Protest at Old Trafford

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But that is months away. These lot are waiting for the mass outrage and media frenzy to die down a bit before pressing ahead with their plans. What do you propose people do right now, then?
I propose protesting and lobbying to the people that have the power, so the closest thing is the government. I also propose bombarding player social media urging them to take a stand.

I don't think anything will really gain traction until fans show their anger in stadiums though. Hope I'm wrong, but lets see.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't know why people get in a huff when you tell them to follow safety guidelines, just wear a bloody mask and don't stand too close together

But people can't even do that apparently.

hubbuh

I don't know why people get in a huff when you tell them to follow safety guidelines, just wear a bloody mask and don't stand too close together

But people can't even do that apparently.
I don't disagree, but did you not go into a city centre on the weekend? Every single square inch of outdoor area in every bar and pub was packed. There were huge queues for Primark with people only donning masks until they got inside.

hubbuh

I propose protesting and lobbying to the people that have the power, so the closest thing is the government. I also propose bombarding player social media urging them to take a stand.

I don't think anything will really gain traction until fans show their anger in stadiums though. Hope I'm wrong, but lets see.
Fair enough. I'm hoping to see some kind of backtracking within the next week, but that might be me just being optimistic. The earlier the better, though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't disagree, but did you not go into a city centre on the weekend? Every single square inch of outdoor area in every bar and pub was packed. There were huge queues for Primark with people only donning masks until they got inside.
Yeah people don't do it and haven't done it because they can't be arsed and now lots are vaccinated they don't see the point despite new variants emerging.

It's not really that hard to wear a mask, it's not the pub where you are constantly drinking and eating.

This is a big issue but covid is far bigger.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Man am I going to celebrate if the ambitions of this crowd of greedy $$$$$ ends up in the gutter.

Red_toad

The Glazers have never given a shit about what the fans have said in the past, they wouldn't now either.
Indeed, they'll be safely at home in the US and those who work for them will be the ones targeted. Fans can't even boycott games, it's the best time for it all to come out now, as they've nothing to lose.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What does a few hundred people outside the ground achieve? Glazers will be in Tampa or wherever else and won’t give a feck about it.

I genuinely ask (not against it) because I want something to be done but something that will actually hit home.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Why wait till Saturday? Chelsea fans are doing it right now.
they are playing tonight. Nations media already present etc. Nothing wrong with waiting till match day and getting word around so anyone who can go will have notice instead of it being half baked this evening just because Chelsea are also protesting. This is going to rumble on for months

peridigm

Is there an online petition as I can’t physically travel
No excuse. Put up or shut up. ;)

Seriously, I'm right there with you. If I could I would. I think the only way us distance fans can protest is through social media and sponsor boycotts. Not that it matter.
For what it's worth, the last time there was a mass call for unfollowing all United social media, I did. Including all players, etc. Never re-followed. Did feck all didn't it.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
they are playing tonight. Nations media already present etc. Nothing wrong with waiting till match day and getting word around so anyone who can go will have notice instead of it being half baked this evening just because Chelsea are also protesting. This is going to rumble on for months
Didnt realise they are playing tonight. My bad.Let's hope we turn up big time on Saturday.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Those able fecking go for it. We all support each other now to stop this fecking shit.

Maticmaker

Can't help feeling this is playing into their hands, the world and is wife have signalled they are not happy, let the football powers that be get on with demolishing the Super League.... if they fail, then protest.

An incensed crowd gathering outside the club will lead to 'tears before bedtime', will give the appearance of a 'rabble' when filmed on TV.

The ultimate protest is to refuse to renew season tickets, stop spending on anything with United in the title and TBH if that doesn't happen, then all the protests in the world won't make a jot of difference.

Foxbatt

Good on Chelsea, City and Liverpool fans for protesting. This is beyond loyalties. We all need to stick together.

Foxbatt

United to leave the SL too.i just saw something about it online

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Regardless of whether we pull out of the ESL the protest should go ahead, get the Glazers out!!!

justsomebloke

The Glazers have never given a shit about what the fans have said in the past, they wouldn't now either.
The point of protesting isn't to persuade the Glazers, it's to show everyone what United fans think about this. That matters.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I hope this still goes through. It doesn't and shouldn't stop here. Get the Glazers out.

MUFC OK

If there’s one thing that today proves it’s that if fans want something to happen, they have to make it happen themselves.

But don’t be fooled, getting this lot out of the club will take a lot more than a single protest. This has to go on and on and on until they’re gone, but it’s a good starting point.