Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

pauldyson1uk

It is still better to have them on ignore than waste your time on brain deads.
You make a sound point.
On the subject of calling the game off, I am 100% against it, it will solve nothing, the Glazers won't care, it won't make them sell the club.
The game has to be played, even if late or behind closed doors, for me that will send a better message to them.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Tell you what, I'm all for protests, but not when they inconvenience anyone or achieve anything :lol:

pauldyson1uk

As a kid I remember United being in the Old Division 2. United still had much bigger crowds than anyone in Division 1 as it was known then. Also, United matches were still shown on MOTD. Biggest team by a country mile. I'd happily take this if it got rid of the Glazer parasites
I remember that aslo, went to every home match that season and a good many away games.
The club will still make money and get TV time, just what they want.

caid

If it gets call off because of a protest, it will he a dark stain on United and the FA will hammer us.
Bullshit. Every football fan in the country would support it. Sky wont obviously because it'll cost them money but who gives a feck

pauldyson1uk

Bullshit. Every football fan in the country would support it. Sky wont obviously because it'll cost them money but who gives a feck
Fair enough, we have different views on this.
Getting the Glaziers out is the goal, I just don't think getting the game called will help.
Others do, I just hope it foes not turn nasty.
Sky can get fecked.

caid

Fair enough, we have different views on this.
Getting the Glaziers out is the goal, I just don't think getting the game called will help.
Others do, I just hope it foes not turn nasty.
Sky can get fecked.
I think its one of the very few things that will help. I dont want violence commited against anyone, even the glazers themselves, but people wandering on to the pitch incessantly and being 5 mins into the match after an hour sounds pretty perfect to me to be honest. Also feck sky.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We’re not doing this again, are we? No doubt the police presence will be substantial.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I think its one of the very few things that will help. I dont want violence commited against anyone, even the glazers themselves, but people wandering on to the pitch incessantly and being 5 mins into the match after an hour sounds pretty perfect to me to be honest. Also feck sky.
It will hurt their sponsors and advertisers to see such things.
Who would want to spend money on a 'francize' with fans hating the owners. That hate will spill over to the businesses that spend money being associated to toxic owners.

pauldyson1uk

Fair enough put that way, I can see it bring a positive.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I would have thought that most United fans would welcome the points being awarded to Liverpool if they manage to postpone/ get the game cancelled.

It tells the owners/sponsors that it can happen every week and IMO should be happening every home game if you are serious about removing them (not just once a season).

You can't be half pregnant.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would have thought that most United fans would welcome the points being awarded to Liverpool if they manage to postpone/ get the game cancelled.

It tells the owners/sponsors that it can happen every week and IMO should be happening every home game if you are serious about removing them (not just once a season).

Yeah. Pretty much. But I see this also on the FA. If the scum manage to asset strip the club further (future earnings) it will 100% be on the FA.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah. Pretty much. But I see this also on the FA. If the scum manage to asset strip the club further (future earnings) it will 100% be on the FA.
Yeah agreed and I actually think regular game postponement / cancellation is the perfect way to put pressure on the FA (to act against your owners) too.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Yeah agreed and I actually think regular game postponement / cancellation is the perfect way to put pressure on the FA (to act against your owners) too.
It also forces the FA to revisit their original decision to allow such ownership, the results of which we are seeing.
The FA were the ones who opened the doors to them.
Let the spotlight be on them.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
It also forces the FA to revisit their original decision to allow such ownership, the results of which we are seeing.
The FA were the ones who opened the doors to them.
Let the spotlight be on them.
Yup the international broadcasters will put pressure on them too if their schedule is disrupted.

For me it's the quickest way to get them out but I don't know if the fan base has the stomach for it long term.

Telsim

Some people would rather see Liverpool dragged down than us brought up. Or are desperately holding to tradition. This game is the best game to cancel. If it brings Liverpool closer to a title, so be it. Liverpool matter less to me than Manchester United. Presently, nothing else matters than getting rid of the parasites completely.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If the game gets postponed is a points deduction on the cards too? Not that it matters given how terrible we are anyway, but just curious

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Giving Liverpool the points makes no sense. Klopp just being oppurtunistic.

Give the club a big fine and play games behind closed doors.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Klopp already wants the three points without playing!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The protest aren’t consistent anyway… funny how it always happens when we play Liverpool. Why not do it when we play like Brighton at home? Is it because everyone thinks we can get points against them? Feels like the protesters are doing it against Liverpool to get the game called of incase we get spanked again. I’m all for the protest to get rid of the vile owners but let’s be consistent About it and not only do it once a season when this fixture plays.

redcucumber

The protest aren’t consistent anyway… funny how it always happens when we play Liverpool. Why not do it when we play like Brighton at home? Is it because everyone thinks we can get points against them? Feels like the protesters are doing it against Liverpool to get the game called of incase we get spanked again. I’m all for the protest to get rid of the vile owners but let’s be consistent About it and not only do it once a season when this fixture plays.
Oh dear. There was a protest against Brighton. Hang your head in shame.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Klopp already wants the three points without playing!
Sounds like he is a bit worried though, I really want us to win just to see what his excuse will be. To be fair to him he’s been praising us and saying we have some really good attacking threat, he’s even gone into battle against agbonlahor by defending us.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Because its the highest profile game at Old Trafford They're you biggest rivals and its the fixture that the most people around the world want to watch.

Nobody apart from Man United fans would give a shit if your game against Brighton got called off.

Bestofthebest

If there is serious trouble we will get a hammering from the authorities but if we don’t we will probably see other clubs fans misbehaving when their team is losing to get games abandoned. Think Klopp has been very smart getting his say in nice and early. Don’t forget Utd are not liked by anyone but Utd fans, there is no half way. ABUs are everywhere, even among the authorities.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If I’m not mistaken because Liverpool vs man united is one of the biggest games in English football, it seems some people who do the protest think that by doing it in one of the biggest game in the country, it will send strong message.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Can everyone stop calling them 'Glaziers' please.

They are not window manufacturers, they are dividend taking, money stealing, parasitic owners, and they are called 'Glazers'.

Thanks.

redcucumber

Was they? I must of missed it. Still not consistent enough though.
Ah, so rather than hold your hands up and admit you were being wrongly critical of fans through improper knowledge of the situation, you'd prefer to double down. It's literally the second home game of the season. What do you want them to do? Sod their home life off and be at OT everyday? What are you doing to fight against the owners?

ForeverRed1

Klopps very good with mind games isn’t he?

looking forward to seeing what happens with the protests more than the game atm. Can’t see us getting anything out of it on current form.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Wasn't the Liverpool game the first home game after the announcement of the Super League, and by the next home game Super League was already dead? Details are sketchy in my head but I think it was pure coincidence that is was vs Liverpool on that occasion really. Apologies if I'm dead wrong about the timeline.

I definitely don't think it's anything to do with avoiding getting spanked. The game will go ahead at some point anyway. We'll probably get spanked. If anything we're less likely to get spanked playing the game tomorrow than in a few weeks once Liverpool have found form.

Hopefully since there's not a flashpoint (Super League) this time, the protests are sustained and ongoing. You're absolutely right, they need to be consistent.

AlexUTD

Can everyone stop calling them 'Glaziers' please.

They are not window manufacturers, they are dividend taking, money stealing, parasitic owners, and they are called 'Glazers'.

Thanks.
To be fair they do move like "Glazers" in the transfer market.

Hope Sky Sports and BT cover the protest to give bad press to the sponsors.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wasn't the Liverpool game the first home game after the announcement of the Super League, and by the next home game Super League was already dead? Details are sketchy in my head but I think it was pure coincidence that is was vs Liverpool on that occasion really. Apologies if I'm dead wrong about the timeline.

I definitely don't think it's anything to do with avoiding getting spanked. The game will go ahead at some point anyway. We'll probably get spanked. If anything we're less likely to get spanked playing the game tomorrow than in a few weeks once Liverpool have found form.

Hopefully since there's not a flashpoint (Super League) this time, the protests are sustained and ongoing. You're absolutely right, they need to be consistent.
People need to remember the protests that got the game called off last time helped Liverpool get the champions League spot, we was in good form and still fighting for second spot, I think we would of beat them on that day.

Then the game gets postponed, then by the time we played them we had already secured 2nd (I think?) And the team was in holiday mode.

I couldn't believe not much was said about that plus the bastards got to the champions league final.

I just hope these protests don't bite us in the ass like last time.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
There have been protests at every single home game since March/April... Just because the media doesn't cover it, doesn't mean they aren't present.

I'm really sick of snide, throwaway remarks attempting to derail the good work the match-going fans are doing to force positive change at the club.