Protest at Old Trafford

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I saw this on Reddit but I’m not sure it’s legitimate:

One need to be properly organised. I got in touch with MUST on Twitter but no response.

Has anyone seen or heard about anything?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I hope there is, and I would go if I lived closer.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yeah good luck to those who want to be there in the middle of a pandemic. The Glazers have weathered worse shit during their hostile takeover and came through spotless.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
I saw this on Reddit but I’m not sure it’s legitimate:

One need to be properly organised. I got in touch with MUST on Twitter but no response.

Has anyone seen or heard about anything?
Apparently there are a few that are being organised, I have seen this one and another starting in St.Peters Square in Manchester are protesting through town all the way to Old Trafford. Should be an interesting day in the City.

Lennon7

Apparently there are a few that are being organised, I have seen this one and another starting in St.Peters Square in Manchester are protesting through town all the way to Old Trafford. Should be an interesting day in the City.
You wouldn’t mind PMing me a link to where you saw that?

TrueRed1999

You wouldn’t mind PMing me a link to where you saw that?
Ah looks like they've merged with the one in the post, from what I seen on Twitter yesterday the plan was to start at St.Peter's Square but looks like its outside the stadium direct.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's not enough in my opinion. They need to be extremely vocal on PL matchdays during the games themselves.

And if the ESL took off, they should collectively not turn up to matchdays.

TrueRed1999

It's not enough in my opinion. They need to be extremely vocal on PL matchdays during the games themselves.

Bit hard when fans haven't been allowed in the stadium for over a year now

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bit hard when fans haven't been allowed in the stadium for over a year now
Yeah so my point is, I don't think it'll really show traction until fans are allowed back in the stadium, because that's when the players and managers will really feel it.

The best way to break the ESL is from the inside, and pressure begins from the big name players who are valued commodities to the owners.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Agreed. They've been dead quiet of late...

Jokes aside - I do agree with you. Protests don't do shit. You have to disrupt the usual spectacle and ruin the brand image.

OverratedOpinion

Thousands of people could turn up and stay there from morning until night screaming their hearts out.

The Glazer's won't even be aware until they get a small memo whilst drinking their morning coffee. They will probably proceed to give a light chuckle and shake of the head then go on with their day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Agreed. They've been dead quiet of late...

Jokes aside - I do agree with you. Protests don't do shit. You have to disrupt the usual spectacle and ruin the brand image.
Yep
I mean the only way you hurt the owners is by hurting their pockets. That's the only way they realize the feck up they make.

Right now the end goal is clear, to have the ESL develop into a "SL" and incorporate MLS and Saudi teams as part of it, have it played out at 100k stadiums in America each week and appeal to the modern fan. So having current season ticket holders at OT crying their eyes out with protests won't change their outlook one bit.

However, match day action can hurt them massively. The players can be pressured to take internal stances, arguably organized protests too. And once the ESL forms the matchday fans can collectively protest by not turning up.

Lennon7

Yeah so my point is, I don't think it'll really show traction until fans are allowed back in the stadium, because that's when the players and managers will really feel it.

The best way to break the ESL is from the inside, and pressure begins from the big name players who are valued commodities to the owners.
What difference does it make if the players or fans bold really feel it? They’ve been completely ignored in this themselves. They know we don’t want it.

At this stage, we just need to be seen. I’m not saying it’ll cancel it but having a physical presence rather than just whinging on Twitter, which they definitely won’t care about, won’t do anything. We can’t just do nothing as fans.

And it’s not about the Glazers caring either. We need to show the world we care and that these bastards don’t represent the club. If we’re not protesting to cancel the thing we’re protesting to show we’re fundamentally football fans, not MUFC brand fans, and that we as a fan base are against this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What difference does it make if the players or fans bold really feel it? They’ve been completely ignored in this themselves. They know we don’t want it.

At this stage, we just need to be seen. I’m not saying it’ll cancel it but having a physical presence rather than just whinging on Twitter, which they definitely won’t care about, won’t do anything. We can’t just do nothing as fans.
It makes a huge difference if players protest compared to domestic fans.
From my understanding, and the reasoning of the ESL itself, they favour modern fans who follow players or multiple clubs. Not legacy fans who are season ticket holders.

So season ticket holders complaining is a fraction of an impact compared to players protesting. The players are the commodity of value to these owners, not the fans.

Lennon7

It makes a huge difference if players protest compared to domestic fans.
From my understanding, and the reasoning of the ESL itself, they favour modern fans who follow players or multiple clubs. Not legacy fans who are season ticket holders.

So season ticket holders complaining is a fraction of an impact compared to players protesting. The players are the commodity of value to these owners, not the fans.
Yes it does, but you’re making out as if the players and staff need convincing by match going fans. They’re clearly as against it as we are and they’ve clearly been left out the loop too.

That can’t be true - players don’t have enough fans that loyal to follow them across clubs. The reasoning behind the ESL is to earn more cash than what the CL can offer. To them it’s a harmless proposal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes it does, but you’re making out as if the players and staff need convincing by match going fans. They’re clearly as against it as we are and they’ve clearly been left out the loop too.

That can’t be true - players don’t have enough fans that loyal to follow them across clubs. The reasoning behind the ESL is to earn more cash than what the CL can offer. To them it’s a harmless proposal.
They need to outright protest to make a tangible impact.

Being upset about it but going along with it won't be near enough to stop this. I don't think players are there yet in terms of a full blown stance. It's been quite muted, only a small handful have broken a silence, which speaks volumes.

Matthew84!

Going by how upset Lfc players were yesterday by how Leeds fans treated them now imagine thousands of fans doing that every game, protest like hell i say.
I've seen live video of outside Utd and no one there yet, was hoping a few banners would be up

Last edited:

Lennon7

They need to outright protest to make a tangible impact.

Being upset about it but going along with it won't be near enough to stop this. I don't think players are there yet in terms of a full blown stance. It's been quite muted, only a small handful have broken a silence, which speaks volumes.
We’ll see. It sounds like Utd and Liverpool are the two spear heading this in England. Liverpool spoke out now we need to, and need to perhaps take action as well.

In the meantime, all fans can do is carry on showing their discontent outside grounds. Chants, banners, keep the pressure on

Statue of Limitations

I'd love to see a properly organised united protest of us, Man City & Liverpool fans gather together to protest the whole thing.
That would be a powerful image I feel, it is amazing how unifying this is on a fan level.

GiddyUp

I stopped spending money on this club, canceled every membership and I don't click on anything United online outside of the Caf. Outside of a few ceremonial shares and the purchase of three retro shirts I've spent nothing since 2014. Hitting them in the pockets is the only way to get a message through outside of a full on stadium protest or walkout which would probably just embarrass them and nothing else. Anything on social media is just pointless as favorable artificial opinions can just be bought.

The problem with a full on boycott of the club is the young supporters who don't necessarily understand the gravity of the situation. This could be negated with some type of protests from the players but good look with that as I doubt they give a feck either.
STOP SPENDING MONEY ON THIS CLUB. It's all they care about and our spending power is our only weapon. The last year proved that football can continue with empty stadiums and instead of giant seat covers displaying empty platitudes they will used as prime advertising space and sold to the highest bidder.
I really would love to see a law implemented that would require all football clubs to have a 33% ownership by supporter groups.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If this all falls flat on its face - I wonder if Glazers and Woodward will feck off.

I doubt it but they won’t be very welcome in the prem or at united.

Lennon7

F*ck the guidelines! This is an attack on the fabric of our society and our way of life!!!!
I mean, so’s the pandemic. That isn’t what this is about, obviously respect guidelines whilst protesting

Longshanks

Saturday seems a bit pointless I would be looking at the liverpool game at OT to be a good chance to make a statement/protest get both sets of supporters on side and get a blockade on the go, dont let the game go ahead.

clarkydaz

Saturday seems a bit pointless I would be looking at the liverpool game at OT to be a good chance to make a statement/protest get both sets of supporters on side and get a blockade on the go, dont let the game go ahead.
both sets of fans would be perfect, huge statement that

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
There’s a chance they decide to go on strike anyway without any blockades but it would be a serious message if Utd and Liverpool were able to collaborate on flushing these scumbags for once and for all. If ESL doesn’t go ahead I don’t think our guys have a leg left to stand on and they will be as vulnerable as they will ever be.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Are they gonna burn the wrong kit no one's ever seen like the Liverpool fans?

hubbuh

Nah, this is dead wrong. Right now it's all about momentum and keeping up the pressure in the media. This is a fantastic way of doing that. We can't wait until fans are back in the stadiums ffs, that's months away. We need action right now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nah, this is dead wrong. Right now it's all about momentum and keeping up the pressure in the media. This is a fantastic way of doing that. We can't wait until fans are back in the stadiums ffs, that's months away. We need action right now.
I didn't say do feck all until then. I'm saying you'll see real traction when the reaction is vocal in stadiums.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
More power to them. I wish our fans would stop arguing amongst themselves and finally and fully unite. I’ve never seen a group of fans that are so so divided on every little issue. This is the last chance saloon for protest or meaningful change but people would rather argue over Gary Neville commenting on the tv. These guys are scum and they need to feel the backlash from the whole world. It’s not just a franchise based on one team like in America that can be moved around. We have the youth system which is heavily based on developing players from close to Manchester. All the work in the community. The long term jobs for locals. All that thrown into chaos over some money when we are already fecking loaded. Even more so if we got rid of the glazers. They didn’t even tell the players so consider that when you’re wondering if these owners care about the fans for even a second. The couldn’t give a shit. Vulture Scum!!! For Shame!!!!

Last edited:

hubbuh

I didn't say do feck all until then. I'm saying you'll see real traction when the reaction is vocal in stadiums.
But that is months away. These lot are waiting for the mass outrage and media frenzy to die down a bit before pressing ahead with their plans. What do you propose people do right now, then?