Proposal to adopt Argentina as the Caf's official World Cup team

RedDevil@84

I needed this information 14 posts ago :lol:

Great thread , I think a lot of what this team is achieving is being lost due to some agenda driven/ axe grinding from various media sources.

I don't know how anyone can watch these guys cry in post game interviews, as they try and express the enormity of the relief they feel that they haven't disappointed an entire nation which is in desperate need of a "Win" , and think .. "cnuts".

I can only assume people are completely out of touch with the reality of day to day life in Argentina and how much of an escape from the claustrophobia of existing here that this team is providing to tens of millions of people daily.

You can be 100% sure that the players aren't as unaware (they mention it constantly) as their critics are.

I'm proud of them for how they are making my friends and family feel, which is actually hopeful for once.

People here watch Licha play and think "Wow, I'm delighted he's in a United shirt because I feel like I can relate to him due to the fact he actually cares!'

Argentina have 26 of those guys.

National Heros.

If the team win this Sunday the Argentinian people's tears of happiness will finally stem the tide of despair that flows through the streets and flood their homes and I for one hope to Diego Maradona that they do.

¡Vamos Argentina Vamos!
So now we should start supporting a team because lives are tough in that nation? Do you think that is something exclusive to Argentina?

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
So now we should start supporting a team because lives are tough in that nation? Do you think that is something exclusive to Argentina?
No , You can choose to do whatever you want mate :lol: i don't recall asking anyone to support Argentina? Or saying that it's not tough anywhere else? Maybe You can point it out to me ?

My point was they arent all cnuts.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He didn't say anything like that, he just questioned people calling them cnuts seemingly for the sake of it.

He is a grown man on the verge of bursting into tears and you a sad heartless bastard.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He didn't say anything like that, he just questioned people calling them cnuts seemingly for the sake of it.

He is a grown man on the verge of bursting into tears and you a sad heartless bastard.
Thanks man , i'm actually less emotionally affected by the team and more emotionally affected by the affect they are having on the people i love.

Thats what I saw in your twitter thread post.. people's brothers, sons , fathers , grandfathers , grandmothers , mothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins! Such beautiful and unique expressions of joy.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I would normally but I got France in the work sweepstake...

git_united

Depends on whether you want Rashford to stay. An Argentina win would accelerate Mbappe’s exit. His outsized ego will lead to him causing chaos in the PSG dressing room because he won’t share World Cup glory with Messi. He goes to Real, Rashford takes his place as the prince of Paris.

BlueHaze

Our fans are chanting Argentina every single game so might as well do it..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean as an italian, i like greece, spain and most of the balkans(except serbia because they kind of scare us) and our latin brothers in romania. The scandinavians and portugal are fine. The rest of europe can go suck a big ol' bag of dicks

South America all the way!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Depends on whether you want Rashford to stay. An Argentina win would accelerate Mbappe’s exit. His outsized ego will lead to him causing chaos in the PSG dressing room because he won’t share World Cup glory with Messi. He goes to Real, Rashford takes his place as the prince of Paris.
Seems like grasping at straws.

Utd are Rashfords boyhood club, and the biggest club in the world in terms of fanbase, if United offer him enough money and show they're going to compete for trophies he will stay.

Mbappe will leave PSG sure, but I don't think Argentina winning a WC will make Mbappe run to Madrid. I think Mbappe knows he's not Messi, at the same age Messi was head and shoulders above everyone.

Neymar left Barca because he felt he was in Messis shadow, and Mbappe at 23 is still second to Messi. Mbappe just needs to wait 2 years and he will be the top talent in the world.

I don't think Mbappe is dumb enough to cause a rift like that, PSG IMO will win the CL this year if Neymar and Mbappe have a good run of form because Messi is in his old unbeatable form.

(France will still win btw)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Thanks man , i'm actually less emotionally affected by the team and more emotionally affected by the affect they are having on the people i love.

Thats what I saw in your twitter thread post.. people's brothers, sons , fathers , grandfathers , grandmothers , mothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins! Such beautiful and unique expressions of joy.
No need to clarify, you expressed it loud and clear, it's just a case of haters gonna hate.