Protest at Old Trafford

Caius

What fecking riot???
Who in here wanted a riot???
Do you know what a riot is or looks like???
Amazing how drastically different people see what happened today based on their own preconceptions. Neville and Carra down on the field keep saying it was mainly peaceful but no it was actually a riot

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We have a game!

We play THUR-SUN-WED- (weekened blank, but Liverpoolplay)-WED-SUN.

It has to be tomorrow really to make most sense.
are there games on the Wednesday before the final games on the Sunday?

Deery

Dreary
Club statement saying it’s due to the safety of the police..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
they can't seriously think of playing it tomorrow with us having a game on thursday
Makes perfect sense, especially with us 6-2 up.

We have no other free slots the game can be played. Liverpool play the one weekend we don't.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Presenter was leading him with such questions like 'surely this is not acceptable' and Carragher wasnt having any of it. Said all he saw was peacful protests, that he was a fan when he was younger, and he fully backs them and believes in them
Found the Sky presenter really pompous.

OleBoiii

Happy with the result of this, apart from those cnuts who seriously injured that policeman(?).

MU655

Shame that morons spoil it for people. In the end, not everyone takes football as seriously and watch it for entertainment. There is no need for this nonsense.

edgecutter

The amount of negativity about this protest now because the games been called off :lol: feck me, how bafflingly backwards.
This. Can't believe people are upset about a game called off when our fans are thinking of the big picture about getting these leeches out.

clarkydaz

Agree with the point of the protests, absolutely. I do think there’s a valid argument about the protesters picking and choosing which matches to disrupt. i.e. not the Europa league because you might win it. That part stinks for me, I’d have way more sympathy if they’d disrupted both, or if they went on to disrupt the Europa League final. I know people will use the ‘Liverpool game has the biggest audience’ argument, but I think that’s being deliberately blind to the facts.
This is one of the biggest games in world football and a huge talking point, europa isnt. And this includes Liverpool. It was the perfect game to do it

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Real shame about the injuries, police attacks and going into OT. I agree with everything, except violence

Stan Jefferson

If it results in a loss of points for the team then you will see large sections of the fanbase turn on the protesters and the sustainability of protests will start to waiver.
People started turning on the protesters because it messed up their sunday entertainment, some people turned on them at the mere mention of the possibility of a protest happening. Its been happening since day one and will continue to do so.

You see it whenever a protest for anything happens, people pick a side and then its just points scoring to see who can come out looking the best. You get people tarring all the protesters with the same brush because of individuals actions then when the boot is on the other foot its not all police officers are this or that and you shouldnt tar them all with the same brush. At the end of it nothing changes and those sat in their ivory towers watching from a distance like the glazers in this instance do so content in the knowledge that the masses will never be able to touch them because they can't even stop fighting and arguing between themselves for 5 minutes to realise they are all being played.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I will be surprised if United don't get a severe punishment for this
I said in the game day thread that we will probably have to play this at the end of the season when some fans will be allowed into the stadium, but it will be behind closed doors.

Josep Dowling

Souness is absolutely embarrassing. He doesn’t even know if something has happened. He’s merely speculating and trying to smear United fans.