Protest at Old Trafford

croadyman

Even if Ole gets a good transfer budget this summer it's way too little too late

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not really related but as SkySports news flips from the protests to Gabby Agbonlahor watching Villa vs Everton, his analysis is priceless.

At 70 minutes:
"Gabby how is the match?"
-.."I think it will be a1-0 if someone wins it".

No shit, Gabby.

alexthelion

It's not their fault obviously. But if our players our at the Stadium it's a hard argument.

They'll make it anyway so it's all moot.

Last time it was the club's own fault for underpreparing for.

I'm with the protesters though. Within their rights to disrupt (within the law) until we are heard. Glazers are scum plain and simple.
So are the protesters who take it too far. Going to condemn them too?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So are the protesters who take it too far. Going to condemn them too?
I know you're not asking me but I'd have thought everyone unanimously condemns the protestors who went too far. Of course that does not condemn the protest itself.

Crustanoid

Campaigns are only successful if there is buy in from all stakeholders. The dissenters criticising the protest are not helping us, and by extension are prolonging the shit regime of the Glazers.

There’s a couple of plastic clubs playing the first EL Plastico CL final soon. Still time to switch allegiances and stop the rot

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'm talking about implementing a proper infrastructure in the club, not the owners themselves. Our owners are among the worst in that regard. And please, lets not try to pretend the Glazer's hands are clean.
Sure but then it’s been clear for a couple of years that even the structure of the club is improving. It’s not the popular narrative but we have a good manager, we have just brought in the long awaited DOF, we have a transfer committee that have largely been spot on in recent years, we have the best youth products in world football and those signs are beginning to show on the pitch too. This is the worst possible time to start arguing against the structure considering we have put up with years of crap and then we want to tear it all down just as we appear to have got it right.

I’d accept most of that is in spite of the owners but surely this isn’t the time to be asking for more upheaval on the football side.

The Original

Your right, I mean, do we need all the money we have in our bank accounts right now?

Why should we feel the benefit of hard earned wealth eh? What a crazy concept that it.

I’ll be unhappy if we spend more than our rivals.

Everything we do should be with one hand tied behind our backs.
Yeah, so you are fine with leveraging earned wealth into success and even more wealth, eventually growing into a position that cannot be challenged by anyone but those who invest in football for questionable reasons? Is this fundamentally different from the idea of the ESL?

Xcited

Could anyone kindly bring me up to speed with events? Been busy with work. Just searching through, finding small pieces of the puzzle. Summary would be greatly appreciated.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sure but then it’s been clear for a couple of years that even the structure of the club is improving. It’s not the popular narrative but we have a good manager, we have just brought in the long awaited DOF, we have a transfer committee that have largely been spot on in recent years, we have the best youth products in world football and those signs are beginning to show on the pitch too. This is the worst possible time to start arguing against the structure considering we have put up with years of crap and then we want to tear it all down just as we appear to have got it right.

I’d accept most of that is in spite of the owners but surely this isn’t the time to be asking for more upheaval on the football side.
Look. If we had trusted in Januzaj we'd be fecked.

Move on.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
No, they're not. But I'm not trying to endorse changing them for MBS. Nor are a lot of these protestors by the way, they want meaningful change at the club with proper representation. The fact that we are looking at Arnold to replace Woodward, tells you everything you need to know about where the Glazers need to work on behind the scenes.
I agree with the agenda but perhaps not some of the methods. All for vociferous protest outside the ground but not the we decide when you play bit.

Glazers need to do the following, imo:

1. Install a proper football person as CEO
2. Invest in OT
3. Invest in the squad so we challenge for the league and CL next season
4. Take fan group input on board for major decisions. They don't have to follow it but at least consider it

TrustInJanuzaj

Campaigns are only successful if there is buy in from all stakeholders. The dissenters criticising the protest are not helping us, and by extension are prolonging the shit regime of the Glazers.

There’s a couple of plastic clubs playing the first EL Plastico CL final soon. Still time to switch allegiances and stop the rot
Ironic as that is the ownership many people want us to have...

diarm

I see the same suspects are covering themselves in glory in here tonight. Telling Manchester based fans what's what and showing them how they should be supporting their local football club.

I'm not wasting my evening getting sucked into the same rows with the same dildos I spent all last week rowing with. I'll just say I'm proud as feck of our fans in Manchester again tonight. Fair play to ye lads.

alexthelion

Insulting another member
It's a beautiful sight! Remember if it wasn't for the Glazers we wouldn't be in a constant rebuild.

We'd be a football club and not a business. Without the fans they are nothing so the fans have the right to make their voice known.

How people don't see that is madness
We were a business before the Glazers and will be after they're gone.

Where were all you self-rightous knobheads protesting when we were first listed?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

The club is not improving out of design. They fell on Ole as a manager and they actually under-invested in the summer just went. You can argue they bought Maguire a year late, they certainly bought Bruno 6 months too late. They still haven't worked on the stadium wear and tear, they haven't focused enough on the women's football, etc. And they still don't have a proper DoF with warranted pedigree. They are looking at Arnold to replace Woodward as CEO. How are you not reading these warning signs?

Just because we are run a bit less shite compared to 2 years ago when we were complete shite, doesn't mean that it's going to get better and better. The Glazers just got caught spearheading a move that would lose football as we know it, let alone the club. That tells you that the last 2 years of prettier pictures is a all circumstantial shite. They want the bottom line $. That's all.

laughtersassassin

Genuine question but what does action look like to you?
Everything Joel mentioned in his letter.

The starting of them permanently clearing their debt so we don't have to pay it off a third time over( This would take time)

But he claims he cares about football so it's in his apparent interest.

Commiting to actually communicating on a regular basis (5-10 times a season maybe)? about the Football clubs direction.

Bringing a CEO who isn't one of their Pals who helped saddle the club in debt. Preferably one who has been a CEO at a previously successful football club.

There are many things they can and should do.

Fixing OT being another but if I'm honest I think that would just be trying to get us to shut up. Same with any major signings. I simply don't trust their motives when so much of what they do files in the face of trying to succeed.

Crustanoid

Yeah, so you are fine with leveraging earned wealth into success and even more wealth, eventually growing into a position that cannot be challenged by anyone but those who invest in football for questionable reasons? Is this fundamentally different from the idea of the ESL?
So automatically, the petro dollar fuelled clubs will just disappear and we’ll dominate? Just because we can spend what we earn?

RUCK4444

Are you seriously comparing the wealth Manchester United have EARNED through decades of success and hard work through people like Busby and Sir Alex to the leveraged buyout those leaches forced upon us?

The two things couldn’t be further apart.

And none of us wanted the SL. Except those same leaches.

andy0

Not really related but as SkySports news flips from the protests to Gabby Agbonlahor watching Villa vs Everton, his analysis is priceless.

At 70 minutes:
"Gabby how is the match?"
-.."I think it will be a1-0 if someone wins it".

No shit, Gabby.
To be fair, even the great Brian Moore could occasionally come out with something like "after a goalless first half, the score is nil-nil"

The Original

You might have missed them but Chelsea and Man City are actually in our league. Something tells me there's not much danger of United becoming some kind of Bayern purely because of wealth.
Same applies to them. Are you comfortable with the idea of a few super clubs running away from the rest?

this isn't about transfers ffs
Well the MUST representative says they would be tolerant of the GLazers if more money goes back into the club... What would the club be spending this on long term?

laughtersassassin

Yeah sounds very much like Murtough & Arnold are a big part of the problem and as for that joker just rolled out on SSN
We are seriously fecked and so many are still blind to it 16 years on from the first time they bent us over.

It's maddening.

Last edited:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
They didn't even do that. The bus drove off once the police cleared the road.
Even better
Could anyone kindly bring me up to speed with events? Been busy with work. Just searching through, finding small pieces of the puzzle. Summary would be greatly appreciated.
Some blokes tried to cancel the game by blocking Liverpool coach getting to the ground. Failed. We'd got there much earlier in separate cars using decoy buses to outsmart the protesters.

There is also a peaceful (I think) protest outside Old Trafford.

TrustInJanuzaj

Everything Joel mentioned in his letter.

The starting of them permanently clearing their debt so we don't have to pay it off a third time over( This would take time)

But he claims he cares about football so it's in his apparent interest.

Commiting to actually communicating on a regular basis (5-10 times a season maybe)? about the Football clubs direction.

Bringing a CEO who isn't one of their Pals who helped saddle the club in debt. Preferably one who has been a CEO at a previously successful football club.

There are many things they can and should do.

Fixing OT being another but if I'm honest I think that would just be trying to get us to shut up. Same with any major signings. I simply don't trust their motives when so much of what they do files in the face of trying to succeed.
Yeh fair enough and I don’t really disagree with any of that. I’m still not convinced that is cancelling games, potentially losing points and millions in sponsorship will have the desired effect though. I think it’s more likely to make us the next Arsenal.

Lynty

Can imagine exactly what type of person you are. Can this be picked up for class snobbery and generalisation mods? My reward for not insulting someone for once
You'd be wrong.

Plus, unemployment isn't a protected characteristic :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Same applies to them. Are you comfortable with the idea of a few super clubs running away from the rest?

Well the MUST representative says they would be tolerant of the GLazers if more money goes back into the club... What would the club be spending this on long term?
the stadium for one.

Jesus christ you are so clueless.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I agree with the agenda but perhaps not some of the methods. All for vociferous protest outside the ground but not the we decide when you play bit.

Glazers need to do the following, imo:

1. Install a proper football person as CEO
2. Invest in OT
3. Invest in the squad so we challenge for the league and CL next season
4. Take fan group input on board for major decisions. They don't have to follow it but at least consider it
If they communicated more or less the above plus a promise to keep dividends aligned to consider footballing achievements, I don't think we'd see as many protests. But they just promised empty words, as Gary said, the Glazers don't know how to communicate with the fans. And a big part of the escalation here.

The Original

Are you seriously comparing the wealth Manchester United have EARNED through decades of success and hard work through people like Busby and Sir Alex to the leveraged buyout those leaches forced upon us?

The two things couldn’t be further apart.

And none of us wanted the SL. Except those same leaches.
Never did that. I compared it to joining the ESL which is based on the same idea that a few super clubs have earned the reputation and therefore the rights to earn more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Protest crew turned up, but security much improved.
United in at about 2pm.
"Dummy" coaches and routes used.

Game on.

laughtersassassin

Yeh fair enough and I don’t really disagree with any of that. I’m still not convinced that is cancelling games, potentially losing points and millions in sponsorship will have the desired effect though. I think it’s more likely to make us the next Arsenal.
They already do our best to make us the next Arsenal. No one can know what if anything will help the club be run better.

The point is that it's better to try and better the club by going out swinging.

Silence is pathetic. Atleast to me. Would rather our voices heard even if it achieved nothing.

The Glazers don't deserve to have it easy at the very least