Protest at Old Trafford

stu_1992

I'm not one for paparazzi following people around when they're just going about their lives but feck that wanker Avram. Of course we already knew he couldn't care less, but somehow he managed to come off worse in that video than I'd expect. Which is impressive considering he didn't even say anything!

RUCK4444

That's the look of a man who knows he has absolutely no defense for how they've 'run' this club.

A man who knows he doesn't have the answers to the difficult questions.

So he scuttles away like the gutless leach he is. I would rather make a complete arse of myself and potentially say the wrong thing by interacting with the reporter and defending my position if I was in the right, anything instead of running away saying nothing with the look of a man who knows he's in the wrong.

The games up Avram. The cash cow has had enough of being milked.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm not one for paparazzi following people around when they're just going about their lives but feck that wanker Avram. Of course we already knew he couldn't care less, but somehow he managed to come off worse in that video than I'd expect. Which is impressive considering he didn't even say anything!
They never say anything.
16 yrs and we've heard very,very little.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They might keep the ownership but it sure as hell won't be comfortable for them. And that's good.

If you want to cause misery for the millions of United fans, they sure as hell have the right to cause misery for you in any way they can.

Let's see how thick their businessman skin is.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Doc, that's fantastic. The Raiders are a funny one indeed, I decided to follow them because they were the first team I watched play, well the other team was Dallas Cowboys and they were too popular. Anyway, I kept looking out for their results for years but eventually stopped, what shocked me after decade later was when I found out they had become Oakland (again) ...and it didn't bother fans. I think they've moved to Las Vegas now and again fans seem accepting. Okay I get it they're The Raiders and it's just a franchise. The huge difference is that we're not simply United, the Manchester part is key. The club is intrinsically linked to Manchester...as you said it's a long history. I suspect the Glazers don't understand or are ignorant of what clubs mean to fans and local areas. I think they wouldn't have had the same resentment Stateside even of they owned a big franchise. And that's a part of the issue.
Yeah the difference in systems is key here. A franchise can go just about anywhere. A little rebranding and you're good. For clubs in England with long storied histories things are different, there is a strong link to the place where they are from and that cannot be neglected operationally.

Cast5

So it's all the police's fault.

I'm sure the copper who got glassed did it to himself, the cops were throwing bottles at each other and it was obviously plain clothes police who kicked the door in and were pissing about on the pitch. None of it was the goody goody protesters, oh no, butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.
Well you think the protesters deserved to be beaten up as you said before, there was no violence until the police started smashing people.

Passitlikescholes

but my main issue is around the fans who are advocating damaging the club to get them out. Trying to negatively impact the clubs revenue to reach this goal will not have the outcome that anybody wants,
If sponsors were targeted, why would you think that sponsors would not come back after the Glazers have sold up?

The Glazers see our club as a cash cow. Cash flow is the only thing that's going to convince them to sell up. They've been here 16 years already, they'll ride any other obstruction out but with cash flow, that's the only thing that forces their hand (and I would think send a warning to any potential buyers of how to treat the club).

Fully Fledged

The police presence will be through the roof next home game. Anybody trying to get into the ground or stop the teams getting to the ground will be risking arrest which would lead to long bans from football hefty fines and a criminal record that could hamper your chances of getting a decent job.

Exiust

If sponsors were targeted, why would you think that sponsors would not come back after the Glazers have sold up?

The Glazers see our club as a cash cow. Cash flow is the only thing that's going to convince them to sell up. They've been here 16 years already, they'll ride any other obstruction out but with cash flow, that's the only thing that forces their hand (and I would think send a warning to any potential buyers of how to treat the club).
Why would big sponsors come back after the Glazers are gone if we all do our best to get rid of the sponsors? They will need some guarantee that fans wouldn't do the same thing to the new owners, so they will sit it out for a couple years and by that time we will be a 2nd rate Tottenham.

A warning to potential buyers? Do you think some sugar daddy owner will magically appear? Do you believe there is some divine right that United get a benevolent benefactor or are entitled to success?

If someone buys the club, and they take out as much as the Glazers do right now that will give them a rate of return of 1% per year. Who is going to waste money like that? So you first have to find an idiot that is willing to waste a couple billion on a club without any return. Arsenal former players have actually found some rich idiot fan to actually do this apparently with Daniel Ek. Would be nice if we first get one too and then try to get rid of the Glazer, that would actually be a plan, if Neville first got someone that is actually willing to buy the club that would be more useful than the nonsense he is doing right now.

alexthelion

Just the little matter of whether it will happen again, that might put a lot of them off.

alexthelion

I know people that were there who said that’s what happened, do you have any evidence to the contrary? I know your opinion is that they deserved to get beat up.
Heresay and you obviously didn't read my later post.

I would have thought reading comprehension was a prerequisite for a newbie, obviously not.

Cast5

Heresay and you obviously didn't read my later post.

I would have thought reading comprehension was a prerequisite for a newbie, obviously not.
What later post? I only read the post where you said United fans deserved to get battered, what did you say after?

You’ve asked me to provide evidence, my evidence is that I know people who were there and that’s what they said happened. Were you there? Do you know anyone that was there? To back up your claim that Man United fans were in the wrong and they deserved to get beat up?

alexthelion

What later post? I only read the post where you said United fans deserved to get battered, what did you say after?

You’ve asked me to provide evidence, my evidence is that I know people who were there and that’s what they said happened. Were you there? Do you know anyone that was there? To back up your claim that Man United fans were in the wrong and they deserved to get beat up?
As I said, heresay.

Cast5

As I said, heresay.
My reading comprehension is bad? You can’t even answer a couple of simple questions, I asked this:

“What later post? I only read the post where you said United fans deserved to get battered, what did you say after?

You’ve asked me to provide evidence, my evidence is that I know people who were there and that’s what they said happened. Were you there? Do you know anyone that was there? To back up your claim that Man United fans were in the wrong and they deserved to get beat up?”

and you answer this:

“As I said, heresay.”

alexthelion

Is this guy going from thread to thread and troll
Me?

No, calling out those whom I find to have abhorent points of view and who want to destroy the club I've supported for over 50 years.

Just because someone doesn't agree with a viewpoint does not make them a troll.

Passitlikescholes

Why would big sponsors come back after the Glazers are gone if we all do our best to get rid of the sponsors? They will need some guarantee that fans wouldn't do the same thing to the new owners, so they will sit it out for a couple years and by that time we will be a 2nd rate Tottenham.

A warning to potential buyers? Do you think some sugar daddy owner will magically appear? Do you believe there is some divine right that United get a benevolent benefactor or are entitled to success?

If someone buys the club, and they take out as much as the Glazers do right now that will give them a rate of return of 1% per year. Who is going to waste money like that? So you first have to find an idiot that is willing to waste a couple billion on a club without any return. Arsenal former players have actually found some rich idiot fan to actually do this apparently with Daniel Ek. Would be nice if we first get one too and then try to get rid of the Glazer, that would actually be a plan, if Neville first got someone that is actually willing to buy the club that would be more useful than the nonsense he is doing right now.
Sponsors would know that fans are boycotting because of the glazers. If the glazers were to up and sell, are you seriously suggesting that sponsors would not be foaming at the mouth to sponsor United? There'd be a massive windfall of goodwill that sponsors would be able to capitalize on, especially shirt sponsors, hence, to think that sponsors wouldn't come back is an unlikely scenario.

A new buyer would see, through the boycotting of glazers, what the mood and stance of the fans are. I don't think anyone is suggesting that a new owner should look at investing their money and running at a personal loss but at the very least to show some interest in the football side of things and find a balance between it being profitable for the owner and profitable (in terms of footballing goals) for the fans. And again, sponsors would be clawing to get back to sponsoring United once the boycotts finish with the exit of the Glazers

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The police presence will be through the roof next home game. Anybody trying to get into the ground or stop the teams getting to the ground will be risking arrest which would lead to long bans from football hefty fines and a criminal record that could hamper your chances of getting a decent job.
The business will have to pay for policing.

alexthelion

Glad I seem to be upsetting some of the more unreasonable posters, you've made my day.