Protests following the killing of George Floyd

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm going to play devils advocate here..

Where were the patrol cars going? Clearly to a 911 call so an emergency.

Why were people stopping them getting through and trying to smash the car up?

Should they just stay stationary and allow the car to be flipped or set alight?

Granted the first vehicle pulled forward too quickly for my liking and it might have been possible to try and reverse out of the roadblock.

Sara125

In his car still seat-belted yet the officers deem it necessary to tase him repeatedly.

Edit: typo ffs

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Granted the first vehicle pulled forward too quickly for my liking and it might have been possible to try and reverse out of the roadblock.
You cannot possibly be serious.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Arguing with another member

I don't want to see any more people get injured or killed on either side to be honest. Do you?
Feck off.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Jesus christ. Imagining going out your front door and hearing the people who supposed to protect you say "light them up". fecking hell.

Sorry about the size. Just click on the bottom part of the video, below the stupid sponsor thing.
They are gangsters.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

In his car still seat-belted yet the officers deem it necessarily to tase him repeatedly.
Some of these officers lost it and they are doing it on camera. :lol:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
People need to realise this isn't the thread or time to be playing devils advocate when we're literally seeing police brutality and corruption live on our TV screens.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!

Must have been a very serious incident if they where willing to drive into a crowd to get to it. Risking injury or death to so many. Maybe there was an unarmed black man on the loose somewhere.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can’t even imagine what has to go on in your head to see a police SUV ram into a crowd of people through a barrier and think “I’m going to defend that”.

diarm

In his car still seat-belted yet the officers deem it necessarily to tase him repeatedly.
Jesus Christ.

This is so far beyond the tipping point it's incredible. I don't see how the US rows back from this.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I can’t even imagine what has to go on in your head to see a police SUV ram into a crowd of people through a barrier and think “I’m going to defend that”.
Pretty certain he's a copper if memory serves. Could be wrong.

hubbuh

Of course but you must remember that everyone is human. Some emotions you can't control and everyone has different ways of coping and getting through stressful incidents when they are scared.
That’s just not what we are witnessing right now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

That is fecking vile. What this whole situation has hopefully shown most people is that the police do not care if you turn your camera on and film them doing these things. They've gotten away with it for so long that it's ingrained into their being now that they can harm people rather than protect them. It also shows that this isn't just an individual person by person in the police issue but a problem with the whole police structure and atmosphere.

The police should be the avenue to protect people and society but right now it is an avenue for people who want to be racist in a safe space - that is why there is a problem with the police structure/atmosphere overall and you will hear people want to dislike it rather than only the individuals (Who are quite obviously scum too).

Sara125

I'm tired of the racism angle. We need to get to the bottom of that spirit and route it out and throw it out. Racism is a tool that is used. Perhaps all their are legitimately upset. Perhaps some are paid to be for some stupid agenda. Just don't care at this point in time. The media spread this racism. Films spread this racism. It's got to stop. I hate to be the one to say it but maybe they should look to God about how to behave. This is too organised. Who is behind this? What are they saying and what do they want to achieve?

In USA, they push white supremacy. They push white guilt. Ideas are promoted that you can only be racist if you are white. I don't see anywhere - as much organisation so when form no opinion. Because it adds to the flame. They are stirring the pot and people need to know WHO is behind it and hold them to account. Many people that act the victim are completely fake (NOT all) but many are for political agendas.
Whenever I see questionable posts such as this I make it a habit to search certain words by the poster in the search bar just to see if they are having a mare in one thread or if their viewpoint is consistent. Anyway from what I found all I’m going to say is much like atze this is another guy not worth debating with on racial issues.

TheReligion

Abusive
You cannot possibly be serious.
There's no justification for driving through them at that speed and as I say they should have tired to reverse away from it but there's other things to consider and whilst these riots go on you have to remember other demand carries on and the emergency services need to get to those people who need them so I can't say I agree with blocking roads and attacking vehicles.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Under a different President this might fuel change, but Trump will double down on the division and milk it for a 2nd term. This could just be the beginning of a series of escalating tensions. I wonder how the redneck militias will react to their shrines being burned down, isnt this what they have been preparing for? Or are they already present in uniform?
Most of them don’t have the balls to pull the trigger against another human. It’s only the truly deranged that will do it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

What a ridiculous take.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Tough watch (and not just because the lack of social distancing is freaking me out) Your heart really does break for them.
The level of pain in this video is the thing that people don't understand. Not saying they are family, but when you've seen your parents and grand parents struggle, and are now going through it yourself, the fear of your kids going through the same shit is crushing.

So glad that he's trying to make the young kid understand there has to be a better way.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There's no justification for driving through them at that speed and as I say they should have tired to reverse away from it but there's other things to consider and whilst these riots go on you have to remember other demand carries on and the emergency services need to get to those people who need them so I can't say I agree with blocking roads and attacking vehicles.
Your bias is beyond comprehension. This is why police forces are the way they are, every office instinctively tries to justify things.

The crowd are standing behind a metal temporary railing for feck sake. The police were clearly not trying to drive through that route, they just decided to ram the crowd because they have no care for human life whatsoever.

TheReligion

Abusive
That's the problem isn't it though Nick, I didn't say that. Infact I said there's no justification for driving through them at that speed and they should have tried to reverse away from it. The point I'm making is blocking off emergency vehicles who are going to incidents and attacking them is likely to cause situations like this sadly.

TheReligion

Abusive
Your bias is beyond comprehension. This is why police forces are the way they are, every office instinctively tries to justify things.

The crowd are standing behind a metal temporary railing for feck sake. The police were clearly not trying to drive through that route, they just decided to ram the crowd because they have no care for human life whatsoever.
The crowd have picked the temporary railing up from the side of the road and are using it to block the vehicle in. That's why there's only one of them. It's been detached from others as they all interlink. Anyway as I've said already you can't justify driving through the crowd at that speed.

Sara125

That is fecking vile. What this whole situation has hopefully shown most people is that the police do not care if you turn your camera on and film them doing these things. They've gotten away with it for so long that it's ingrained into their being now that they can harm people rather than protect them. It also shows that this isn't just an individual person by person in the police issue but a problem with the whole police structure and atmosphere.

The police should be the avenue to protect people and society but right now it is an avenue for people who want to be racist in a safe space - that is why there is a problem with the police structure/atmosphere overall and you will hear people want to dislike it rather than only the individuals (Who are quite obviously scum too).
Excellent post. It’s crazy you’d think after everything that’s going on they’d try and be more subtle but during these protests all they’ve been is open and blatant about their complete disregard for human life.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The level of pain in this video is the thing that people don't understand. Not saying they are family, but when you've seen your parents and grand parents struggle, and are now going through it yourself, the fear of your kids going through the same shit is crushing.

So glad that he's trying to make the young kid understand there has to be a better way.
It's echoing the message of Killer Mike. Hopefully that's a rhetoric that takes hold and it become embedded in ethnic minorities to use their vote to truly empower themselves and to hold those who wrong them to account. It's the only way things will actually change.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
That's the problem isn't it though Nick, I didn't say that. Infact I said there's no justification for driving through them at that speed and they should have tried to reverse away from it. The point I'm making is blocking off emergency vehicles who are going to incidents and attacking them is likely to cause situations like this sadly.
You dont mow down civilians on the road in the name of any emergency.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
On a lighter note (I am aware that this is a serious situation, dont worry)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The crowd have picked the temporary railing up from the side of the road and are using it to block the vehicle in. That's why there's only one of them. It's been detached from others as they all interlink. Anyway as I've said already you can't justify driving through the crowd at that speed.
You’re doing your best to play it down and explain it away though.

The police are a mob.

TheReligion

Abusive
You dont mow down civilians on the road in the name of any emergency.
I think some people don't realise in a large scale riot situation that the world still turns and other things carry on. If you close down cities and block off the roads you'll get left with something out of The Purge.

At what point does this terrible situation de-escalate as at the moment it keeps getting ramped up past breaking point.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I doubt it, it's already an open war, the authority are a "feck you" away from showing their true face

There's literally footage from all angle showing what happened, there's no room for misinterpretation and murder 3rd is the best they can come up with. They're not making him as an example, they reluctantly charge him. 1 out of 4 is further a joke, they have a duty of care as a policeman to stop this shit to the very least. They're talking about wanting a sure conviction, for the love of god if civilian picked jury can't indict something as clear as these than maybe just scrap the whole justice system.
Beyond a reasonable doubt is defined as “that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty”.

The video evidence shows murder .That is unquestionable. But what it doesn’t explicitly prove is whether it was either premeditated or deliberate.

I can look at that horrible video and with 100% Certainty say that it was a deliberate murder. But I can’t prove it and neither can the prosecution.

I sat on a jury for a horrific case where a man was accused of anally and vaginally raping and beating his 7 year old daughter and his wife on multiple occasions.

The hardest thing to do in those circumstances is separate emotion from evidence.

We found that scumbag guilty of 5 of the 7 charges against him. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that he was guilty of the other two either, but there just wasn’t the evidence to convict.

The fact that juries convict on evidence rather emotion is what makes the system work in my opinion.

I think that they will make an example of him. He’ll get the full 25 year sentence imo. Not what he deserves, but better than having him walk free due to lack of murder one evidence.

arnie_ni

You’re doing your best to play it down and explain it away though.

The police are a mob.
Its not all of them though as evidence by the videos of some forces joining in with the protestors in some format in some cities.

Its worth pointing that out as well.

Cait Sith

Scenes you'd expect to see from a 3rd world country. Arresting news speakers for no reason infront of live camera, police driving into crowds with their SUVs, police standing on a man's neck for 9 minutes until he's dead.

Easily a third world country, just with the ability to print infinite money and hold the rest of the world ransom with military power.