Protests following the killing of George Floyd

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
At somepoint the police who generally care will give up and join the side of the protestors. What’s going to be a left is a minority group of racist bigots.
They talk about a second civil war but what do they think is actually going to happen? The world will stand by and let the US enslave black people again?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Anyone else disappointed not to see any petrol bombs thrown, I mean who are these rioters down right amateurs!
Yeah, thats also surprised me too. Also seems like Americans don't have the London knife culture either.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Boogaloo is something that's been used to put on the end of made up sequel titles for a long time, I've never known it to be an alt-right thing, so I guess it depends on how it's used. It's been used plenty here over the years, just from a quick search
This was a confusing tag!

kidbob

It’s just funny somebody posted a video of the police hitting some guys with batons and I thought it was an average Saturday night in NI..
Oh I get you, those days were a norm for such a long time.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don’t remember media being so demonised during the Clinton Bush or Obama era. It’s all Trump allowing Fox to weaponise claims of ‘FAKE NEWS’ with aggression and violance towards non partisan media that brings us to where we are.

It’s very hard to be ideologically sympathetic to Fox News when they receive behaviour they have actively normalised themselves
I am not sympathetic to Fox, at all. I would open a wine bottle if they crush and burn.

The problem though is that the pandora box must not be open. If lefties start attacking (physically, not abusing) Fox, then the righties might do the same with CNN and co. When does this end?

I know that President Moron started all this shit, but I don't think lefties need to play on his own rules and essentially become the same as him. Saying a feck off to journos might be ok, but attacking them is not.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I cant see how this ends without cops shooting at people
Nah, not gonna happen, they're aware of how sensitive the situation has become. They're probably counting on people eventually losing motivation and going back home again.

kidbob

Maybe there is some truth to the Antifa rumours
If you look at the repsponses suggesting that antifa are to blame then 90%+ are bots or Trump supporters. Not saying that antifa aren't involved but it seems like a pretty good divide and conquer tactic too.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Smartphones and social media in a free country is making this the most significant mass protest in history.
This is nuts. Anyone know how you defuse this situation?

Unfortunately, it might end up with city / regional declarations of martial law & the NG getting involved in running street battles. Could be a bit like 1968.

roseguy64

I’m not American but yeah, it does have racial undertones. I don’t know trump’s intent - the man is so daft that it wouldn’t surprise me if he was actually unaware of the implications of using that term. But yes, it has racial connotations.
He used a term that a racist used also in that tweet. So yeah the use of thugs as a dog whistle was deliberate.

arnie_ni

the plot thickens ....

Much like im asking how people know/think antifa are involved, how do people know/think kkk are involved?

I wouldn't expect them to be running around in white hoods.

Surely nobody knows who the white people are and what organisation if any the beling to?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
"Antifa" is just a word the right have taken to use when calling someone they don't like or trying to shift the blame. If you see it being used it's practically always right wingers doing it to shift blame or name call. That Angela woman is a Trump supporter, that Jack Posobiec works for OANN.

arnie_ni

Nah, not gonna happen, they're aware of how sensitive the situation has become. They're probably counting on people eventually losing motivation and going back home again.
In some of those videos they are outnumbered 10 to 1. Ive seen pictures of rioters with guns, ive posted them in here just a few minutes ago.

All it takes is one cop or one rioter to let of one shot and you could end up with unknown numbers dead.

kidbob

Smartphones and social media in a free country is making this the most significant mass protest in history.

I think you can either take the route of defusing it by physical means (likely) or you can address the concerns of the protests and include them in making changes to the overall system (unlikely). The problem is that the likely way that this is dealt with means that all you are doing is kicking the can down the road.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What would they be gaining?
Potentially to incite the police / NG to escalate violence on them to further their cause? Just to be in a riot because some of them get off on that? Just to be able to potentially punch a cop or a boi in a Hawaiian shirt?

I am down with a lot of what antifa espouses, just not the violent stuff & I’m not necessarily blaming their participation in this, but to think that antifa is just going to sit on the sidelines of this conflagration is childish.

arnie_ni

I’m just kidding bud. There’s a ton of confusion surrounding that tweet. Folks aren’t even sure what city it’s talking about.
Oh i know. Im genuinely confused by whats going on..

The left are saying the whites are kkk, the right antifa. I know what the kkk would gain from being involved.

What would antifa?

The Firestarter

How many times I've uttered "Is this a fckin movie ?" this year...

arnie_ni

Potentially to incite the police / NG to escalate violence on them to further their cause? Just to be in a riot because some of them get off on that? Just to be able to potentially punch a cop or a boi in a Hawaiian shirt?

I am down with a lot of what antifa espouses, just not the violent stuff & I’m not necessarily blaming their participation in this, but to think that antifa is just going to sit on the sidelines of this conflagration is childish.
Im not thinking anything because i dont know, hence me asking.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Same vid different angle.

How do they know these people are antifa? Is there a giveaway sign im missing? Have they said they are involved in protesting?
That fecking cnut Pubichair was probably erect when typing this out.

kidbob

"Antifa" is just a word the right have taken to use when calling someone they don't like or trying to shift the blame. If you see it being used it's practically always right wingers doing it to shift blame or name call. That Angela woman is a Trump supporter, that Jack Posobiec works for OANN.
This is important to remember. For four years this administration have used social media to muddy waters and it will be no different during these protests, There will be countless posts aimed at turning the anger away from those that deserve it to another source.

America has long existed on turning the middle and lower class against each other as a distraction and now they will try to turn the protesters anger away from themselves to a source that they have already let us know they hate. It is very typical divide and conquer tactics and is particularly used by racists (which the current government of America are). Every 'antifa' tweet I'm aware of is poplualted by Trump supporters and obvious bots.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The right wing mouth breathers will claim that there wasn’t a proper permit in place to have all the water on a public park.

Seeing the jackboots come in halfway through the clip all decked out & looking to engage just gave me chills.

Last edited: