Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bojan11

Had a interesting discussion with a hardcore PS fan. He told me his son is crying because of the Ratchet price. He could get gamepass for 6 months, which would cost £50 and he would get countless hours of entertainment compared to the 7 or 8 that Ratchet would offer. He compared Sony to the Torys on how they pricing people out of gaming and praised how MS are making it affordable for everyone.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Had a interesting discussion with a hardcore PS fan. He told me his son is crying because of the Ratchet price. He could get gamepass for 6 months, which would cost £50 and he would get countless hours of entertainment compared to the 7 or 8 that Ratchet would offer. He compared Sony to the Torys on how they pricing people out of gaming and praised how MS are making it affordable for everyone.
That man - afro’s dad

Bosws87

every PS5 game is £70 RRP why the sudden outrage been known for ages, unless its a cross gen game or more of a dlc.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
R/ThatHappened

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
R&C always has been and always will be a mediocre game, mainly for kids so shouldn't be a full priced game tbh. It's the same kinda category as Halo or Gears of War.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The last one was priced lower than usual. Wonder what the deal is with this one?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Interesting. I've said before but the PS4's success means Sony don't have to try to win people over like Microsoft are doing now. It could well bite them in the butt long-term.

Last edited:

Balljy

The PS4's success means they don't have to try to win people over like Microsoft are doing now. Sony's arrogance is admittedly earned but it could bite them in the butt long-term.
The arrogance worries me too, but it's earned for a reason as they consistently produce games worth buying into their consoles. Sony realised a long time ago that it's the games that count.

MS have again produced the hardware but need some games. They've made some great moves in the developers they've bought but now need to start rolling out the games to earn some trust as hardware means nothing to the vast majority who want to just play, Their big early Xbox mistake was not carrying on with the money they spent on developers years ago (Lost Odyssey, Viva Pinata etc) as they need to increase the variety of franchises. It's MS's fault they now have to build from scratch to get some trust.

Viva Pinata - I'd love a sequel to that

Last edited:

Bojan11

Interesting. I've said before but the PS4's success means Sony don't have to try to win people over like Microsoft are doing now. It could well bite them in the butt long-term.
Thank you very much. Just for clarification, Elvis was in the chat too and can verify the convo took place. Doesn’t impact me, I’d pay whatever. I definitely think Ratchet should have been the same price as MM considering a lot of the target audience for the game are kids and parents are going to be skeptical of paying £70 for a game. We want more people playing single player games not just the free to play shooters.

I remember the good old days when Sony game were cheaper than everyone. Even Ubisoft haven’t raised their prices surprisingly.

rotherham_red

Thank you very much. Just for clarification, Elvis was in the chat too and can verify the convo took place. Doesn’t impact me, I’d pay whatever. I definitely think Ratchet should have been the same price as MM considering a lot of the target audience for the game are kids and parents are going to be skeptical of paying £70 for a game. We want more people playing single player games not just the free to play shooters.

I remember the good old days when Sony game were cheaper than everyone. Even Ubisoft haven’t raised their prices surprisingly.
As someone who pretty much skipped gaming since PS2, I'm enjoying building up my collection of the games I missed out on and creating a big enough backlog that by the time I get a decent part through it, the PS5 games I will want, will be cheaper and likely have their GOTY Editions released. Why pay £70 for a single game when the same amount could pay for 3, 4, or maybe even 5? Of course, if it's an unmissable one like the new God of War, exceptions can be made but in the main I think that will be my plan.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The arrogance worries me too, but it's earned for a reason as they consistently produce games worth buying into their consoles. Sony realised a long time ago that it's the games that count.

MS have again produced the hardware but need some games. They've made some great moves in the developers they've bought but now need to start rolling out the games to earn some trust as hardware means nothing to the vast majority who want to just play, Their big early Xbox mistake was not carrying on with the money they spent on developers years ago (Lost Odyssey, Viva Pinata etc) as they need to increase the variety of franchises. It's MS's fault they now have to build from scratch to get some trust.

Viva Pinata - I'd love a sequel to that
They're definitely making a move on this. It's interesting that many don't even rate PS5's exclusives that highly but that they're there and not totally shit has clearly gone a long way with some types. Sony are riding on reputation and MS are building it. I think I know where I'd rather be with that in mind, in the coming years.

I'm just glad we're all in for a great time.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They're definitely making a move on this. It's interesting that many don't even rate PS5's exclusives that highly but that they're there and not totally shit has clearly gone a long way with some types. Sony are riding on reputation and MS are building it. I think I know where I'd rather be with that in mind, in the coming years.

It's getting harder to tell if you are still joking, or if you are actually slipping down the rabbit hole.

Kudos for that, I guess...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's getting harder to tell if you are still joking, or if you are actually slipping down the rabbit hole.

Kudos for that, I guess...
You asked for this you silly stain
Am I mad for saying I dont like god of war?

I've tried numerous times to play it but I just get bored.
Turned the stupid game off last night because of the dogs, annoying as feck. Dogs are always some kind of super animal in games. They get you in this and then by the time you get them off and take 2 minutes standing back up you're somehow surrounded by enemies!

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like this has the same problem as the previous games where the AI just follow their programmed racing lines, and aren't affected by your driving. Also, for as good as the cars look in these games it's always noticeable how false the scenery and buildings are. I skipped GT6 though so I'll keep an eye on this one.
Oh shit, sounds like it’s a history or mediocrity. Stfu lambs you boring bastard

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

You must be referring to people who picked an Xbox one/series x and hence missed out on all those brilliant PS4 exclusvies.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

:lol:

Bojan11

PS Now has more games and is cheaper.

Hope this helps.
It doesn't because my mates son is still in tears. PS NOW is not going to help him play Ratchet.

So do something helpful. He said you streaming and getting the platinum for Death Stranding will cheer him up a bit. The platinum for that takes between 70 to 130 hours according to trophy guides.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
We're all agreed owning a PS4/Switch/Xbox Series S|X is the best combo right now, right?

Xbox for the delicious gamepass games.
Switch for the RPGs.
PS4 if you're in the mood for a movie.
Ps5, Xbox series S and that's enough.

Ps5 for the big games and exclusives. Series S for its gamepass.

Bojan11

Just went on the PSN app, Elvis is now playing last of us. He's never touching Death stranding. What a pity.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Or you could just save yourself £250 and get PS now for £35 for the year and have access to better games.
Can you download games on ps now? Haven't tried it in ages tbh, sure I had to stream them before which kinda sucked? Years ago that mind.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Since you can download, I think it’s PS3 titles which need to be streamed.
Ah that's sound then, might get ps now again then.

I think I tried to get it for the bairn a while back but it needed to be an adult account to use it whfih was stupid. Not letting him loose on my main