PS3 and Laptop WiFi/Router Problems (FAO Weaste)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
My laptop and the PS3 have suddenly developed a phobia of my homehub and it's driving me insane.

I had them both at the missus' gaf a few days ago and both were connected to the internet fine, I get home and go to put my wifi details into the PS3 and it comes back saying 'the attempt to obtain an IP address timed out', and won't connect to the router at all.

The laptop is doing similar; it will connect to the router but the internet runs slower than anything (if at all) and no about of rebooting of the laptop or router will resolve it.

The thing that makes this weird is that my old man's laptop runs absolutely fine and my iPhone also connects to the network with no issues and gets speedtests of c.20Mb.

Help!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Try changing the wireless channel in your hub settings. Look for advanced wireless settings somewhere in there, can't remember exactly where it is with the Homehub, but it's pretty easy to find.

Try channels 1, 6 or 11. If it's already on one of them, just try one of the other two.

When we were on BT I had to change the channels a few times every now and then. When we switched to Virgin I had to change them a few times each day, but using an ethernet cable solved all the problems :D

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nice one Olly, that certainly seems to have allowed a connection, the Playstation now found the network now and the laptop is loading pages!

The speedtest results are a little down though, which could just be a normal fluctuation but does changing those channels have an affect on speeds?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout