Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bojan11

They should have two factor authentication turned on.
Some people don’t follow or read up on that stuff. What’s your message for them?

Very disappointing you are blaming the victims, when it’s the shoddy PSN network. Also what’s with the spamming messages from bots wanting you to see their webcams or telling you in Arabic to buy cheap games. PSN is out of control and you have not called them out on it. The inmates run the asylum it feels like.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Some people don’t follow or read up on that stuff. What’s your message for them?

Very disappointing you are blaming the victims, when it’s the shoddy PSN network. Also what’s with the spamming messages from bots wanting you to see their webcams or telling you in Arabic to buy cheap games. PSN is out of control and you have not called them out on it. The inmates run the asylum it feels like.
Yeah the spam messages are annoying. I’ve had a few and tend to just report them, though I’d expect Sony to do a better job with controlling that. But they’re not charging me to play free games like MS so I’ll not be too critical.

Bojan11

Yeah the spam messages are annoying. I’ve had a few and tend to just report them, though I’d expect Sony to do a better job with controlling that. But they’re not charging me to play free games like MS so I’ll not be too critical.
They have sold your data to spammers, who could be serial killers. They know where you live. Are you not scared?

PSN charges for your cloud saves, where as Xbox doesn’t. So where’s your critique of that? I am waiting.

Bojan11

Cloud saving should be free.
So why don’t you tell Sony that?

And you conveniently forgot about how serial killers have your PSN info. They know what you playing. They know when you playing. They know who you playing with. Are you happy about this?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Bizarre. Surely they knew they'd receive a backlash so if that's all that was required to reverse the decision why bother. Like I said, it doesn't seem in line with everything else they are doing or Spencer's plan - so I wonder if it was shareholder/board pressure.

Anyway, good to see they listened and net positive when you consider them making f2p games - free to play. About time.

They'll have some ongoing negative sentiment though regardless of the reversal.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Consumer friendly MS comes through again.
If they were so consumer friendly, they wouldn't have announced the hike to begin with - same with the DRM thing in 2013 they also ended up reversing quick due to the backlash.

The fact they had so many cards printed off already with the new price shows how out of touch they are.

someone on ResetEra said:
My store already discontinued the cards with the old price points, redid the fixture where they are displayed, and would've had the new 10.99 cards displayed if there wasn't a shipping error with our deliveries this past week.
Also, remember MS had it so you had to pay to play F2P games for nigh on 15 years.

Bosws87

People still sing their praises after nearly 10 years with a handful of decent first party games, its a waste of time trying to have a reasonable conversation.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sounds like the best thing about the ps5, the controller, is fecked :lol:

So many people having issues

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Don’t need to send it in for repair. That’s a minor issue compared to your controller not working at all and RT button loose.

I have not had the above issue and spent around 60 hours on it so far. @Alock1 @VeevaVee @Vidyoyo @Mr Anderson any of you had the above issue?
To be fair, I did have an issue with this. Had to restart the console a few times but it presented me with a chance to get up and make a cup of tea. Thank you Microsoft :drool:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Don’t need to send it in for repair. That’s a minor issue compared to your controller not working at all and RT button loose.

I have not had the above issue and spent around 60 hours on it so far. @Alock1 @VeevaVee @Vidyoyo @Mr Anderson any of you had the above issue?
No but I do have an issue where if I turn the Xbox off with my steel series still turned on and connected, the Xbox turns back on and the controller and headset can't sync to it. I have to unplug the console to get them to resync which is really fecking annoying.

Seems to be an issue with the headset, but it is meant to be certified to work with series X. And if I just turned the headset off first it wouldn't keep happening to me, but I can't get out of the habit.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No but I do have an issue where if I turn the Xbox off with my steel series still turned on and connected, the Xbox turns back on and the controller and headset can't sync to it. I have to unplug the console to get them to resync which is really fecking annoying.

Seems to be an issue with the headset, but it is meant to be certified to work with series X. And if I just turned the headset off first it wouldn't keep happening to me, but I can't get out of the habit.
Steelseries wireless headsets aren’t great to be honest. They always have connectivity issues. I had to send my 7x back and got a wired Pro set instead.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
PSNow? More like PSLOL

Xbox Series X/S ‘most successful in Microsoft’s history’ as Games Pass hits 18 million subs

The Xbox Series X and S may not have sold more consoles than the PS5 but Microsoft is already outpacing Sony when it comes to subscriptions.

The news came as Microsoft announced its second quarter financial results, which cover October to December, and revealed that gaming revenue surpassed $5 billion (£3.64bn) for the first time with a 51% increase on the same period in 2019.

Although they’re only unofficial estimates it’s believed the PlayStation 5 has sold around 5 million consoles so far and the Xbox Series X/S a little under 3 million, but even ignoring the question of stock availability the most important numbers from now on are the number of Xbox Live and Game Pass subscribers – and in that sense the Xbox business could hardly be healthier. Importantly for Microsoft, it’s a clear advantage over Sony and a gap that they can expect to increase further once streaming becomes a bigger focus.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/27/xbox-series-x-s-had-most-successful-in-microsofts-history-13972120/

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
PSNow? More like PSLOL

Xbox Series X/S ‘most successful in Microsoft’s history’ as Games Pass hits 18 million subs

The Xbox Series X and S may not have sold more consoles than the PS5 but Microsoft is already outpacing Sony when it comes to subscriptions.

The news came as Microsoft announced its second quarter financial results, which cover October to December, and revealed that gaming revenue surpassed $5 billion (£3.64bn) for the first time with a 51% increase on the same period in 2019.

Although they’re only unofficial estimates it’s believed the PlayStation 5 has sold around 5 million consoles so far and the Xbox Series X/S a little under 3 million, but even ignoring the question of stock availability the most important numbers from now on are the number of Xbox Live and Game Pass subscribers – and in that sense the Xbox business could hardly be healthier. Importantly for Microsoft, it’s a clear advantage over Sony and a gap that they can expect to increase further once streaming becomes a bigger focus.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/27/xbox-series-x-s-had-most-successful-in-microsofts-history-13972120/
Is this the best you have to offer? Even @Bojan11 is ashamed right now

b82REZ

PSNow? More like PSLOL

Can a loss be a win?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why haven’t they changed the console name to ‘the games pass box’ yet?