Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's the point of a slightly larger resolution if you don't hit your FPS target as a result? :confused:

Bosws87

I see AMD's FidelityFX super resolution is coming to both consoles that should be a big plus and allow these consoles to actually run Ray tracing without reducing the effects and image quality/framerate drastically.

Providing it's any good its gonna be behind DLSS by quite a bit, as far as i know there is no dedicated hardware assigned for this feature like the nvidia GPU's but if its decent its a huge game changer for both consoles.

Bojan11

Bojan isn’t very technically minded so it’s understandable he’s a bit clueless.
Look at the pictures, Elvis. The pictures.

You going to need night vision to play the PS5 version considering how bad the lighting looks.

Bosws87

Xbox actually has VRR so you won't even notice the difference.
depends how drastic the drops are i can see a drop instantly from 140frames to 100 or below with VRR

VRR should be standard on the PS5 though its a great feature even if i have gsync turned off on my comp.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Hi guys just checking in again. Did you finally reach an agreement over which is better?

I’ve saved up enough that I could buy one now and really am torn.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hi guys just checking in again. Did you finally reach an agreement over which is better?

The only plus point for the ps5 was the fancy controller, but they’re all fecked a few months after release. Make of this what you will.

Oh there’s also the virtual reality gimmick, which is great if you like shit graphics and horribly clunky animation. You’ll probably only ever use it once.

Hope this helps.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Do you want to play games or sit and talk shite about possibilities of what may happen in the future?

If you want to play games, get a ps5

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Think we concluded they're both decent consoles.

Xbox for the affordances of gamepass and particularly if the idea of paying £50 for a single game sounds unappealing. Also if you take an interest in older titles or smaller ones which are regularly made available through it. Plus if you need a console that can play movies with subtitles (VLC app for that).

PS5 if you enjoy playable movies, have a living room the size of a yacht, and like the idea of a controller that can double up as a Hitachi magic wand.

rotherham_red

I've bought the PS5 and I haven't regretted it at all. Been enjoying the Plus Collection games and I've really enjoyed the PS5 games I've played thus far.