Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Sketchy info, apparently. Hearing both sides blame the other.
Based on watching the footage in slow motion it seems to the guy in with the white shirt who does the shooting and then backs away and runs around the corner.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Currently involved in a Facebook discussion with someone under his post about how the looting etc. is making him vote republican and comparing it to Kristallnacht.

As one of his replies he's copy pasted a list of 30 odd things Trump has done. And elsewhere in the comments he's been big on "do your own research" and such. Somehow I doubt he looked into all of that. Plus one of them is the Space Force so I guess they aren't all that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Currently involved in a Facebook discussion with someone under his post about how the looting etc. is making him vote republican and comparing it to Kristallnacht.

As one of his replies he's copy pasted a list of 30 odd things Trump has done. And elsewhere in the comments he's been big on "do your own research" and such. Somehow I doubt he looked into all of that. Plus one of them is the Space Force so I guess they aren't all that.
Doesn’t sound like he understands what Kristallnacht was.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

There’s rumblings that this is a friendly fire incident, that a PP member did the shooting. I loved the response by the white guy when he saw the female POC medic try to assist the victim; his first thought was to shove her away. Can’t have someone who looks like that try to help a white supremacist, apparently.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There’s rumblings that this is a friendly fire incident, that a PP member did the shooting. I loved the response by the white guy when he saw the female POC medic try to assist the victim; his first thought was to shove her away. Can’t have someone who looks like that try to help a white supremacist, apparently.
Then the cops swoop in and push her away whilst kicking her supplies away.

AllezLesDiables

Yeah I don't see number 2 happening, sadly. It smells an awful lot like communism and with that being the case I'll stick to fascism, thank you very much.

Come again?!?! Do you know what communism even is? This should be good ....

AllezLesDiables

Did the LA riots change much in the US?
Maybe some of our American posters can shed some insight, it's just from the outside it looks like the police brutality never really went away.
No the riots didn’t change much. It merely was a bit of a release valve and the racists began infiltrating the police departments.

We are on the precipice of Civil War.

Carolina Red

Staff
Here’s some vids, both full speed and slo-mo...

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Come again?!?! Do you know what communism even is? This should be good ....
It's where you take money from the hard working rich and give to the lazy poor and the state owns you.
I'll include the white text this time.

AllezLesDiables

I'm just replying to the exaggerated statements being made. I don't even know what the point is anymore the discussion has turned into a point scoring contest.
The point is that you are being tone def. For reference, my cousin’s husband and 4 others were murdered in the Greensboro Massacre in 1979 by the KKK with the help of the local police and FBI.

Affirmative Action is like bandaid on a gaping mortar wound.

Slavery absolutely exists in U.S. and it’s prisons. That’s how those former slave owners figured out to be more covert about that shit. Incarceration of people of color and make them do prison labor pennies on the dollar.Why else do you think there’s disproportionate arrests and prison sentences for people of color in comparison to white people.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Slavery absolutely exists in U.S. and it’s prisons. That’s how those former slave owners figured out to be more covert about that shit. Incarceration of people of color and make them do prison labor pennies on the dollar.Why else do you think there’s disproportionate arrests and prison sentences for people of color in comparison to white people.
Right slavery is the only possible answer. I suppose slavery exists in the UK as well where there’s disproportionate arrests and prison sentences for minorities as compared to whites as well.

Why don’t you consider the fact that people of color and other minorities are disproportionately represented in the poorer strata of society as wel due to fewer economic opportunities and the correlation between poverty and crime? Why does it always have to an argument to the extremes in this thread?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Right slavery is the only possible answer. I suppose slavery exists in the UK as well where there’s disproportionate arrests and prison sentences for minorities as compared to whites as well.

Why don’t you consider the fact that people of color and other minorities are disproportionately represented in the poorer strata of society as wel due to fewer economic opportunities and the correlation between poverty and crime? Why does it always have to an argument to the extremes in this thread?
Slavery sure is an extreme. But when a situation persists for decades and those in power do very little or nothing to change it, at what point can we consider it to be by design?

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Slavery sure is an extreme. But when a situation persists for decades and those in power do very little or nothing to change it, at what point can we consider it to be by design?
Minorities have been oppressed in one way or another since the first 3 humans decided to make one of them into a minority. I’m not sure that it’s more accurate to say that it’s by design rather than the natural order of things with reference to human history. If you go consider the situtation 100 or 1000 or 10000 years ago it would suggest that oppressing and exploiting one another is part of human nature.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Minorities have been oppressed in one way or another since the first 3 humans decided to make one of them into a minority. I’m not sure that it’s more accurate to say that it’s by design rather than the natural order of things with reference to human history. If you go consider the situtation 100 or 1000 or 10000 years ago it would suggest that oppressing and exploiting one another is part of human nature.
I really don't see a difference between someone saying "well, I guess that's the way we want society to work" and "well, that's just the natural order of things". Both situations seem to be by design to me. We know something is wrong and we refuse to change it.

Also, if we buy into the natural order of things argument, then someone could say "women should not have a voice and should stay at home taking care of the kids obeying whatever the man asks", after all that's the way it was 99% of human history. Societies where women are still oppressed do it by design, not because it's unavoidable.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I really don't see a difference between someone saying "well, I guess that's the way we want society to work" and "well, that's just the natural order of things". Both situations seem to be by design to me. We know something is wrong and we refuse to change it.

Also, if we buy into the natural order of things argument, then someone could say "women should not have a voice and should stay at home taking care of the kids obeying whatever the man asks", after all that's the way it was 99% of human history. Societies where women are still oppressed do it by design, not because it's unavoidable.
It’s like saying being nude or barely covered is more natural than wearing clothes but we choose to wear clothes because our understanding of modesty and fashion has changed. What we call oppression today was completely normal not so long ago. I would argue that it’s more correct to say that change happens by design as opposed to maintaining the status quo.

Society and morality has advanced to a point now where we understand certain things to be wrong and we work to change them. Just because something occurs naturally it doesn’t mean we have to accept it if we think it’s wrong. I see all this as progress which should also be a natural state for intelligent beings.

I’m not in any way saying that slavery and oppression of minorities has occurred thoughout history and therefore is acceptable and should be maintained. These things are wrong and should be changed.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
That's Buffalo for you. Both the peeps and the cops. :rolleyes:
It's a really blue collar town.

Back in the day we found some Buffalo types that were super friendly to me but couldn't believe that my ethnic Pakistani buddy was English.
They thought he was faking his accent. It was like, how could he be English? He's not white.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Looks like taunting just to elicit a reaction they can probably go on to share then to say "see how violent those prostestors are". Dudes even took the come and get me stance. Good at least that it seems folks are not taking the bait. Not sure why PD is not de-escalating there but at least he s trying to put his car in between them at first. Only to then disappear out of sight. Weird. De-escalation training and practices should always be the priority-not waiting for shit to hit the fan. Still - officers are people too and it seems to be just one, but I'd be curious as to the reason for taking such a passive approach.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That's Buffalo for you. Both the peeps and the cops. :rolleyes:
It's a really blue collar town.

Back in the day we found some Buffalo types that were super friendly to me but couldn't believe that my ethnic Pakistani buddy was English.
They thought he was faking his accent. It was like, how could he be English? He's not white.
You take NYC out of New York, you basically got Alabama.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You take NYC out of New York, you basically got Alabama.
Having lived in Alabama, and now in Wisconsin, I can confirm that if you take any of the big, largely diverse, cities out of a state you are essentially left with Alabama. Basically all rural, low education, white people are Alabama.

MarylandMUFan

Having lived in Alabama, and now in Wisconsin, I can confirm that if you take any of the big, largely diverse, cities out of a state you are essentially left with Alabama. Basically all rural, low education, white people are Alabama.

Funny, we call Pennsylvania "Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other and Alabama in the middle."

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Funny, we call Pennsylvania "Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other and Alabama in the middle."
And rural Maryland is full of rednecks, so yeah it all fits. :lol:
It's not any better in southern California, the further you get from the coast. The sun and heat must have fried those brains.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
And to clarify, I am specifically talking about the redneck rural parts of Alabama. The bigger cities (Birmingham , Montgomery, Huntsville, Mobile) have issues but are at least salvageable, and the black belt (yeah, that’s right.) is just fecked thanks to state politics. But the rest of the state? They would elect Hitler, especially if he threw out a “Roll Tide”.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Take the word "overseer, " like a sample
Repeat it very quickly in a crew for example
Overseer
Overseer
Overseer
Overseer
Officer, Officer, Officer, Officer!
Yeah, officer from overseer
You need a little clarity?
Check the similarity
Yes, I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity
Assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy
Brutality, the elite
All of which are American dreams

Drifter

American
Buffalo police order Black woman not to walk on same side of the street as white men