Protest at Old Trafford

JB7

That tweet said it was the official Liverpool team bus that was blocked off on a side street and the tires were deflated. Imagine being a rival player and a large group of the rival fans stops your bus on a side street and deflates the tires? It's not good.

Luckily it seems like we misunderstood that tweet as the bus seems like it drove off so clearly the tires weren't deflated. But still.
Trying to stop the Liverpool team from getting to the ground is targeting the team.
1. It's the match itself which is being targeted.
2. Who the feck cares?

Dan_F

If the game doesn’t go ahead tonight, this thread is going to be more toxic than the Israel/Palestine one.

pacifictheme

That tweet said it was the official Liverpool team bus that was blocked off on a side street and the tires were deflated. Imagine being a rival player and a large group of the rival fans stops your bus on a side street and deflates the tires? It's not good.

Luckily it seems like we misunderstood that tweet as the bus seems like it drove off so clearly the tires weren't deflated. But still.
Is this a bit? The players know they are not the target or in any danger.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We can get the second best option, though - that the Glazers finally wake up and realize that draining the club of resources will have consequences. With continued protests, they might eventually get their act together and make some firm promises about the running of the club.
Yeah that's definitely the best case scenario to me.

bosnian_red

Is this a bit? The players know they are not the target or in any danger.
The players aren't targeted obviously but in a hostile environment like a large protest (which is fine), sometimes it doesn't take a lot for things to escalate, escalate to a point where I'd be worried if I was a rival player surrounded by this group. The tweet seems like it was exaggerating anyway, which was what I was against.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Side by side coverage of the protest with the Villa game on NBC here in the States.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ole's slashed your wheel
How does it feel

bosnian_red

Really scary this

Yeah the tweet seems to have exaggerated it anyway. My point was I disagree with fans stopping the opposition team bus and deflating the tires, like it made it sound at first. Didn't happen so different story. But my point was that it's a fine line and it doesn't take much for things to escalate in these types of environments.

laughtersassassin

Deduct points from Liverpool for being late!
Really? It's on Liverpool for not being prepared to handle a mob of Man United supporters that are intent to stop the game from happening? Come on.. if the game doesn't happen, we'd be lucky for it to only be 3 points to Liverpool and no deductions on our part.
It's not their fault obviously. But if our players our at the Stadium it's a hard argument.

They'll make it anyway so it's all moot.

Last time it was the club's own fault for underpreparing for.

I'm with the protesters though. Within their rights to disrupt (within the law) until we are heard. Glazers are scum plain and simple.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Can't believe that people who are supporting protests do appreciate the way it's being handled by the fans.

They're doing this against the team, not the club.

bosnian_red

It's not their fault obviously. But if our players our at the Stadium it's a hard argument.

They'll make it anyway so it's all moot.

Last time it was the club's own fault for underpreparing for.

I'm with the protesters though. Within their rights to disrupt (within the law) until we are heard. Glazers are scum plain and simple.
Think it was different as last time I think it was just a protest that nobody expected becoming this big and nobody expected it to get go the point to cancel the game. This being done with the intention to cancel it makes a bit different and I wouldn't be surprised if we just get a loss or some point deduction if it doesn't go ahead, but anyway, as you say it should be fine.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can't believe that people who are supporting protests do appreciate the way it's being handled by the fans.

If you disrupt the day-to-day operations of the club, you are disrupting the club. I agree that we need to get behind the team and support them but this is the biggest fixture of any football calendar. There's no better opportunity to get coverage of displeasure of the owners.

TrustInOle

Is there anyway the Liverpool squad and staff travelled into the stadium with our team? That would have made the most sense to me.

hubbuh

You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette buddy.

Teja

At what point does it become a law and order thing rather than something United are responsible for? We should be responsible for securing Old trafford and any private property around it that we own, we can't really prevent supporters with cars stopping a Liverpool bus in the middle of the city.

Dan_F

Think it was different as last time I think it was just a protest that nobody expected becoming this big and nobody expected it to get go the point to cancel the game. This being done with the intention to cancel it makes a bit different and I wouldn't be surprised if we just get a loss or some point deduction if it doesn't go ahead, but anyway, as you say it should be fine.
Don’t speak about things you clearly know nothing about. It was intended by plenty last time. Obviously not everyone at the protest, but it wasn’t a spur of the moment thing. People went to that protest with the intention of stopping the game.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I don't know but the poster I replied to keeps banging on about a mob of thousands forcing people off a bus and scaring them which hasn't happened at all :lol:
Yeah still sounds like good craic

hobbers

Amazed some people thought the Liverpool players would have been taken off to some random side street on the coach 3 hours before kick off to apparently just sit there :lol:

Obviously the coach was empty and trying to stay out of the way until just before it was needed. And the tyres were also not deflated at all.

lsd

The Oracle
We have so many idiots and brainless thugs calling themselves United fans. If it carries on then United should be made to either play away from Old Trafford all season or play in empty stadiums even when fans are allowed back.

Its just embarrassing

lsd

The Oracle
If you disrupt the day-to-day operations of the club, you are disrupting the club. I agree that we need to get behind the team and support them but this is the biggest fixture of any football calendar. There's no better opportunity to get coverage of displeasure of the owners.

They really couldn't care less all the idiots protesting are doing is hurting the players

laughtersassassin

They really couldn't care less all the idiots protesting are doing is hurting the players
Nonsense.

A minority maybe. The vast majority simply care and where probably apart of the 2005 protests and 2010.

People here pretending there is little reason for this are naïve.

Bosws87

We have so many idiots and brainless thugs calling themselves United fans. If it carries on then United should be made to either play away from Old Trafford all season or play in empty stadiums even when fans are allowed back.

Its just embarrassing
Be a great result against the glazers, fingers crossed.

bosnian_red

Don’t speak about things you clearly know nothing about. It was intended by plenty last time. Obviously not everyone at the protest, but it wasn’t a spur of the moment thing. People went to that protest with the intention of stopping the game.
What are you talking about? I mean the club/officials didn't think it was going to be anything more than a protest like what happened at other clubs. The Premier League didn't expect it to escalate to the point where the match is stopped. Now at least they know the intention is to stop the match, which is much different and why there would likely be an actual punishment now.