Protest at Old Trafford

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
A protest is about sending a message and, inevitably, some people will be pissed off by it in some way.

With this in mind, it's been very successful. What are the fans meant to do instead? Send a few nasty tweets, a couple of rounds of Kumbaya, and refuse to buy the Official Man Utd Lunch Box? As long as nobody is hurt and it doesn't turn into a full blown riot, which doesn't look to be the case here.
Stop buying shit. Since thats the only thing the glazers understand, thats the only thing thats going to work. This has done feck all towards the goal of getting the Glazers out. Successful? Dont make me laugh.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Does anyone think the Glaziers actually care?

I mean under the law it is actually their club, they could strip us down and sell us off if they wanted to.

We need the government to bring in 50 + 1, the problem is clubs like City won't want this and will counter-protest.

Superden

Stupid soccer fans..burning down Manchesterland. Bet they are all antifa as well. (No not the blazers, the ones in hoodies).

A protest is about sending a message and, inevitably, some people will be pissed off by it in some way.

With this in mind, it's been very successful. What are the fans meant to do instead? Send a few nasty tweets, a couple of rounds of Kumbaya, and refuse to buy the Official Man Utd Lunch Box? As long as nobody is hurt and it doesn't turn into a full blown riot, which doesn't look to be the case here.
Agreed. I would go the full boycott route: tickets, merchandise, sponsors, TV broadcasters; but I know many wouldn't be prepared to do it.

TheReligion

Abusive
OK mate. I believe you, it’s great to have a totally unbiased source on the forum. One that knows that ambulances are generally on the scene for not very good things, no less.
What you on about? It's not about being biased. I've got friends there today on both sides of that.

Not the time for your point scoring. Not in the mood.

mu4c_20le

OK mate. I believe you, it’s great to have a totally unbiased source on the forum. One that knows that ambulances are generally on the scene for not very good things, no less.
And from a completely objective and unemotional poster as well.

Flying high

Peacefully protest, sure, but no criminal behaviour like today. But that won't help if the same protesters take their seats at the Stretford End.
One or two will always take it too far. You have to expect a few minor incidents when people get angry. The best thing the club can do is not push people to the point of such anger.

Superden

Direct action is the only way things have changed in the last century. That or having a large well funded militia and support through opaque offshore NGOs. I'd settle for either option to remove the glazers from our club.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What a ridiculous post. These twerps on the pitch are literally breaking the law, looking like a bunch of sheep whilst at it. Leaders? Wow, none of these are leaders of anything. They are just irrational deadbeats with nothing to lose, except the ability to go to the stadium after receiving their lifetime bans tomorrow. We’ll see if it was worth it then.
Are you related to the glazers?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Stupid soccer fans..burning down Manchesterland. Bet they are all antifa as well. (No not the blazers, the ones in hoodies).
I doubt it's antifa, they are a bunch of middle class idiots. They wouldn't want to be seen with plebs.

Spoony

The People's President
People are throwing stuff at journalists and police now, bottles, flares and seats from what I understand.
Oh I see. As long as they're not molatovs I guess. Personally I'm not sure what a Kumbaya protest will achieve...so good luck to them.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The fact people are pissed at the fact they can't watch a game due to these protests is a joke. I'd rather not watch another game all season if it meant we can make a stand against the Glazers.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Souness needs putting in a care home not on Sky.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No covid breach it seems.

Tannoy at OT just announced that operations were returning to normal.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Feel sorry for the guys whose evening has been spoilt by these pointless protests.

Let's hope it happens next home game as well!
What, more people getting hurt so we can enjoy our football more in the long run?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What you on about? It's not about being biased. I've got friends there today on both sides of that.

Not the time for your point scoring. Not in the mood.
Forgive my cynicism. Being from Bristol, when the police say they’ve been injured at protests, we tend to wait for the revised version of events before we let it sway our opinion.

hp88

God forbid one game gets postponed. In reality it is a minor inconvenience, and it has made a huge noise.
For sure! Hoping we don't let them off the hook now, feels like this is the closest we have got to getting rid of the feckers.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Souness point is that we have pissed a lot of money away with little to show. I think it’s a fair one. It’s not the cause for this though.

Josep Dowling

‘Inspirational with the women team’. Whilst forcing women to hide their faces in their own country ffs. What a twat Micah Richard is. Both him and Souness have no idea.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Souness is like the Skysports equivalent of Talksports Simon Jordan