anyway (if he's not a bad time trialist).

Last edited:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Drinking and driving, same old same old from Sky.

Is Di Mar...Bernal even old enough to drink?

EDIT: 22 years. So, not in Brunei!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Bernal is likeable, so the sooner he fecks off from Ineos the better but can't see it happening. Great bit of business by Brailsford getting him on the cheap so early.

Just imagine the Tour in a few years... Bernal, Evenepoel, Mas, Van der Poel, Gaudu, Hirschi, ... A man can dream :drool:

F-Red

Bernal is likeable, so the sooner he fecks off from Ineos the better but can't see it happening. Great bit of business by Brailsford getting him on the cheap so early.
He's on a five year deal, he's not going anywhere in the short term.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
And Van Avermaet was 2nd.
How can these guys keep going? The TDF is so grueling yet here they are less than a week later. Amazing.

Ramos

Imagine being captain of your u16 national football team and then go on to win the Clasica de San Sebastian at only 19 years old.

This guy is very special.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Bjorg Lambrecht has passed away following an incident in the Tour of Poland today.

Fecking hell, even writing that hurts. Devastated.

Last edited:

RedFish

Sorry to hear about Lambrecht's death. Just a youngster with his life in front of him.

It'll be hard to race on. I don't know what the organisers are planning.

onemanarmy

I'm devastated about Bjorg. Fantastic talent, genuine good guy, very down to earth. Such a loss for cycling. Can't believe how his family, friends and team must feel.

Ainu

Jesus this is depressing. Such a tragic loss of a promising life (and promising career, but that almost feels irrelevant). It feels like, ever since Wouter Weylandt in 2011, we've lost way too many riders. :(

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Chilling views and images from that stage today. Fecking heart breaking :(

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Evenepoel has just become European champion TT against grown men like Küng, Van Emden, Asgreen, Dowsett, Lampaert, ...

You just can't pathom this anymore :lol: Absolutely insane.