Pro Cycling 2020 **Giro d'Italia 2020 **

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Maybe it's because I'm french but I find Alaphillipe impressive, he isn't in his element and still following the best climbers.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't really know what to think now, Alaphillipe could be more than a classic rider. Now the funny thing is that Quickstep didn't seem to believe that it was the case.

Bobski

I don't know if it has been mentioned up thread already, but just noticed that the SkySports website is not covering the Tour. That is a bit pathetic really.

JPRouve

Scout
He could lose 10 mins tomorrow for all his efforts last 2 days. Here's hoping! :)
I'm not talking about this year. He has made efforts during the first weeks that an actual leader shouldn't do but I'm wondering if he could have other ambitions with a different team. This year he is going to break in the near future.

vangagal

I'm not talking about this year. He has made efforts during the first weeks that an actual leader shouldn't do but I'm wondering if he could have other ambitions with a different team. This year he is going to break in the near future.
Isnt he just extending his contract this year with QS?

JPRouve

Scout
Isnt he just extending his contract this year with QS?
Yeah, I think that he is extending. And they are about classics and sprints which is great but we may never know how far Alaphillipe can go.

vangagal

Yeah, I think that he is extending. And they are about classics and sprints which is great but we may never know how far Alaphillipe can go.
Well, if he wants to be a GC rider he needs to cut out some of classic for sure and change his program. Who know how it will pan out in the future.

Red Stone

This is a fantastic race when Skyneos can't turn it into a procession. I can't even remember the last time the race was this exciting almost two weeks into it, although that's mostly because I couldn't follow Tour de Norvége in 2011 due to studies and holidays that summer. From what I've heard that edition was pretty tasty.

RedFish

This is a fantastic race when Skyneos can't turn it into a procession. I can't even remember the last time the race was this exciting almost two weeks into it, although that's mostly because I couldn't follow Tour de Norvége in 2011 due to studies and holidays that summer. From what I've heard that edition was pretty tasty.
It is a fantastic race this year. Route is beautifully varied unlike the Giro that's just gone before it.

It helps that Ineos' suoer-doms aren't firing on all cylinders (yet) and despite this Thomas and Bernal are well positioned going into the last week.

The rider who triumphs will do so because if the support he will receive. Ineos today were not able to exert full control with JV and Movistae being particularly strong.

A special mention to Alaphilippe, who can absolutely win this tour. What a rider. He's got it all. Can't wait to see it all unfold.

Oh and Bradley Wiggins on the scooter!:lol:

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Great your for the French so far! Awful lot of 1s and HCs remain. Would be great if decided on the day before Paris but I'm not convinced Thomas has the legs to fight back.

ctp

I'm not taking too much risk, so I would say Pinot, Landa or Thomas.
Landa is probably too far back. I think everyone between 2nd and 6th has a shot, with Pinot looking the strongest. Alaphilippe won't make it.

JPRouve

Scout
Landa is probably too far back. I think everyone between 2nd and 6th has a shot, with Pinot looking the strongest. Alaphilippe won't make it.
In my opinion Alaphillipe is losing it at Valloire but with him there is always the risk that he gains time in stage 17.

ctp

In my opinion Alaphillipe is losing it at Valloire but with him there is always the risk that he gains time in stage 17.
If he wasn't a GC contender I'd agree, but I don't think the others will allow that.

vangagal

If he attack at stage 17, the risk is even greater with cracking in 3 straight mountain stages. He will play smart by staying with G all the way.

JPRouve

Scout
If he attack at stage 17, the risk is even greater with cracking in 3 straight mountain stages. He will play smart by staying with G all the way.
He is done at Valloire, if he doesn't try to gain time before stage 18, he is guaranteed to be done.