Protest at Old Trafford

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm all for the protest - I just don't believe the Glazers will take a minute's notice. A-holes rarely do

matsdf

If this ends up giving Pool a better lineup... That would be very sad.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
poor stand in corner flags thought they were going to get their day :(

klayton88

"The fans have officials channels" feck off. Letters get blanked. Action talks. Well done to all today. Except the odd few idiots obviously.

arnie_ni

He Tweeted this a couple of days ago...

"So there you go, a decade of abuse, threats, the lot. Day in, day out. Week in, week out. All as an accredited broadcaster. They all stood and watched. So forgive me for not joining in a 3 day mutual back patting exercise. Actions, not gestures."

I'm not going to link to his Tweet because he also posted some of the abuse he regularly gets, and it is about as bad as you can imagine.
Fair enough reasoning.

red4ever 79

Can see Neville either getting booted off Sky or being forced to apologize again. I for one applaud him. The presenter keeps trying to condem all this

KW2006

The so called fans should protest at the Glazers' office/where they live in the UK, but not at the stadium. It only hurts the club. They should target the owners.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I'm disappointed.

I'm fully with the people protesting against Glazers, but not really with those who made this game postponed. I'm pretty sure they joind simply because something was happening. I could see faces of those who entered the pitch, they looked like idiots who wanted to have fun. And I'm totally against injuring people working at Old Trafford, throwing bottles at policemen or ruining things which don't belong to them (yes, fecking tripods and corner flags).

You've made your point, but you should know that loving the club is different for different people. If I love the club in a completely different way than you, and I don't support what you're doing, it doesn't mean I can't say or write it.

This should never affect the team and the players. We're playing a Euro semi-final away from home, we'll probably play Liverpool tomorrow... it will ruin our schedule which is not only about a game, but a number of them. I'm wondering... would they have done it hadn't we won 6-2 against Roma?

And all of you who are totally with those who wanted a riot, not a protest... I can't understand.
What fecking riot???
Who in here wanted a riot???
Do you know what a riot is or looks like???

RedDevilRoshi

Now that’s a strong, powerful statement sent out by the fans that will be trending worldwide now.

Enough is enough. Glazers out.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The politics of the ramifications behind this will be very interesting.

I’d imagine Liverpool’s playing staff will be very frustrated at this and ordinarily would push to punish United for failing to assure of their safety and for being unable to host the match.

That said, in the wake of the Super League fiasco, would Liverpool’s supporters actually want that or do they too look to support the protests against the owners of the elite clubs?

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Do the naysayers still think this will achieve nothing and will be forgotten?
Unless some billionaires come in and buy the club it will achieve nothing.
Do I think fan breaking into a stadium, causing a life changing injuring to a police officer, getting a game called off, is going to attract billionaire owners ? No I don’t.

so in the long run, no it changes nothing, maybe it reduces our income from sponsors that means glazers allow less money into the club, or even further increase the clubs debt. But no I don’t see any postive out come from today.

vidic blood & sand

For all those upset the game is cancelled, for goodness sake doesn't the club mean more to you than one lousy game?
Cancelling a game like this in the manner it was done sends such a powerful message to the owners. I'm so proud of the fans!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Wouldn't we be playing two days before that anyway? Whats the difference?
Sunday afternoon gives the players an extra 24 hours rest - no one has ever been asked to play Monday then Thursday or Wednesdsay/Satruday

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Agree with the point of the protests, absolutely. I do think there’s a valid argument about the protesters picking and choosing which matches to disrupt. i.e. not the Europa league because you might win it. That part stinks for me, I’d have way more sympathy if they’d disrupted both, or if they went on to disrupt the Europa League final. I know people will use the ‘Liverpool game has the biggest audience’ argument, but I think that’s being deliberately blind to the facts.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'm sorry, but it's not a joke of a post. Some of the high-minded people on this forum who think this is all very noble stuff need to go and look what other people are saying about this. I spoke this afternoon to a friend who's a Newcastle supporter and he was aghast when he considers what they get to spend. I'm not defending the Glazers here, I don't like them as owners, but the money Utd have spent in 5-6 years dwarfs what many others clubs have spent and makes Utd supporters look like selfish brats with a sense of entitlement; and I certainly don't want the club to be owned by a Middle Eastern state that steals from its citizens to fuel its plaything football clubs in Europe.
This protest punishes the players and the supporters.

The match has just been called off by the officials and sanctions could be taken against the team - not the owners or the protestors, the team and the supporters.

Sorry if people here disagree with this, but you need to hear it. Just look at what most of the commentators are saying (apart from Gary Neville who's becoming a parody of himself). By all means protest against the owners, but mobs at Old Trafford are not the way to do it.
I honestly don't have the energy to address this point because it's so wrong. But suffice it to say that if you had a friend who earned 10x more than you, him spending 10x on a car/house or anything of the sort than you does not mean your friend is being wasteful. In this comparison, United has been spending 4-5x of what Newcastle has spent but this doesn't mean the Glazers have done anything for this club. Also, it's the club's money, they've invested feck-all.

We are a bigger club, a bigger business and an actual fecking football institution being run by the Glazers as if we're some small-time club.

As for what the 'commentators' are saying, I honestly could not give a toss. They have their cushy jobs with Sky who have taken PL football off the free-to-air TV and have been making money off it for years. Of course they won't like.

The BBC didn't want to feature people exposing the current government's crimes and corruption. That didn't make it right and neither does what the media are trying to portray here.