Protests following the killing of George Floyd

nimic

something nice
Scout
The kids in the background... brainwashed.

Never heard of it but the rally was held at a Dixie Outfitters. Their website is something else. They claim the war was over tariffs.

https://dixieoutfitters.com/

2013 article about https://www.salon.com/2013/09/11/dixie_outfitters_is_still_fighting_the_civil_war/
That site, oh boy. It's aggressively stupid. It has an article called "All History Matters", where they do what every racist does and goes "but but but what about the Irish?"

It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.

. . .

There is little question that the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more in the 17th Century) as the Africans did.
They have another article called "A Message from England", which is definitely not written by someone from England.

Africans even sold slaves to Europeans. Where is the outcry about that? Just convenient silence. Every empire had slaves mostly from captured warriors & rival settlements. Do Antifa & BLM really expect us to believe they never had any slaves?

. . .

This had nothing to do with police brutality otherwise they would be protesting in Africa where some of the worst police brutality occurs. We all know this is a Communist war against national identity, freedom & independence.
Oh my fecking god, this is the best one :lol:

We are not for sure if this is simply a misguided attempt to maintain the “moon landing” hoax, an attack on our heritage, or both. The City Council of Hampton City, Virginia has scheduled a vote to rename Magruder Boulevard, named for Confederate General John Bankhead Magruder, to Neil Armstrong Parkway.
And now for something completely different.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That site, oh boy. It's aggressively stupid. It has an article called "All History Matters", where they do what every racist does and goes "but but but what about the Irish?"

They have another article called "A Message from England", which is definitely not written by someone from England.

I like the first paragraph in the ‘Taxes Caused the Civil War’ section...

Taxes caused the Civil War: Although I’m no scholar of American history, there are a few seminole events that I’ve always felt confident in having a basic understanding of. One of those is the cause of the Civil War, which was slavery, of course. But then, I did some research, and I had to rethink everything

cyberman

To be fair, Irelands history is a horror show. They should leave that to us Irish though, its a ridicuous point to bring up.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Those t-shirts make a good case for white lives not mattering.

starman

Turns out the Nascar noose was just a pull down rope for the garage door....

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Police killings by race and class. Very sharp effects for both, unlike with mass incarceration, race is at least as clear a determinant as class here.

Class was measured by census tracts - basically smaller zipcodes. The written conclusion is:

Whites in the poorest areas have a police killing rate of 7.9 per million, compared to 2 per million for whites in the least-poor areas. Blacks in the poorest areas have a police killing rate of 12.3 per million, compared to 6.7 per million for blacks in the least-poor areas.
taken from here - https://www.peoplespolicyproject.org/2020/06/23/class-and-racial-inequalities-in-police-killings/

VP

Police killings by race and class. Very sharp effects for both, unlike with mass incarceration, race is at least as clear a determinant as class here.

Class was measured by census tracts - basically smaller zipcodes. The written conclusion is:

taken from here - https://www.peoplespolicyproject.org/2020/06/23/class-and-racial-inequalities-in-police-killings/
Interesting - I read this analysis yesterday which suggested that race matters for police violence but not in shootings (https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-the-data-say-about-police-11592845959)

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast

I had a guy making a point to me last week that more white people are killed by US cops than blacks. With attitudes like that....
I’ll hazard a guess that he’s a trumper.

Last edited:

Conor

I think that Dumat12 guy is the lead writer for that site.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's as if what I learned in history throughout my education, including into the collegiate level, was whitewashed.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-ghosts-of-elaine-arkansas-1919?utm_source=pocket-newtab
The Ghosts of Elaine, Arkansas, 1919
Given the magnitude of the Elaine Massacre, its absence from standard narratives in American history is striking.
Never heard of this either. I agree about the whitewashing.

I have no doubt that one side of my family participated in this as they hailed from the region. The progeny morphed into rabid Pat Buchanan supporters & outright racists even in recent days. Utterly embarrassing.

Carolina Red

Staff
Alleged 'Boogaloo' extremist charged in killing of federal officer during George Floyd protest

Steven Carrillo and his alleged accomplice "came to Oakland to kill cops," said John Bennett, special agent in charge of the San Francisco division of the FBI.

[Air Force] Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo, 32, was charged with murder and attempted murder in the killing of federal officer Dave Patrick Underwood, 53.

Investigators found inside Carrillo's vehicle a ballistic vest with a patch on it that featured an igloo and a Hawaiian-style print — symbols associated with the far-right extremist "Boogaloo" movement, according to his federal complaint.

Carrillo, prior to his arrest, used his own blood to scrawl the word “boog” and “I became unreasonable” on the hood of the vehicle he carjacked, the complaint says. Both phrases are also associated with "Boogaloo," a term used by extremists to reference a violent uprising or impending civil war in the U.S., the complaint says.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ing-george-floyd-protests-california-n1231187

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What a bellend.
I think she's bang on about brands tbh. So many were desperate to come out in support of BLM but only after the narrative was set. 100% PR stunt that, for most, won't bring about any real change. Same for the majority of celebs too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think she's bang on about brands tbh. So many were desperate to come out in support of BLM but only after the narrative was set. 100% PR stunt that, for most, won't bring about any real change. Same for the majority of celebs too.
It creates more awareness/charges up more of a 'trend' when big brands and people come out to support something. It's definitely up to that brand on their own to make sure they bring about change in their own workplace and if they do they are definitely making a 'real change'. We can't expect Yorkshire Tea to change the whole system but if individual people and brands do on a personal level it can help make slow steps to doing that.

I looked at her twitter after watching that video and it's full of absolute shite - that was more where my 'what a bellend' comment was referring to.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
You know where it's going when anyone starts off by using the term Patriotic.
The word's been so deliberately debased that it now means 'anything the government declares is patriotic is...patriotic'.

neverdie

She's completely right about brands. It was entirely PR related. I think she's a classic example of being partially right for the wrong reasons.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

That's pretty major.

Rednecks are gonna riot.
Now let’s see them go after the University Of Mississippi; their moniker ’Ole Miss’ refers to what the slaves were required to call the wife of the plantation owner, with ‘Lil Miss’ being the title for their daughters.

One of several things I had no idea that I didn’t know before all of this.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Now let’s see them go after the University Of Mississippi; their moniker ’Ole Miss’ refers to what the slaves were required to call the wife of the plantation owner, with ‘Lil Miss’ being the title for their daughters.

One of several things I had no idea that I didn’t know before all of this.
Bloody hell I had no clue about that.

Imagine attending that school as a black American.