Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PES 2014)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's easily a better game IMO. But from what have heard, the online experience isn't great. But I don't really play online.
I find it really hard to believe considering what the PES people in this thread are saying. Easily beating every game in the hardest mode. Sounds like great fun.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This was my big issue. I really enjoyed the gameplay but it was just too easy. I was pissing every game with shit players on the highest difficulty. I sold it within about 2 weeks of buying it.
What's dumb is that if you start a Master League with the actual United team, it's about 10 times more difficult. Something has screwed up there. It's the way it swings so drastically. I beat Arsenal 2-0 away whilst deliberately pissing about due to how easy it was, then I got beaten 3-0 at home by Crystal Palace and managed about 1 shot in the entire game. It wasn't that the second game felt like it was scripted for me to lose, rather that the first was scripted to make sure I win.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I find it really hard to believe considering what the PES people in this thread are saying. Easily beating every game in the hardest mode. Sounds like great fun.
I'm not finding it too easy so yeah, great fun.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Fair enough. People tend to overreact about games when they are pissed off.
Or he's just not very good? :smirk:

I really like the game. It's not coming from anger. But the fact it wasnso easy meant I had to lose over a tenner and sell it.

Spoony

The People's President
I've had a couple of goes on this, what strikes me is that FIFA is easier to play. Am I wrong? And have you lot learnt all the tricks and what not? I'm going to give it a proper bash today.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Can't believe how some people are finding the game "piss easy"? I've played PES since ISS Pro and I'm pretty decent on it (I'm not claiming to be TBPITW ever ever ever etc ;) ) but the game (on super star level) is challenging. It's been like this since last year's edition.

If you had said the previous year's editions were piss easy, I'd have agreed. Not PES 2013 or now, 2014.

Like Noods has said. One match you're strolling around comfortably, the next you really battling hard to beat "easier" oppostion.

Loving the game btw.

Sweet Square

No idea. But there is no way anyone could master the hardest difficulty and find it easy. Far too much AI scripting on those levels for you to have an easy time.
Superstar(the hardest difficulty level) is too natural for me. The last couple of PES games the best difficultly or the one that feels most like real football has been Professional.

Hopefully it will be the same with this year's game.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I've been trying to change the button configuration on my controller to suit how I played years ago and it won't stick.
I want X as short pass and O as long pass. I'll give it a few more tries and then I'm sacking it.

EDIT - Deleted the shite.

Last edited: