Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

Thank you, but it is my club (since 1955/56 first game, and only time I saw Duncan Edwards , I was 9/10 years old), but ownership has never been a concern of mine, I support the club not the owners.
I accept there are a lot of things I don't know, maybe some things about the Club, but I do know that once the club was turned into a business, it was always going to attract the likes of the Glazers, or some other 'carpet-bagger' owner, a fact of life I'm afraid!
Perhaps we should be trying to (positively) persuade the Glazers to manage and run the club better, make it both a successful football club as well as a successful business... just a thought!

Protests bring 'negativity' and we have enough of that already!

Who's Joel??? ;)

Now then! ...no need for name calling! :smirk:
The club that you claim to support is dying because of the ownership of the Glazers. These people do not care about football. But because they have the power, they are killing the club.
Other clubs are owned by entities that are not from the UK.
The difference is they are run as football clubs.
The fact it was turned into a PLC is not the problem.
The problem stems primarily from what the FA that was supposed to be safeguarding the interests of the supporters allowed. The saddling of the debt, which now they do not allow.
The only way to save the club so future generations can watch our club long after we are all gone, is to drive the cancer of the Glazers out.

The protests need to continue unabated.

Herman Toothrot

There was a good turn out, I was pretty disgusted by all the "murderer's" chants. Not a great look at any point but really feels like it's undermining the cause.

Ema_datsi

Glazers are not screwing over Bucs' fans.
The Bucaneers have historically been a bottom-half franchise, so maybe their fans are ok with the crap the Glazers serve up.
But doesn’t this sound familiar?
  1. Waiting 12 years to win the Super Bowel. In 10 years, they only got to the playoffs twice (2020,2021). Glazers owned the franchise since 1995, and the team have only made 9 playoff appearances in total. Although they did win 2 Super Bowls in their 28 year ownership.
  2. Consistently being rated as a bottom half NFL franchise. Since the year 2000, they’ve mostly ranked at the bottom of their division, and the bottom half of the entire league going as low as 30th out of 32 teams. In terms of win-record since 2000, they are 22nd out of 32 teams. One complaint that Bucaneers fans have is that MUFC took away the Glazer’s attention. From 1995 to 2004 (excluding 2002 when they won the Super Bowl), their average win rate was 51%, but from 2005 to 2019 it dropped to 40%. It goes down to 34% from 2013 to 2019. There are other factors like the 2008 Financial crisis and the impact (good or bad) it had on how much money they took or put into from the franchise but things were hardly rosey for MUFC post-SAF. For MUFC it’s been a sad tale of poor mismanagement (underinvestments followed by panicking buying) by a bunch of arrogant jerk-offs. For the Bucaneers, it’s probably one of neglect.
  3. Glazer family heavily involved in coach recruitment. 5 different head coaches in 10 years. The average NFL head coach’s tenure is a little over 4 years. Guess they don’t need an American Woodward to make those decisions (unless they do but keep him hidden).
  4. Joel, the front man for their family, hardly responding to fans or the media. They are very known to be opaque in their dealings with fans.

Reactions: Rood

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The Bucaneers have historically been a bottom-half franchise, so maybe their fans are ok with the crap the Glazers serve up.
But doesn’t this sound familiar?
  1. Waiting 12 years to win the Super Bowel. In 10 years, they only got to the playoffs twice (2020,2021). Glazers owned the franchise since 1995, and the team have only made 9 playoff appearances in total. Although they did win 2 Super Bowls in their 28 year ownership.
  2. Consistently being rated as a bottom half NFL franchise. Since the year 2000, they’ve mostly ranked at the bottom of their division, and the bottom half of the entire league going as low as 30th out of 32 teams. In terms of win-record since 2000, they are 22nd out of 32 teams. One complaint that Bucaneers fans have is that MUFC took away the Glazer’s attention. From 1995 to 2004 (excluding 2002 when they won the Super Bowl), their average win rate was 51%, but from 2005 to 2019 it dropped to 40%. It goes down to 34% from 2013 to 2019. There are other factors like the 2008 Financial crisis and the impact (good or bad) it had on how much money they took or put into from the franchise but things were hardly rosey for MUFC post-SAF. For MUFC it’s been a sad tale of poor mismanagement (underinvestments followed by panicking buying) by a bunch of arrogant jerk-offs. For the Bucaneers, it’s probably one of neglect.
  3. Glazer family heavily involved in coach recruitment. 5 different head coaches in 10 years. The average NFL head coach’s tenure is a little over 4 years. Guess they don’t need an American Woodward to make those decisions (unless they do but keep him hidden).
  4. Joel, the front man for their family, hardly responding to fans or the media. They are very known to be opaque in their dealings with fans.
1. You have no earthly idea how bad the franchise was during the Culverhouse years. To both get to & win a Superb Owl within seven years of ownership change was nothing short of a miracle. We were literally the worst franchise in professional sports vis à vis win / loss record for a couple of decades before the ownership takeover.

2. The moves for Gruden & his offensive players during the era you consider was neglected goes quite a long way to counter your assertion.

3. Not really different than other teams regarding coaching turnover. If anything, GM influence on head coaching was lacking, although the owners also had input.

4. Fan engagement is not something that is really that important over here vs. PL. That just doesn't fly that high on the importance scale.

The Glazers have far less criticism over here because they brought us our two championships & it's well within memory when we were decrepit during the Culverhouse era. Our 00s & 10s were a down point, but much of that can be attributed to poor GMs & poor drafting & no credible FA strategy. The owners put those people in place so they deserve some blame, but it's more tangential.

Enough derailing the thread, I look forward to continuing the debate in the NFL thread once you are promoted.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Will there be a protest at the next home match (Arsenal 4th September)?

I understand the issue and the key fact for me is that I read on here that if the Glazers (or anyone for that matter) tried to take-over a club in the way they did with your club, it would not be permitted now. So I wonder - if the rules have changed, should not anyone who broke those rules in the past be given say 3-5 years to leave?

Anyway, the other thing is, if there isn't a protest early next month (and all future home games in fact) it might leave United fans open to criticism. That being you protested after Brighton and Brentford and when the club was in for Rabio and Arnautovitch, but after Liverpool and Southampton and £200 million spent on players like Casemiro and Anthony, you have gone quiet.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Will there be a protest at the next home match (Arsenal 4th September)?

I understand the issue and the key fact for me is that I read on here that if the Glazers (or anyone for that matter) tried to take-over a club in the way they did with your club, it would not be permitted now. So I wonder - if the rules have changed, should not anyone who broke those rules in the past be given say 3-5 years to leave?

Anyway, the other thing is, if there isn't a protest early next month (and all future home games in fact) it might leave United fans open to criticism. That being you protested after Brighton and Brentford and when the club was in for Rabio and Arnautovitch, but after Liverpool and Southampton and £200 million spent on players like Casemiro and Anthony, you have gone quiet.
I expect there will be some kind of protest at pretty much every game - whether they will be as big as the Liverpool one is another matter

I'm not so sure that the takeover rules have actually changed, but even if they have then it's probably not going to be legally enforceable to apply them retrospectively

wangyu

Not sure if the protest was a success, I didn’t see or hear any coverage about it locally. It also got overshadowed y the liverpool win of course

brian9100

Anyone who was at the Real Sociedad game, was there any pre match protests outside Old Trafford? Was the Megastore closed again?

CtRafidah

Anyone still remembers this?kind of sad its forgotten, how pity and easily our fans get carried away and forgets the real issue at hand after a few signing, wins etc. It should be the main stay for every single game, no matter how exhaustive it is. We have all the time, effort, energy in the world to bicker among us, players,coaches staff the club in fact but cant get head straight and "united" for a common cause.