Protest at Old Trafford

macheda14

Embarrassing for the club and the city of Manchester, is this how things work down there? Imagine if they had something important to cry about, like human rights or something not as utterly trivial as a football club (which is doing quite well by the way). I hope the police now show their influence and make sure the ones not obeying commands are removed by force, that’s the only way certain idiots ever learn. Tired of this shit, just let the players do their thing on the pitch.
Something tells me you are always against protests.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Some of the responses in here are slightly ridiculous. I actually don’t understand at all the point of all this. Why don’t we go one further and burn old Trafford to the ground, that will show them...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Haven't they been judged as not fit and proper when they tried to buy Newcastle?
It was the group that were deemed not fit and proper not Saudis themselves. I’m sure there are a couple of billionaires in SArabia who have the capital but have interests elsewhere

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I keep wondering amidst all of this plus the ESL row, whether these fans aren't a little misguided themselves?

The basic principle of not wanting the Glazers to bleed the club seems fair enough, but the idea that billions should be pumped back in to basically create a football monopoly also seems anti-football.

I would expect a proposal more in tune with dividend caps for the owners, a dedicated percentage to always go back to the football side of things, and the rest being put into charitable causes, or more equitably spread around the football world.

It makes little sense to rage at greedy capitalists yet to behave in the same way from a footballing perspective.
I think the idea is that the club should be in a position to re-invest that which it generates without it being taken out of the club by parasites.

Especially when they took over the club with money that wasn't theirs then re-aligned that debt directly against the club, to the tune of half a billion quid.

It isn't about being a FM fever dream every summer, it is about being able to see our club operating without both hands tied behind it's back.

Djemba-Djemba

If you're specific about the part you think is "what-on-earthy" perhaps I could attempt to explain.
What's anti football about Utd fans not wanting the glazers to steal money from the club and for the money we make to be pumped back into the club?

This isn't us protesting because we want a sugar daddy owner.

stw2022

I dunno, clubs are always punished for the actions of their fans in the grounds but I guess it'd be a weird grey area outside of the ground. But I'd be shocked if they didn't just give Liverpool the win if it did get cancelled (though looks like it'll go ahead so moot point).
Can’t we point the FA to their Caf posts where they boast about having stopped watching us in 2006 as evidence they’re not actual fans.

Unless..... wait a minute... you don’t think they just say these things to make themselves look pious in front of complete strangers online, do you?

Fingeredmouse

Some of the responses in here are slightly ridiculous. I actually don’t understand at all the point of all this. Why don’t we go one further and burn old Trafford to the ground, that will show them...
Yes that is the next logical step and given some of these uncultured ruffians are drinking beers they will be out of control enough to do so.

laughtersassassin

I keep wondering amidst all of this plus the ESL row, whether these fans aren't a little misguided themselves?

The basic principle of not wanting the Glazers to bleed the club seems fair enough, but the idea that billions should be pumped back in to basically create a football monopoly also seems anti-football.

I would expect a proposal more in tune with dividend caps for the owners, a dedicated percentage to always go back to the football side of things, and the rest being put into charitable causes, or more equitably spread around the football world.

It makes little sense to rage at greedy capitalists yet to behave in the same way from a footballing perspective.
The point is they are shite owners. They don't give two shits. Have us up to our eyes in their debt. That we will be paying off forever. It's as high today as when it started yet we have nearly paid it off two times over.

Are the fans misguided? No they are correct.

Coops73

We have so many idiots and brainless thugs calling themselves United fans. If it carries on then United should be made to either play away from Old Trafford all season or play in empty stadiums even when fans are allowed back.

Its just embarrassing
This post is embarrassing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Quite exaggerative. I don't think you identify with the supporters who actually feel affiliated with the club. You are just pissed off you cant watch some evening entertainment, and think the disruption to a team that's already qualified for CL in what is a dead rubber match is not worth the disruption to the club which is already showing to rock the owners.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The secret OT/Anfield tunnel has been reopened - used previously by Owen, Ince and Beardsley - rumour has it Heinze is still down there.
The secret tunnel? I remember Heinze walking around with his hands in his pockets scattering earth around OT while the squad were jumping over a wooden horse

Longshanks

Embarrassing for the club and the city of Manchester, is this how things work down there? Imagine if they had something important to cry about, like human rights or something not as utterly trivial as a football club (which is doing quite well by the way). I hope the police now show their influence and make sure the ones not obeying commands are removed by force, that’s the only way certain idiots ever learn. Tired of this shit, just let the players do their thing on the pitch.
You may need a history lesson start with the Peterloo protest and work your way towards more modern times.

Oh and the police can not just remove people lawfully protesting by force.

laughtersassassin

I believe this is what you call a false equivalency.

Is that you Joel?

laughtersassassin

You can really tell with this thread those who don't truly "Care" about the club.

It's just something to watch every now and again for some.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've just drove past sir matt Busby way on chester Road and there is a wall of police at the Ford garage. Whilst driving home it felt kind of like a matchday. People walking from all sorts of directions to the ground.

I'd join in but I've just finished work and can't be arsed to be honest.
From one view from outside, I would not want to be driving past that mob tonight!

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
If we don't play this game tonight, I hope we face points deduction, miss out on Champions League and have no money spend on transfers in summer.

At least those local fans whom I don't understand will be happy.

Trophies? Glory? Success? They don't care. LUHG.
FFS

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we don't play this game tonight, I hope we face points deduction, miss out on Champions League and have no money spend on transfers in summer.

Relax bud, the glazers will probably ensure this anyway ;)

The Original

What's anti football about Utd fans not wanting the glazers to steal money from the club and for the money we make to be pumped back into the club?

This isn't us protesting because we want a sugar daddy owner.
I have said it's fair enough to want the Glazers to stop taking money. So this isn't about the motives of the protest. It's about what happens after.

My point is, does having that much money help Manchester United but at the detriment of the game? Could Utd then become another Bayern/PSG and turn the Premier League into a farmers league solely based on having much more financial firepower than anyone else? Would such an outcome be in line with the current arguments made against the anti-football that the ESL represents?

I see the argument that says oh well, we earned this, and it's not our problem what happens to other clubs. But that's exactly what a hyper capitalist would say, isn't it?

dove

So so tempting to break the "attack the post not the poster" rule :lol: Go grab some beer you miserable human.