Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

Red_toad

I'm not advocating or suggesting that people should break the law and do something violent, I'm suggesting the time for being respectful has well and truly passed at this point. If that means there would be an unofficial or official pitch invasion at some point during the Liverpool game I would be behind it. We've been protesting since they took over, the best we got was some promises that never materialised and Joel turning up to a forum twice a year. Respect is earned and lost.
So you’re not advocating people break the law but you’re all for them breaking the law? As it’s against the law there can be no offical pitch invasion as the organisers cant do as they please on private property.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The 1958 are pretty embrassing.

Just come across as twitter ranting amatuers. Wasn't there some kind of internal feud last season that they aired all over social media :lol:
At least they're trying. I dont like how some of their members behave on Twitter, but we ultimately want the same things.

m1tch

You would need some sort of rocket launcher to get a ball over into OT. A plane flying over loaded with table tennis balls. Hundreds and hundreds of them, would create chaos, but light enough not to hurt anybody.
I like it but I'd be worried the wind would blow them off course and they'd just end up in the canal. :lol:

Sviken

Sure they are killing it. But starving it? And for greed? How can anyone claim they've starved United when you have spent more money on transfers in the last 10 years than any other club in the world? You sit at the very top, having spent more than anyone else. How is that "starving" you exactly?
This argument is so stupid. We've spent quite a lot of money on transfers, yes, but that money had to come out of somewhere else, such as the infrastructure of the club that went from state of the art to complete decay in the span of the Glazer ownership. We're not City or PSG, we can't just wave our a transfer kitty from our sugar daddy while they invest hundreds of millions into the club's training grounds and stadium. So we're quite behind top clubs now, irrespective of what we spent on the transfer market. Second of all from 2005 to 2013 we spent almost next to nothing. In these years, despite SAF's genius, our squad kept getting worse and worse. We're fixing a situation that was a mess in the first place precisely because we didn't have any money to invest. We sold the best player in the world and got Michael Owen on a free transfer for that, that's how bad things were back then.

They've taken more than 1 billion out of this club, that money could have done so much for this club but instead we're just stuck in a state of mediocrity. Even midtable clubs these days can boast they have better infrastructure than us

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
So they block the tollgates? Or just sit outside while fans go in as usual?
The Tollgate is a pub (I presume you're referencing what they said in the tweet?)

Edit: ah nevermind.

Chumpsbechumps

So you’re not advocating people break the law but you’re all for them breaking the law? As it’s against the law there can be no offical pitch invasion as the organisers cant do as they please on private property.
Please bear in mind I can only reply once more today to you (in case you respond).

I most certainly am not advocating anybody break any laws, but allow me to elaborate.

Think of it like something horrific happens to somebody you love and the perpetrator gets off somehow, they "legally" get away with it. If you doled out your own "justice" I am sure most people, while not condoning, would understand and be somewhat sympathetic to your cause. Or on a fantastical scale, think of it like Batman begins, where Batman says to the baddy "I wont kill you, but I wont save you either" when the baddy dies immediately in a horrific train accident. I wont be getting involved but I wont be defending the Glazers either.

Now some might say this is a football club and its not the same thing but I disagree. There are hardcore fans and people who live, breath and eat Manchester United. In many ways the Glazers and the EPL are relying on the compliance of the masses and just as importantly, the passion of those masses to enrich the league and its owners. You cant have it every which way and say "we want passion but reject when that passion goes bad", thats trying to treat people like robots, which we are not. Its also suggesting they should be allowed monetize fan passion and face zero consequences when this same passion turns against them, I refute that the only thing the Glazers should have to deal with is the good side of owning a club.

Cause and effect.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I assume if something actually happened to the game then we will get some sort of punishment after last time

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
17 years of these cnuts digging the club's. Hope it's a resounding success. Love it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I am no fan of the Glazers, most certainly not.

But I note in the leaflet above, these words, "An ownership that is systematically starving and killing the greatest football institution in world football, for greed".

Sure they are killing it. But starving it? And for greed? How can anyone claim they've starved United when you have spent more money on transfers in the last 10 years than any other club in the world? You sit at the very top, having spent more than anyone else. How is that "starving" you exactly?

Seems to me the reason to get rid of them is just sheer incompetence, not financial starvation. They are either hands-on, and accountable for the many mistakes and serial underperformance. Or they are hands off, but have appointed the wrong people and not fired them soon enough. In which case they are also accountable. Any which way, IMO fault for your predicament lies with the Glazers. But you cannot accuse them of starving the club. Just accuse them of being utterly useless.

(And yes, I know the Glazers have not been funding your spending with their own cash reserves - it's all United's money that's been spent, but nevertheless they have allowed you to spend it.)
Yes that's correct. The larger point remains that they need to go.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm not advocating violence, I'm suggesting that marching down Matt Busby way before the game just isn't cutting it anymore.

As I posted further up, I'm not in any way shape of form suggesting these two things are similar or carry the same weight but if the Suffragettes didn't step out in front of the kings horse (illegal activity) would their message have carried the same weight as a march before the race?

If you want actual change you have to force other governing bodies to get involved and put pressure on the people you're opposing. Anyone that genuinely wants change is willing to face putative measures or put their life on the line. I'm not saying United fans should do that, it's only football, but if people are willing to risk the £200 fine for stepping on the pitch en masse, I would bet that most of us would take that hit if it meant the Glazers were more likely to sell up.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
At least they're trying. I dont like how some of their members behave on Twitter, but we ultimately want the same things.
Agree with this.

Don't care how amateur their banners are or how ranty their tweets are.

They are trying to do something, trying to Unite a fanbase.

A fanbase that has been fractured about this for too long. It's time to Unite and get behind the momentum that's building in any way possible.

pauldyson1uk

i agree with peaceful and legal protest, however, to say last years postponement did nothing is clearly,blatantly, wrong. In fact, it was the only thing that prompted ANY kind of reaction from these bastards. Having their product not able to operate, with the fear of more happening, and effecting their broadcast revenue, directly resulted in the first communication in 16 odd years. Agree keep it from getting nasty, but just saying things that aren’t true doesn’t strengthen that view.
It did not do much to be honest, it got Joal to go to a fans meeting and that's was it. If it did something else than all well and good and yes the first communication in 16 year was good.
You have people outside the shop says don't but the stuff wearing the new shirt, how does that help ?
I am all for protest and will attend a shout and scream, but I have to be honest first sign of it getting nasty , I will be off.

crossy1686

career ending
The 1958 are pretty embrassing.

Just come across as twitter ranting amatuers. Wasn't there some kind of internal feud last season that they aired all over social media :lol:
I don't like them or agree with them but they're the only people trying to organise something at the moment and that helps people come to a place where they can express their disapproval.

redmanx

Sadly, all any sort of protest at the Liverpool match will do is give our crappy team an excuse, should, heaven forbid, they get thrashed. The media will be full of their whining about how the protest put them off their game.

Kaos

I assume if something actually happened to the game then we will get some sort of punishment after last time
All the better, hopefully its a huge fine. A points deduction would be unfortunate, but it would make the rats squirm for sure. This is exactly how you hurt them and make their ownership untenable. We're not achieving anything of note this season (title, top 4 etc), so toppling the Glazers should be the priority no matter the cost.

Crapper John

Supports
Arsenal
Mount pressure on the glazers, now is the time
They don't feel any pressure. Supporters of most other clubs would think they had died and gone to heaven if their club has spent the prodigious amount of money United has spent on players.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They're gonna deduct points this time aren't they?
Well better than humiliation I guess.
They could. But we're obviously in this sorry state because the FA and UK government allow clubs to get fecked like this. Not that docking us points matters. It's all about getting those cnuts out of course. Maybe a points deduction would actually help. Who knows.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They could. But we're obviously in this sorry state because the FA and UK government allow clubs to get fecked like this. Not that docking us points matters. It's all about getting those cnuts out of course. Maybe a points deduction would actually help. Who knows.
Yeah I don't mind if it helps us getting rid of them lot but you gotta feel sorry for ten hag, I doubt he expected this mess.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah I don't mind if it helps us getting rid of them lot but you gotta feel sorry for ten hag, I doubt he expected this mess.
If he has a chance of being in charge of this club in a few months' time with competent ownership I think he'd be over the moon.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If he has a chance of being in charge of this club in a few months' time with competent ownership I think he'd be over the moon.
Who wouldn't be but the chances of that happening are still quite low.

It's gonna be a turbulent year for the club so let's hope he can weather the storm .

clarkydaz

They don't feel any pressure. Supporters of most other clubs would think they had died and gone to heaven if their club has spent the prodigious amount of money United has spent on players.
you do realise they have cost the club well over 1 billion. Hows your new stadium?

Deathgeoff

I may be in the minority of Liverpool fans but I really hope you find a way to get these soul sucking leeches out of the club. This rivalry is based on competiveness on the pitch, not based on Americans bulking up their wallets or asset stripping. Wish I could draw comparisons with Hicks and Gillet but the reality is their financial mismanagement undid them, not fan action. Still, do what you need to do, I’m sure you’ll find support from other teams as well. If this can happen to a UK institution, it can happen to anyone

Sviken

The big signings coming before the protest. Right on clue. How typical of this ownership.

lex talionis

What puzzles me is that the there are quite a few human beings for whom the 6 billion or so that the Glazers would happily sell the club is a pittance, but why aren't they lining up to buy United? Gates, Bezos, Musk, Ellison, Brin and no doubt hundreds of others can easily drop 6 billion and have a global audience to parade in front of, but they're nowhere to be found. And so we're stuck with the Glazers.

And no, I wouldn't want us to be owned by corrupt oiligarchs.

Sviken

What puzzles me is that the there are quite a few human beings for whom the 6 billion or so that the Glazers would happily sell the club is a pittance, but why aren't they lining up to buy United? Gates, Bezos, Musk, Ellison, Brin and no doubt hundreds of others can easily drop 6 billion and have a global audience to parade in front of, but they're nowhere to be found. And so we're stuck with the Glazers.

Clubs don't make much money. These businessmen you've listed make billions out of tech. They won't see so much as a dime from United, at least nothing that would be remotely useful to them. So clubs are brought as PR sports washing machines for shady businessmen like Abramovich or the oil sheikhs from the Middle East. What need would Musk and Bezos have of that? The only one I can see is put more eyes on their platforms (Amazon and Tesla respectively)

The Irish Connection

Good luck and fair play to all the Reds taking part on Monday. I hope it really sends a message. Keep it peaceful. It will be a proud moment when the Glazers are finally gone.

Glazers Out!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Glazers are making alot of money for themselves off United so don't want to give up the club.
They are funneling all the money to their hands.

You see this happen in American Football in the NFL, where they can't get relegated and there is a salary cap.
Daniel Snyder bought the once proud and historically strong Washington Redskins/Football Team/Commanders and ran them into the ground.
The team was always in the top 7 profitability in the league but all the money went into his pockets and over the course of 20 years he destroyed the team, and the fan base. For this type of creature the team is a money making endeavor and he could care less about winning or losing.
Now you typically see the stadiums empty or home games that have 5 times more away fans, essentially making home games also away games.

I think the Glazers plan is to squeeze out as much profit and money as they can out of United and the United fans and then sell for a big payday when all that's left is the carcass of the franchise.

SuperiorXI

Just to quote the great Claude (RIP)...

I'm hoping to get down to the protest but it'll mean I miss the match as I don't have a ticket, also trying to get others in my family to come along.

Hoping for a huge turnout. Signing Casemiro should not put even the slightest of dints into this.

lsd

The Oracle
It's a terrible idea especially since the 1958 are total morons and will just lead to violence

Telsim

I wonder if it will go ahead now that the shiny new signing is done? Or if the drive will evaporate like before?

Schmeichel=God

You would need some sort of rocket launcher to get a ball over into OT. A plane flying over loaded with table tennis balls. Hundreds and hundreds of them, would create chaos, but light enough not to hurt anybody.
This one I like.

No injury caused but definite game cancellation as as soon as someone stands on one they pop open/split in half and they wouldn't allow play to continue until the place was properly swept for TT ball shrapnel.

Imagine we're that bad this year though, that the points deduction from one or two game cancellations is the difference that takes us down.

Certainly going to be an interesting year in our history this. 22/23 season is a turning point in one way or another I think.

Schmeichel=God

I may be in the minority of Liverpool fans but I really hope you find a way to get these soul sucking leeches out of the club. This rivalry is based on competiveness on the pitch, not based on Americans bulking up their wallets or asset stripping. Wish I could draw comparisons with Hicks and Gillet but the reality is their financial mismanagement undid them, not fan action. Still, do what you need to do, I’m sure you’ll find support from other teams as well. If this can happen to a UK institution, it can happen to anyone
You know it's gone way too far when our rival fans feel bad for us and when their top 3 in the world manager sticks up for us in full view of the world to the point of nearly phoning in to a broadcaster to complain.

:lol::wenger:

Pity however is appreciated right now :D