Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks Batley Grammar School protest

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
I was shocked at how bold the answer is, so didn't even want to continue the conversation. Imagine thinking like that and believing you belong to a modern civilised society. :eek:
I asked the question because I couldn’t believe what I saw.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I remember a few years a teacher in the US gave his students an assignment asking the benefits and negatives of slavery. He was suspended I think and there was a ruckus about racism etc. I wonder where all these purveyors of free speech, especially the teachers in this thread, were there.

I remember a few years a teacher in the US gave his students an assignment asking the benefits and negatives of slavery. He was suspended I think and there was a ruckus about racism etc. I wonder where all these purveyors of free speech, especially the teachers in this thread, were there.
Don't see what the problem is if he means in a economic sense, and not moral. Obviously there are some benefits of slavery to the slaver. There are also benefits of killing your political opponents, that doesn't mean we should endorse it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Already been discussed in here.

I went to a high school in the states where we had to adopt defending slavery as a debate topic. Doing so further helped me understand as a white male how abhorrent the institution was & why anyone would want to support it in any fashion.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Can you provide a link of this story? What was the context in which the teacher posed that question? Seems a really strange position to start a lecture/class.