Protest at Old Trafford

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really pleased with the match getting postponed, this is what needs to happen if we want to see change. Obviously the violent few need condemning, but Carragher is spot on, it’s a couple of idiots amongst thousands of passionate, peaceful supporters.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
they can't seriously think of playing it tomorrow with us having a game on thursday
I think they had us play Chelsea on a Monday ahead of a Europa League game last season (I think?) - I’m sure they won’t think twice about booking it in tomorrow if they can.

red4ever 79

Fair play to Carragher, Neville and Keane. Keane said 'utd fans have just had enough. This is not about the Super League'

Well done to all involved in the protest. Yes there were a few idiots (there always will be, and they should be condemmed and rightly so)

Brought tears to my hearts. Proud to be a Utd fan, and proud of the protest. #GlazersOut

Nikelesh Reddy

Wow,that was truly a great example of fan power!But sadly I can’t see the Glazers budging even an inch because of this protest...They will leave whenever they feel it’s financially expedient to do so...

hp88

Carragher is still in touch with the game in the same way Garry is, Souness can feck off though.

jeff_goldblum

Watching the whole Super League thing and now this has been very frustrating. So many people almost getting the point, that ownership of football clubs and sports media by the super rich is an inherent wrong which has fundamentally damaged the game and will continue to do so unless it's stopped, but not quite connecting the dots.

The shots of police breaking up peaceful protest is indicative of the larger issue at hand here. Our clubs (and the game at large) have been reduced to being property. Sure, to us they're cultural institutions and communities, but in the eyes of the owners and the law they're property, and the law is designed to ensure that rich people can own property and do what they want with it regardless of what us little people think. That's why the police are there, to protect the Glazers' property rights and the ability of those who own our game (Sky et al.) to make their money.

Just hearing the game is off - good. Maybe it won't make a difference but if it loses the club a single penny it's better than anything that's been achieved with plane banners, green and gold scarves or forum posts. The media are going to concentrate on the tiny minority who took it too far to distract from the real issue, those on this forum and beyond who play into that narrative are the reason the game has been sold to the super rich - pure bootlickers.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
One of two? :lol: Majority were there for the trouble. Good on the ones who went down to protest peacefully but the thugs took over it and used it as an excuse to riot.
What fecking riot???
The Majority were peaceful.
That injury to that mans face was disgraceful.
That aside your hyperbole has been the sort of thing Fox News excels in

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Whats Stan doing on twitter this weekend
He Tweeted this a couple of days ago...

"So there you go, a decade of abuse, threats, the lot. Day in, day out. Week in, week out. All as an accredited broadcaster. They all stood and watched. So forgive me for not joining in a 3 day mutual back patting exercise. Actions, not gestures."

I'm not going to link to his Tweet because he also posted some of the abuse he regularly gets, and it is about as bad as you can imagine.

lilcurt

Well not reading this whole thread but I for one think today has been brilliant.

As fans we have so little say in the direction of the club and this is the manifestation of that. If there was other ways we could be heard this wouldn't happen. This is desperation to be heard and force change.

It's a shame it comes to this, this may not work and amount to anything. But right now this is all that can be done to try and get rid of these owners.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Caused life changing injuries to an innocent man, threw bottles at police and harassed families driving past. Productive day!
All for something, which let's be honest...doesn't matter one iota. Football doesn't matter.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
feck the football game. How the feck can Jamie Carragher understand this & people on here don’t. feck my life, some of you deserve the Glazers.
Nail on head. feck the game and the Glazers. I'd take a year's worth of postponed game if it gets those parasites out.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I wonder how the players will react to this protest.

I'm sure a few of them will have something to say via Twitter or something.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Good. Now let's ensure not another game goes through at OT this season. That'll show them surely.

red4ever 79

What did Carragher say
Presenter was leading him with such questions like 'surely this is not acceptable' and Carragher wasnt having any of it. Said all he saw was peacful protests, that he was a fan when he was younger, and he fully backs them and believes in them

Caius

Wow,that was truly a great example of fan power!But sadly I can’t see the Glazers budging even an inch because of this protest...They will leave whenever they feel it’s financially expedient to do so...
The more that people protest the sooner it becomes financially expedient for the Glazers to feck off

Wayne's World

Well done to the fans. Showed the Glazers that we are a football club and not a business

Congrats to everyone involved

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I'm disappointed.

I'm fully with the people protesting against Glazers, but not really with those who made this game postponed. I'm pretty sure they joind simply because something was happening. I could see faces of those who entered the pitch, they looked like idiots who wanted to have fun. And I'm totally against injuring people working at Old Trafford, throwing bottles at policemen or ruining things which don't belong to them (yes, fecking tripods and corner flags).

You've made your point, but you should know that loving the club is different for different people. If I love the club in a completely different way than you, and I don't support what you're doing, it doesn't mean I can't say or write it.

This should never affect the team and the players. We're playing a Euro semi-final away from home, we'll probably play Liverpool tomorrow... it will ruin our schedule which is not only about a game, but a number of them. I'm wondering... would they have done it hadn't we won 6-2 against Roma?

And all of you who are totally with those who wanted a riot, not a protest... I can't understand.