Progression through 2020/21

Jericholyte2

Now I know the dust hasn't even settled to look too far ahead but I'm looking at the table and seeing what we could / should be looking at for next year. Again a lot is dependant on the transfer window that we have - I would expect 3-4 incomings (maybe 5 depending on the number of and funds from deadwood sales) and our squad is still in need of further work than that.

But what do we think we should be aiming for next year? Looking at the table we finished 15pts behind City in 2nd and 33pts behind Liverpool. I think it's completely unrealistic to be catching up that gap in a single transfer window but I don't think that an additional 15pts from this season's tally is too much to ask. Winning vs Palace / West Ham / Bournemouth / Watford / Burnley, who we lost to this season would take us to 81pts.

What are our predictions / expectations for the coming season then? Is 81an acceptable sign of progress or would be be looking at even more aggressive progression?

Perhaps a poll with options such as 70-75 / 76-80 / 81-85 / 86-90 / over 90?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think we should look for the following:

Not drop points at home
Break the 80 point mark
Play on the front foot in bigger matches as well

Web of Bissaka

What are our predictions / expectations for the coming season then?
Players
Maintain good defense record
Get higher goals tally
Dominate more in the games vs "weak" teams
Maintain our good momentum

Ole
Quicker response to tactical changes in games
Better rotations after adding more quality players
Improve more players
Play McT more in the big games

Revan

Assumptionman
Comfortable finish in top 4 (something like 75-80 points at minimum), play like we played after the lockdown (but not in the last few games), sign Sancho and a couple of others and improve our pressing. This would be pretty good.

I don't expect a challenge next season, but it would be great if we can make progress that would put us in track for the season after that.

Squeaky Bumtime

Make an OT a fortress as it once was.
Not drop silly points away especially vs 'smaller clubs'.
Work on fitness.
Blood some more youngsters.
And Ole to be more proactive with his subs.

Not expecting a title challenge but a comfortable top 4 finish without a fuss like this year would be nice. Of course adding 2, 3 quality players is a must.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think City are going to walk the league next season.

If it’s anything like:

1. City : 90-95
2. Liverpool : 80-85
3. United : 75 - 80

I’ll consider it good progress, especially as this team has no real concerns over players passing their peak. Matic the only one who needs replacing within 3 seasons

Eddy_JukeZ

80+ points

Playing on the front foot vs big teams

80 goals in the league

freeurmind

weak willed
First, in terms of expectations, I think realistically we should be aiming to make the Top 4 again and perhaps the CL knockout stages based on the draw we get.
While we have made progress this season, it is still far too soon to talk of challenging for the title. With probably more new arrivals into the squad, patience will be required to allow them to integrate into the team and get used to the playing style. However, in terms of quality, there is no way that there are 4 teams better than us in the league so Top 4 is a must.
I don't think we have the team to challenge for the CL but it is a cup competition so who knows but I would settle for the First Knockout Round.

In terms of the squad, we clearly need improvements to both the first 11 and the rest of the squad. Midfield and the RW should be the priorities imo. We also need to think about shifting back to 4-3-3 because the deeper position in the double pivot does not seem to suit Pogba. If I was the director of football, this would be my summer:

In: Ake, Telles, Partey, Sancho, King,
Out: Jones, Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Rojo

Also, I would like to see Ole take the next step as manager. He clearly is a great motivator and knows how to build a group but he needs to improve his ability to improvise tactically and affect games, especially those against weaker teams.

If Ole doesn't get Top 4 next season, then he should go, the club needs to move forwards and the jury is still very much out for me whether he is the man for us long-term.