Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Apparently harassing people at restaurants wasn't a one-off.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is currently causing much pearl clutching, the abject horror of what he said.

Gibb11

Well going by the video footage so far it seems to be a five-off.

Mate you can post as many videos as you want but were against racism. There's loads of protests going off at the same time there's bound to be a little trouble. BLM is MOSTLY peaceful besides this is one of the most pressing moment in history and were here fighting the fight, fighting for freedom. Educate yourself! So what if theres a few chairs been thrown and things smashed we need to stop the all the Nazi racists and above all Trump.

White text

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The point that continues to get lost in all this that countries have elected leaders of their nation that should rise to the occasion and try to calm the nation down. Protestors on both sides arent accomplishing anything than the continued political divide.

Trump is not leading, he ia cowering and hiding in his safe space as he's all always done. He doesnt believe in bringing people together, he believes in a divided America and making that worse. Ffs the guy expressed disdain for the poor, the sick, the disabled, civil rights leaders, decorated military veterans, award winning scientists, journalists, athletes and anyone he likes to claim are what makes America "exceptional".

Unfortunately people will probably see what they see from either side without keeping the focus on what is most critical- that there is something seriously amiss at the very top of this country. The law and order President wants both sides to skirt the same laws and orders so he can continue to abuse this country's laws and order to stay in power. If he truly cared about stopping the protests there is a lot more he could do than photo ops and tweets.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Players from Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs joined arms before their game the other day as a way to bring focus on racial injustice in America. Guess how the crowd reacted..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Shits about to get real. All the power to them, I hope they leave them with no doubt how they’re feeling tonight.

Jericholyte2

Oh for fecks sake!

The city is gong to burn because of this! Frankly with decisions like this I think it deserves to.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I actually laughed when he said show me your hands after shooting half a dozen times and seeing him on the ground.

Next post is a GoFundMe for his hospital, which is so typical.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I actually laughed when he said show me your hands after shooting half a dozen times and seeing him on the ground.

Next post is a GoFundMe for his hospital, which is so typical.
What’s wrong with a GoFundMe page set up to hopefully defray the cost of his hospitalization, etc.?

Jericholyte2

Regarding the ‘charges’ for Breonna Taylor’s murderer, I just saw a post that summed it up amazingly:

The police murdered a women in her sleep and only charged him for the bullets that missed her!

Even more mind-boggling when you view it that way!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Regarding the ‘charges’ for Breonna Taylor’s murderer, I just saw a post that summed it up amazingly:

The police murdered a women in her sleep and only charged him for the bullets that missed her!

Even more mind-boggling when you view it that way!
Cops would be in more trouble now if they tore a statue down.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
What’s wrong with a GoFundMe page set up to hopefully defray the cost of his hospitalization, etc.?
Personally I'd say what's wrong is that the phsyco inbred hicks that shot a disturbed child are paid from tax payers pockets but paying for his treatment and care is reliant on donations from those with a heart/conscience
America gets more fecked and ridiculous by the day, and that's coming from someone living in the laughing stock that is modern britain.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

(Thread)
I don't think it is physically possible to cut police budgets, they will make enough people suffer.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I will just say. I haven't been following each individual incident as closely but the Breonna Taylor case has been mentioned by sports people a lot so couldn't avoid it. Everything I heard makes it seem like the cops charged in and shot an innocent nurse in her bedroom. No mention of the boyfriend shooting first, the drug connections etc The narrative setting can be scary and I'd argue counter productive to the goals of police n prison reform.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I will just say. I haven't been following each individual incident as closely but the Breonna Taylor case has been mentioned by sports people a lot so couldn't avoid it. Everything I heard makes it seem like the cops charged in and shot an innocent nurse in her bedroom. No mention of the boyfriend shooting first, the drug connections etc The narrative setting can be scary and I'd argue counter productive to the goals of police n prison reform.
The 'drug connections' are irrelevant, as she was not personally involved and, as far as I'm aware, the police were not specifically ever looking for her or attempting to charge her with anything.

The boyfriend shot first because a group of random men burst into his home in the middle of the night, seemingly unannounced. In a country where two of the major arguments for guns are a) protection against home invaders and b) protection against an over reaching government.... Seems he's ticking both boxes there.

Obviously as always, there is always a bit more nuance to the situation. In this case, also as the police, once someone starts shooting, you're going to start shooting back. I blame the system more than I blame the individual cops.Though I have to ask how on earth they managed to totally miss the actual shooter and instead riddled his sleeping girlfriend with bullets instead.

What I find slightly more scary is how every single time something like this happens, the past is brought up. A did this once. B stole some purses when he was a teen. C was dating a guy who sold drugs in the past.

As if any of that stuff in the past allows for extra judicial killings by the police.