Problems between Fernandes and Matic?

SATA

I hate to say it but that scouser is right. Just shut up Bruno and do your own job on the pitch. Matic himself was one of the best players in red yesterday. I don’t like to see this billy big bollocks but do it in the dressing room if you have to or have a quiet ear around your teammate during the game

Okey

Has the Roy Keane era been that long ago that this kind of thing makes news? Nothing to see here...

AR87

I’d agree he’s the most influential player you have alongside Rashford at present, but that’s irrelevant. My point is he’s won a lot less than other players on that team and that will impact on how more experienced colleagues with bigger trophy hauls will view him when he’s bollocking them for supposedly not doing their jobs on the pitch.

Imagine you’re a Pogba with a World Cup to your name. Or a matic nearing the end of your career having won pretty much every trophy at club level. You’d have to be less than human not to be resentful if he starts bollocking you on the pitch.

Whether or not it has an impact on the dressing room cohesion is an entirely different question and dependent on a number of factors, such as whether you continue to win games and whether the manager is strong enough to smooth the ruffled egos. Disagreements won’t matter so long as the team is winning, which is key.
Matic has won nothing with Manchester United and Pogba's last trophy was the Europa League in 2017 at club level. I don't care if they're resentful about it so long as it elicits the proper reaction on the pitch, and so far at United his vocal disagreements with teammates have only had positive impact.

Thank you for your concern though. If there's a teamwide meltdown because Bruno will hold players accountable when they're not doing their jobs I'll remember it was you who realized it first.

RashyForPM

Fernandes does a lot of pointing of fingers and cussing and bawling people out on the pitch and also from what we’re hearing in the dressing room.

All well and good when you’re top dog in a substandard sporting Lisbon side but when you’re telling multiple trophy winners like matic at the end of their careers what to do I can’t imagine it goes down very well.
For crying out loud :lol:

You’d love that wouldn’t you?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’d agree he’s the most influential player you have alongside Rashford at present, but that’s irrelevant. My point is he’s won a lot less than other players on that team and that will impact on how more experienced colleagues with bigger trophy hauls will view him when he’s bollocking them for supposedly not doing their jobs on the pitch.

Imagine you’re a Pogba with a World Cup to your name. Or a matic nearing the end of your career having won pretty much every trophy at club level. You’d have to be less than human not to be resentful if he starts bollocking you on the pitch.

Whether or not it has an impact on the dressing room cohesion is an entirely different question and dependent on a number of factors, such as whether you continue to win games and whether the manager is strong enough to smooth the ruffled egos. Disagreements won’t matter so long as the team is winning, which is key.
Status in a team is surely mostly on character and ability.
You can win trophies by being around a club at the right time.
Look at some of the names that won title under Fergie or some of the chumps who have won the European cup with Liverpool etc.

Your last line is very correct though.

iHicksy

Fernandes does a lot of pointing of fingers and cussing and bawling people out on the pitch and also from what we’re hearing in the dressing room.

All well and good when you’re top dog in a substandard sporting Lisbon side but when you’re telling multiple trophy winners like matic at the end of their careers what to do I can’t imagine it goes down very well.
He's top dog in the United team as well you silly tit. Matic is a squad player who's well past his prime and was being told to do more by the team leader and best player at the club.

el3mel

We don't need an opinion on this from a Liverpool fan.

dev1l

Bruno is the new Keane. He s a different type of player, but the attitude is the same

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hate to say it but that scouser is right. Just shut up Bruno and do your own job on the pitch. Matic himself was one of the best players in red yesterday. I don’t like to see this billy big bollocks but do it in the dressing room if you have to or have a quiet ear around your teammate during the game
Somebody's already started drinking

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bruno can say what he wants when he wants to anyone. He's the only one coming near to the standards Fergie set at this club

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Didn't we ban all Liverpool* members, bar few, on the Caf?

Clash of ethnicity.

Bruno's portugese latino fiery mouth vs Nemanja's balkan feck you i won't do what you tell me.

Just the way we ride in the balkans.
Speak for yourself, if Bruno was shouting at me I would have break down and cried my eyes out. And then kick his ass. Not very hard, we need him.

Falcow

Its rumoured that Bruno, as a bearded man, has a problem with Serbians having a lack of facial hair. A lip reader in the stands has reported that Bruno said 'what's the story Matic, first Vidic and now you, go on, grow a beard, I dare you'.

Worrying if true.

SAFMUTD

Finally, its great to see this. This should come from Maguire to AWB as well, it seems Bruno is the only one with the balls to demand more from kis teammates, he did it to Lindelof last season against Sevilla and now this.

Good to see at least someone is raising the standard.

Mindhunter

:confused:
Are you being serious? This is exactly what we need - players being honest with each other. This whole "be nice" movement has erased the killer instinct we used to have under SAF. If anything, we need to see a bit more aggression on the field. It proves that the players care about the overall result, just not their personal contribution.

I was so ecstatic to see Bruno's reaction to Cavani burying that chance. He was more thrilled than Cavani himself. Also, if I am not wrong, Bruno ran up to the goal post on the second goal and smashed the ball back into the net. That's exactly what we need. I would wrap Bruno in cotton and keep him safe.

Web of Bissaka

:D If your teammates is scolding you, what do you do?

If it's me...
1st level - I'll normally stay quiet first and just gloss this over with because they may have bad days, feeling disappointed with my teammates.
2nd level - then if I'm annoyed, I'll start staring at their eyes creepily with unhealthy thinking of harming them physically.
3rd level - if I'm too pissed and in bad mood, I'll scold them back, get back at them for making shit moves and bad plays.
4th level - swallow everything and all the pride/ego, then proceed to talking afterwards with them and managers/staffs so this things will settle down before escalating to the worst level.
5th level - oh hell, let's go fight this shit out then. Feck this disrespecting toxic pile of clueless bully shit.

Web of Bissaka

Case of Bruno
That said, what Bruno did were fair and I'll accept it.
We are United and it's not like Bruno always scold his teammates every single time. Only situational and sometimes to players who are not doing up to their normal standard. I mean he's no bully. He could easily scold at the young players eg. AWB at that time but he chose to have a go on Lindelof instead, or this time he had a go on Matic, a senior experienced player than other players. So it's really selective. He didn't scold too much at James right? just showing frustrations and sometimes make that gestures like many players do. He's much more "sensitive" in a way he knows which players may can take it and which players may not. It's not at a level like Lukaku always blaming teammates making poor passes each time he miss the ball or blaming them not passing the ball to him for easy poach in... but end up missing.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I couldn’t care less about what people have won outside United. They get paid to do their job for United.

Icemav

Clear yellow card for Matic.

Bruno raising standards. Talisman. Whether justified or not you know that we have leaders in the side now.

Web of Bissaka

Finally, its great to see this. This should come from Maguire to AWB as well, it seems Bruno is the only one with the balls to demand more from kis teammates, he did it to Lindelof last season against Sevilla and now this.

Good to see at least someone is raising the standard.
He seems to only dare scolding Shaw. Haven't seem him scolding the others at all. Doubt he will to be honest. I think he's too nice. The captain armband does put more pressure on him to act as the leader. I hope he won't scold actually, because his performances doesn't justify it.

Bruno on the other hand are performing and helped winning matches literally with goals and key assists, so he has the "justifications" to have a go at teammates for not putting in the necessary performances.

lex talionis

It’s not likely that Bruno and Nemanja have given this incident a moment’s thought after it was over.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What you call a problem others call it profoundly demanding leadership and accountability.

Long may it continue.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Matic is the one that made it into a scene, maybe he should take it on the chin and have a word with him at half time or after? :smirk:

hobbers

This sort of thing should be happening all game, every game. Every time someone doesnt do something perfectly.

Good to have some players with a bit of spine, and who are perfectionists. Makes a nice change from all the blank faces and passive aggressive thumbs up.

jem

Fernandes demanding more from him, Matic telling him not to tell him how to do his job. Something like that.

Fire in their bellies, it’s a good sign.
Agree. That's why I actually liked Lindelof answering back to Bruno. Yes he had fecked up, but I liked the anger.

RUCK4444

This sort of thing should be happening all game, every game. Every time someone doesnt do something perfectly.

Good to have some players with a bit of spine, and who are perfectionists. Makes a nice change from all the blank faces and passive aggressive thumbs up.
This. One thing this team has lacked above everything else these last years has been leadership.

Players who demand more from their teammates, every side we had that was successful had them in it.

In any form of work, substandard performance should be highlighted and corrected, more so on the pitch where you have just 90 mins to get a result.

Give Bruno a megaphone I say, give em verbal son!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I can imagine Fernandes is the sort of player to get on your tits after a while. Obviously, it's a great thing to see from a fan's perspective. But I could understand how some players may have a titful of it sometimes. Obviously nothing to worry about; a bit of something and nothing at the end of the day.

SAFMUTD

He seems to only dare scolding Shaw. Haven't seem him scolding the others at all. Doubt he will to be honest. I think he's too nice. The captain armband does put more pressure on him to act as the leader. I hope he won't scold actually, because his performances doesn't justify it.

Bruno on the other hand are performing and helped winning matches literally with goals and key assists, so he has the "justifications" to have a go at teammates for not putting in the necessary performances.
Thats a key part, in order to demand more from others you yourself must be an example. Obviously Bruno has the autority to do it.

sugar_kane

Fernandes is old school, very rare to see a player of his temperament in this day and age who can also back it up in terms of output.

I even believe the shit he says in interviews, despite my deep set cynicism from years of hearing players say the same old shite the fans want to hear.

The key is that he backs it up and then some, and long may it continue.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Fernandes is the numero uno in the pecking order. Do not be mistaken. He's the boss. He earned it.

Eire Red United

Love to see it. All our players go through stages where they need a kick up the hole. That Roy Keane streak of demanding nothing but the best

Irrational.

I’d much rather a player that leads by example and demands excellence of his teammates like this than the pussyfooting, dick-between-their-legs, gutless cowards that have polluted our teams over the past 5 years.

united for life

Has the Roy Keane era been that long ago that this kind of thing makes news? Nothing to see here...
it has been ages. Haven’t had leaders or passion on the pitch for 7/8 years now.

Agree, nothing to see here