Protest at Old Trafford

hobbers

feck the football game. How the feck can Jamie Carragher understand this & people on here don’t. feck my life, some of you deserve the Glazers.
Glazers rely on the majority of our fanbase being like this. Hurr durr buy all the shirts and the mugs and the posters and renew our season tickets and mutv subscriptions hurr durr durr.

Losing their minds at the mere idea of the game not going ahead. :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
The only way to get the glazers is out, is to not go to games. Is to not buy the merch. The damaging their pocket is the only think thats going to make them care.
I fully agree with you here. But with no fans allowed into games this was the only way to get the message across at this moment. But yes when fans are allowed back in the best thing would be mass boycott and protest outside ground while game is going on.

I also would much prefer peaceful protests (obviously) but you always get a couple of idiots doing stupid things in every protest, it’s unavoidable

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Totally support the protesters, besides not wearing masks and that one guy destroying the camera everything else was spot on.

It's as pacific as a protest can be, every offended fan by this clearly knows nothing about fighting for something and I surely think the way to solve this is posting on Twitter or something.
The footage I saw was of a guy throwing a tripod with no camera on it. Was there another camera thrown?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As far as A United vs Liverpool match goes, this match is as dead rubber as it gets.

So well done fans. Don't injure anyone though please.
It’s not a dead rubber. It’s our chance to kill their top 4 hopes. We should be well up for it. I want blood today. Look at their defence.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
It is possible, but momentum must be built through protests.

That you can't see it and are actively arguing against this staggers me tbh.
Peacefully protest, sure, but no criminal behaviour like today. But that won't help if the same protesters take their seats at the Stretford End.

The Irish Connection

There should be more protests, and not just from us. Fans from other clubs should also protest against scum owners. There needs to be change in football in general, far too much corruption while the fans who are the reason this big money is generated are usually treated as trash.
You’re so right. I was very impressed by the Arsenal fans last week, and more power to them.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Anyone who is taking the moral high ground against these protests don't care about your fans feeling against the owners, they couldn't care less whether the Glazers owned you or didn't. It's good to see them show their a*se about it. You've been protesting the owners for a decade on and off, peaceful protest has led you nowhere. Anyone with any bit of investment in fans actually having some ownership over the game is on the side of youse.

Fair play to your boys. I'm fully behind you lot. Wish Liverpool fans had a bit of this about them at the moment.
Thanks buddy, appreciate a rival fan understanding.

rooney2009

Proud day to be a united Fan
Peaceful protest...well done to everyone involved
Let’s keep it peaceful and kick this twats out of our club
No Investment in the club whatsoever by the Glaziers
Hope they would just sell and we hope we get someone decent to buy us

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Violence over football is pathetic. Complain about the ownership all you want, but as soon as you resort to violence that is far worse.
I might have missed something as I don't follow the situation closely, but what kind of violence happened?

Fluctuation0161

This thread is full of massively disappointing fans and also fans who care. Im amazed at just how many are so prudish and cuckold. Some of you need to spend a few hours googling history, protesting and how its played a massive part in improving things in society.
So many on here seem to think a mildly irritated telling off is the "correct" way to behave.

Just feck off already you simpering sycophants.
100%.

NewDawnFades

Violence over football is pathetic. Complain about the ownership all you want, but as soon as you resort to violence that is far worse.
Direct action is the only way now to save a 150 year old institution. Owners actions have shown that.

The United

Throwing bottles at the police, and near the horses? The police should put a rubber bullet in him.
Good thing that it was not in Burma.

We got shot in the head and back with assaulted rifles just for carrying we want freedom placards while running away from the police.

Tiber

If a handful of idiots attacked the police then by all means arrest and jail them - you won't hear a single complaint from me.

But feck some of the sanctimonious posts in this thread about respecting the Glazers private property. Running onto the pitch and waving the corner flag around hurts nobody, it's not like the megastore has been burned down or statues defaced.

Hashtags and grumbling online will never bother the glazers, but disrupting games? They will notice that.

Would be different if fans were travelling from all over the country to watch the game, the only people in the building are being paid to be there

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Some of the pundits on the BBC like Jenas and Pat Nevin are out of touch.

It's not about 'embarrassing the club' its about getting toxic leeches that own the club and drain funds gone.

They won't sell otherwise, they'll continue to drain a transfer a season in dividends and add to the debt.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s not a dead rubber. It’s our chance to kill their top 4 hopes. We should be well up for it. I want blood today. Look at their defence.
I completely agree with your sentiment but they’re on fecking horseback mate. We don’t stand a chance.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
If a handful of idiots attacked the police then by all means arrest and jail them - you won't hear a single complaint from me.

But feck some of the sanctimonious posts in this thread about respecting the Glazers private property. Running onto the pitch and waving the corner flag around hurts nobody, it's not like the megastore has been burned down or statues defaced.

Hashtags and grumbling online will never bother the glazers, but disrupting games? They will notice that.

Would be different if fans were travelling from all over the country to watch the game, the only people in the building are being paid to be there
Exactly

DavelinaJolie

Glazers rely on the majority of our fanbase being like this. Hurr durr buy all the shirts and the mugs and the posters and renew our season tickets and mutv subscriptions hurr durr durr.

Losing their minds at the mere idea of the game not going ahead. :lol:
Not contributed a single penny via purchase or sports TV package to Utd for over 7 years, because witholding money is a more effective method of protest. How many protestors were wearing spangly Chevrolet shirts?

Try again though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Being as you are in Florida can't you pop around Joel's house and tell him to feck off. Offer him $50 for the club, I will fund you.
This is what I posted earlier...

In Georgia now.

I’ve had many of the Glazers as guests before in my restaurant when I lived in the Tampa Bay area. They are absolute *****.

That’s why I’m trying to roust @MrMarcello up to get to Harbour Island to kick down Joel’s front gate.

MM’s rght around the corner.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
FFS stop trying to spin it as some sot of massive riot. A tripod got thrown, thats it.
They broke into the stadium, they damaged more than just a tripod and then started fighting the police. As well as making it an absolute shit tip. I'm not spinning anything. You are the one condoning criminal behaviour and spinning it as a good old time with the lads.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Is it just me who doesn't understand why everyone is moaning about "safety of players" and stadium being clear inside and out when ordinarily players play infront of 80,000 people and arrive outside grounds with hundred of people there.

TRD

Silent protest is fine but damaging the stadium, gathering in a very large number during a pandemic and jeopardizing the match, they are not United fans. If people like these wants to control the club, then I am happy with Glazers.