Protest at Old Trafford

stw2022

“Anyone who dares point out what we don’t want to hear isn’t real fan”

We’re back here again. How did that work out last time lads?

The bizarre thing about the anti-Glazer protests is how nobody is even allowed to point out how shit and unsuccessful it’s been. At some point fans will feel entitled to notice they’re still here and those who have failed to achieve ANYTHING in relation to fans’ interest for 15 years don’t inspire much confidence

ReddBalls

Hangeland on Norwegian broadcaster: "Right now it is the fans who have the power. They decide if the game will be played."

Green and gold being explained and the Glazers and Woodward are being blamed.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh hey @Maciek is this you?
I need to start with something that is the most important thing on this forum. (Some of) you are going to kill me.

I'm fed up with Manchester United. I used to think it was football that I'm fed up with, but I actually enjoy watching games and going to some Polish stadiums to watch some poor or average teams live. After Fergie's retirement I thought it was football, but I can see that Manchester United simply ran away from me a few years after he retired (I think it was during van Gaal's second season, to be honest).

Annoying sponsorship deals, players who I simply don't get (half of them being younger than me doesn't help) as I prefered the old style (Rio's "stupid" things outside football were always in the shadow of his performances on the pitch), huge spending by our club (how can you waste so much money, change so many players and still play shit?), Jose Mourinho being here doesn't help as well.

I was in Munich in 2009, at Audi Cup, a pre-season tournament and I actually liked Bayern and the city of Muenchen. It's quite close to my town, too, and I have some relatives in Germany. Is it weird that I seem to have a bigger interest in that club than I have in United? Bundesliga has also become an interesting league to watch (of course in the bigger picture, as Bayern have won it six times in a row) and is really well-organised. They prefer the old style, the legends remain at the club and they would never hire Mourinho, wouldn't they?

Manchester United started to be my team when I was young, and it was selected as many youngsters select their clubs from abroad. I liked Beckham and I liked the shirt. Bayern seem to be something that was really chosen by me. I enjoyed that trip to Munich, but over the years I simply started to like more things related to the Germans than to United.

What about you? It's not only about football, remember.
...and you hate anything that's related to Manchester United, you try to find something different... something to lose your time on...

you can't help but you come back here or on other websites about United to read about (or to watch) this bunch of under performing average footballers under average manager with a terrible board and owners.

I've had enough, but I'm getting a bit melancholic (as I turn 30 next year, that's way too much) and only good memories of, for example, a great Ferguson team from 2006-2009 keep my interest alive.

Today's team and that team from 2006-2009 have absolutely nothing in common, but it's like my mum watching yet another episode of The Bold and the Beautiful, because she wanted to know what would happen next.

Was it when David Moyes took over and you saw that the man before him was not going to be there 'always'?

Or maybe was it when the same David Moyes was sacked and those bollocks about trusting your own managaer and the belief we should have in someone like him was just an nice expression which our club wanted to present after the great man left?

Or maybe was it when Louis van Gaal's team played the most boring football and you felt it's no our way?

Or maybe it was when Jose Mourinho became our manager and you saw that we don't have any 'rule', but we simply brought the best man available?

Or maybe when we made some really expensive transfers showing others that it's not a "Class of 92 only" club anymore? (As some of you still think in 2017.)

Or maybe when you saw that we can't really say anything good about our Academy or Reserves anymore? Which is different from, for example, five years ago?

Or maybe when you started to feel that it's not the United which give chance to their youth players anymore, as Jose Mourinho got the job to bring some trophies back and he doesn't care as he's not going to spend the rest of his career at Old Trafford?

Or maybe was it when you saw Ed Woodward doing strange things after taking over which resulted in us being a really shite laughing stock at one point?

Or maybe when they started to treat our club as a product? And when they focus more on new sponsorship deals rather than their fans?

Or maybe was it when you saw Lingard getting his new (£100,000 a week) deal?

Or maybe when we bought Pogba (back) for a lot of money and we always thought that we're special enough to use our money, but never to think that we would break the world record transfer fee?

Or maybe when we got Lukaku for so much when there must have been chances to get him cheaper seasons before that?

There could be many, many different examples, and I believe that you're going to present your own expressions. When did you started to feel that it's not the same as you used to think? Because, you can't agree, there is this word "unique" (or "special") which is used quite frequently by many of you when we discuss about different matters concerning United. To be fair, I hate it, because every supporter thinks something like that about his or her club, so it's just something unnecessary for (some of) you to write. Especially that - as some of the examples written by me shows - we're not that unique (at least anymore).

What's your choice? What's your opinion?

For me, it's something with money. I don't like that we joined that crazy world of huge transfer fees last season (yeah, I know that comparing to Neymar it wasn't much, but you get my point) and I don't like that Ed Woodward has used the club in a really unfriendly towards the fans way. I know it's been something like that for a long time, especially since Glazers, but - believe me - now, not only match going fans can feel it. And I know that the times have changed. I just don't like the fact that we have a sponsor for everything. We have the Official Pharmaceutical Partner of Manchester United for Korea and Vietnam, we also have the Official Coffee Partner of Manchester United for UK, Ireland and Germany. There are many strange "official partners" for us, actually. We have a fecking Official Global Mattress and Pillow Partner, too.

Discuss.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Least they are doing something. What have you done in the past 7 days?
Again still makes zero diffence, saying “at least there trying” means nothing.
Unless some one can come up with a viable way to get rid of the glazers, which so far no one has, breaking into stadium or not breaking into stadiums makes zero difference to the bottom line that the glazers own the club and unless some one with billions of pounds to spare wants to buy it, ( which there isn’t even a sniff of that being true). There is nothing any fan can do about it.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fair play to the Sky lot saying the fans were peaceful.

In other breaking news, Souness is still a bitter dick.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
He's saying exactly what newly Glazer out campaigner Gary Neville had been saying for the 15 years prior to April 2021.
Well yeah the cat's out the bag now with Neville isn't it.

vidic blood & sand

How so? Serious question.

Broadcaster money is already spent.
Obviously the protest is another level to green and gold. It's just phase one from a fan base that's had enough.
It may be that the Glazers have to be hit financially before they consider selling, but this media coverage is obviously going to affect the club's reputation, and could impact business marketing.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
This is undoubtedly necessary. It probably still won't be enough, but people still think it's too much? People who were calling for protests?

So bizarre.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
What chance do we have when our fans are talking like this? What would YOU do to protest against the Glazers? Nothing done for the past fifteen years has made them flinch.
Criminality does not equal protest. Stand outside and let your voice be heard. But don't break into the stadium and commit vandalism. That is not protest, it's embarrassing scumbaggery.

hp88

Souness is either on the WUM or horribly out of touch with Football

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Embarrassing to see people who dont understand history and the value of protesting and civil disobedience in the bigger picture. Especially given that these scenes arent the sorts of violent massive property damage type scenes. Very little damage, the overwhelming majority of the protestors have been peaceful.
Says a man from New Zealand. Bigger red than a guy from Poland who can't have an opinion. Okay then.

predator

Youth NITK
Anyone who doesn’t condone the fan protests in the midst of a global pandemic, causing the game to be delayed, possibly cancelled, criminal damage to occur, trespassing and embarrassing the club is a Glazer-supporting millennial wallflower snowflake armchair fan who has never set foot in Manchester.

/s :rolleyes:
It's not embarrassing for the club at all, unless you think the club revolves around your perfect self.

It's happening. Sit back in your armchair and enjoy the scenes.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I have a security clearance, can't be out there harassing and protesting rich folks that would soon have me shot by local PO/hired security and my clearance revoked with imminent discharge.
Good point. You’re off the hook.

Amazing how easy it was for both of us to immediately find his address online.

RUCK4444

What about when they do the same next week, and the week after that? And be sure, it won't take anything like this level of protest to get future games postponed / cancelled, they simply won't take the risk.
That’s exactly what the fans are trying to prove.

“We decide when you play” was what one of the banners read when they broke into the training ground.

Bang on. This club, or any club, wouldn’t exist without its fans.

Disrespect them and they should show you their power.

This fanbase has been utterly disrespected time and again by these leaches. This club is trying to compete whilst on its knees and they don’t give a flying feck if we win anything.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
This thread is full of massively disappointing fans and also fans who care. Im amazed at just how many are so prudish and cuckold. Some of you need to spend a few hours googling history, protesting and how its played a massive part in improving things in society.
So many on here seem to think a mildly irritated telling off is the "correct" way to behave.

Just feck off already you simpering sycophants.