Protest at Old Trafford

tomaldinho1

I have said it's fair enough to want the Glazers to stop taking money. So this isn't about the motives of the protest. It's about what happens after.

My point is, does having that much money help Manchester United but at the detriment of the game? Could Utd then become another Bayern/PSG and turn the Premier League into a farmers league solely based on having much more financial firepower than anyone else? Would such an outcome be in line with the current arguments made against the anti-football that the ESL represents?

I see the argument that says oh well, we earned this, and it's not our problem what happens to other clubs. But that's exactly what a hyper capitalist would say, isn't it?
You might have missed them but Chelsea and Man City are actually in our league. Something tells me there's not much danger of United becoming some kind of Bayern purely because of wealth.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If we don't play this game tonight, I hope we face points deduction, miss out on Champions League and have no money spend on transfers in summer.

At least those local fans whom I don't understand will be happy.

Trophies? Glory? Success? They don't care. LUHG.
That's a little unfair, mate.

The one thing we cannot accuse the protesters of is not caring for the club since they're risking a lifetime ban from OT after this, especially if they enter the ground again.

You're thinking short term while they're thinking long-term.

SirtheIcarium

Watching on Sky Sports News. Can anyone explain Agbonlahor's obsession with massages? He's about five minutes away from sinking to his knees and ripping open his shirt while screaming "THEY HAVEN'T GOT THEIR MASSAGES".

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Your naïve if you are choosing to believe a word of that note.

Actions are needed not words.

If not then they should rightfully piss off.

I guarantee you the whole point of the letter was false promises to try calm the storm.
Yeh maybe that’s true and thier history says it probably is a lie but if you don’t give someone the opportunity to show change then how can they ever change? Without a doubt the most likely outcome of this fan pressure is that the owners will be forced into being more transparent which is a good thing but fans will at some stage have to buy into that. Personally I don’t see that happening.

Mindhunter

That's a little unfair, mate.

The one thing we cannot accuse the protesters of is not caring for the club since they're risking a lifetime ban from OT after this, especially if they enter the ground again.

You're thinking short term while they're thinking long-term.
What’s their long term plan after getting rid of the Glazers?

TrustInJanuzaj

Yes, because the Glazers have always been shit with communication, they've always given empty promises and they can feck off until they show action. Just now the Director of Communication, Charlie Brook, was asked WHEN the communication will improve. Easy question to demonstrate the framework to improve the representation of fans in the decision making of the club.

His answer was a pile of wank, so yes, they will quite rightly continue protesting regardless of what the Glazers say.

Also I think the Glazers are worse owners than what City have, Chelsea have, even what Spurs have. Heck, you can argue its worse than Fenway on top. They had a decade of no footballing personnel in a technical director role for fecksake. Our roof is broken, our womens set up was far too late and it's clearly not adequate. Our academy was far from adequate for a long while. There's a reason Wayne Rooney and RVP have their kids at City and not United. You can't get much worse ownership than that at top level.
That’s where we disagree. Buying football with blood stained money doesn’t equal good ownership and it’s concerning how many fans would sell their soul to the devil just for some silverware.

032Devil

Some of the responses in here are slightly ridiculous. I actually don’t understand at all the point of all this. Why don’t we go one further and burn old Trafford to the ground, that will show them...
The Glazers might be doing that by themselves if what Gary Neville said about the state of the stadium is true.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And then the time to continue protesting is if that doesn’t happen surely. So now we are protesting things that may or may not happen?
We are protesting what we know, beyond reasonable doubt, is unlikely to happen. We are trying to force the owners hands in that regard. And there is a lot of success behind the protests you love to hate behind the scenes, because it appears the owners are finally concerned. The lack of success did nothing to make them concerned, it took our fans making some noise and protests to actually get them worried. What does this tell you?

laughtersassassin

Yeh maybe that’s true and thier history says it probably is a lie but if you don’t give someone the opportunity to show change then how can they ever change? Without a doubt the most likely outcome of this fan pressure is that the owners will be forced into being more transparent which is a good thing but fans will at some stage have to buy into that. Personally I don’t see that happening.
When and If they act things will slowly cool down.

If this was their first 2-3 years if ownership you'd say maybe give them the benefit of the doubt.

But it's their 16th year here and they are a fecking shamble. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. When I see actions consistently then they might be worth listening to but I doubt we ever see those actions

Crustanoid

Yes, the fans are right about the owners but are they right about the club needing all that money? Do we really not have enough to do what we need even at the highest level?
The club should only spend the money left over from what the Glazers pocket / spend on the debt they incurred. It’s very selfish of fans to expect money the club earns going back into the club

croadyman

That’s where we disagree. Buying football with blood stained money doesn’t equal good ownership and it’s concerning how many fans would sell their soul to the devil just for some silverware.
Yeah really hope that some of the regulars who watch the womens team were part of the protest tonight seeing as these yankee scumbags are the reason that our manager has resigned yesterday

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm talking about implementing a proper infrastructure in the club, not the owners themselves. Our owners are among the worst in that regard. And please, lets not try to pretend the Glazer's hands are clean.

Gandalf

this isn't about transfers ffs
We literally just lost the Manager of our women's team because of broken promises and no investment in facilities. Old Trafford is crumbling and nothing is being done to renovate it or even enact the minimal running repairs such as fixing the leaky roof. The club has pissed away millions in interest payments when if it was properly run there would be no need for debt at all. I guess we can overlook all that because we spent 40m on DVB though.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'm talking about implementing a proper infrastructure in the club, not the owners themselves. Our owners are among the worst in that regard. And please, lets not try to pretend the Glazer's hands are clean.
I'm pretty sure they're not responsible for murdering and dismembering any reporters then dissolving their remains in a tub full of acid.

But yes, they need to invest in infrastructre and repairs at the ground.

croadyman

Infuriating having to explain to these supposed utd fans what the situation is isn't it?

Look at the fecking state of Old Trafford for a start.
Yeah just looking at those pictures on SSN you can see how badly the ground is in need of some serious renovation

TheReligion

Abusive
We literally just lost the Manager of our women's team because of broken promises and no investment in facilities. Old Trafford is crumbling and nothing is being done to renovate it or even enact the minimal running repairs such as fixing the leaky roof. The club has pissed away millions in interest payments when if it was properly run there would be no need for debt at all. I guess we can overlook all that because we spent 40m on DVB though.
£35m

RUCK4444

Yes, the fans are right about the owners but are they right about the club needing all that money? Do we really not have enough to do what we need even at the highest level?
Your right, I mean, do we need all the money we have in our bank accounts right now?

Why should we feel the benefit of hard earned wealth eh? What a crazy concept that it.

I’ll be unhappy if we spend more than our rivals.

Everything we do should be with one hand tied behind our backs.

laughtersassassin

Yeah really hope that some of the regulars who watch the womens team were part of the protest tonight seeing as these yankee scumbags are the reason that our manager has resigned yesterday

As was our new DOF and apparent new CEO. Future is grim and full of Glazer Yes men.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm pretty sure they're not responsible for murdering and dismembering any reporters then dissolving their remains in a tub full of acid.
No, they're not. But I'm not trying to endorse changing them for MBS. Nor are a lot of these protestors by the way, they want meaningful change at the club with proper representation. The fact that we are looking at Arnold to replace Woodward, tells you everything you need to know about where the Glazers need to work on behind the scenes.

TrustInJanuzaj

When and If they act things will slowly cool down.

If this was their first 2-3 years if ownership you'd say maybe give them the benefit of the doubt.

But it's their 16th year here and they are a fecking shamble. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. When I see actions consistently then they might be worth listening to but I doubt we ever see those actions
Genuine question but what does action look like to you?

clarkydaz

Bloody hell, like thats the point? Tell you what, you can pay my mortgage for me

Djemba-Djemba

Tell you what, I'll start pocketing some of your wage every month.

Not all of it, but a decent amount. I'll leave you enough to survive on though.

Surely you'd be fine with that yeah? Do you really need all the money you've earned?