Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bojan11

For the Xbox lads how is truck racing? Thinking of buying it.
You buying games? That’s a first. I am sure you are waiting for Sony to give you handouts. Yakuza zero was going for £3 and you turned your nose up on that. You make me sick.

When are you going back to Death Stranding?

Bosws87

Sounds like they knocked it out of the park :lol:

I'm sure the playstation one is just as terrible but it did make me laugh.

Conor

I wonder if Microsoft has paid off literally every reviewer on YouTube, because it's getting decent reviews from everyone I've seen.

Bosws87

I wonder if Microsoft has paid off literally every reviewer on YouTube, because it's getting decent reviews from everyone I've seen.
Haha it will be more then fine for the average user, this guy will be one of those audiophile people that thinks everythings crap no doubt.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
For the Xbox lads how is truck racing? Thinking of buying it.
Thinking of buying a truck racing game, wow. Yet another example of your shallow and pointless opinions on video games

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The guy also said the 9x isn’t very good. Having used a set, they’re plenty good for wireless sound, especially just using them for gaming.

And I own plenty of expensive headphones, including some for monitoring purposes, so have some decent reference points.

He goes on to say that anything below $200 isn’t very good. Pretty sure there’s only a handful of headsets that go above this price point, and they usually have an amp/dac. I’d take what he says with a pinch of salt.

I have heard there’s some issues with mics, but don’t know if that’s a technical fault or not.

Bojan11

The PlayStation headphones give people on here headaches.

@Pexbo or pusbo stop cluttering both main threads with your nonsense.

Bojan11

https://www.thegamer.com/meet-the-developers-who-are-about-to-lose-their-ps-vita-games-forever/

I reached out to indie devs who are losing years of work and projected income, as well as some who are racing to beat the deadline to be one of the last Vita games through the pearly gates of Sony’s platform.
German studio Behind the Stone released Sir Eatsalot, a 2D platformer for PS Vita, two years ago. Until recently, the game was exclusive to the platform. The studio predicted this change and decided to work on a Switch port because “the way Sony treated the device was telling”.
Developer John Berry spent several years developing Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again, a free-to-play, procedurally generated platforming game built exclusively for PS Vita. When the store closes, the title will be lost forever without a new port.
Disgraceful from Sony as they were still selling Vita Dev kits last month. Don’t ignore the real news @esmufc07. Funny how you didn’t run to post this.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.thegamer.com/meet-the-developers-who-are-about-to-lose-their-ps-vita-games-forever/

Disgraceful from Sony as they were still selling Vita Dev kits last month. Don’t ignore the real news @esmufc07. Funny how you didn’t run to post this.
If true that they were still selling dev kits last month with no warning to them that this was going to happen, that is shocking.

However, on September 20th 2018, Sony announced that the Vita was going to be discontinued in 2019, so this quote is a bit weird:

German studio Behind the Stone released Sir Eatsalot, a 2D platformer for PS Vita, two years ago. Until recently, the game was exclusive to the platform. The studio predicted this change and decided to work on a Switch port because “the way Sony treated the device was telling”.
Vita not being made anymore around the time Sir Eatsalot was released, it was inevitable the store would be shutting down sooner or later - like the Nintendo eShop has been discontinued in certain countries for 3DS and the Wii U, and will likely shut down fully in a few years time for those consoles. 3DS was discontinued in the second half of last year and I'm sure is still getting a lot of purchases in the store.

As both a Vita and PS3 owner, the network and stores are a complete mess and the shutdown doesn't surprise me. Really wish the handheld effort went better as I did enjoy the games I played on there as well as Remote Play. Had horrendous drift though.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If true that they were still selling dev kits last month with no warning to them that this was going to happen, that is shocking.

However, on September 20th 2018, Sony announced that the Vita was going to be discontinued in 2019, so this quote is a bit weird:

Vita not being made anymore around the time Sir Eatsalot was released, it was inevitable the store would be shutting down sooner or later - like the Nintendo eShop has been discontinued in certain countries for 3DS and the Wii U, and will likely shut down fully in a few years time for those consoles. 3DS was discontinued in the second half of last year and I'm sure is still getting a lot of purchases in the store.

As both a Vita and PS3 owner, the network and stores are a complete mess and the shutdown doesn't surprise me. Really wish the handheld effort went better as I did enjoy the games I played on there as well as Remote Play. Had horrendous drift though.
Any vita game recommendations damo? Before it's too late...

klayton88

Any news on when the Series X might be available. And by available I mean a surplus of stock. I don't have the time nor patience to keep checking stock alerts for when a supplier receives a shipment of what seems like 10 consoles and sells out that same minute. Is it something to do with a chip shortage? I've not read too much in to. Any news on when I can just go to a shop and buy one and they'll likely have them in stock?

Conor

I've been trying to get one for the last 2 weeks and there has been absolutely nothing available, supposedly Smyths(Irish and UK sites) will have them today, but that's just based on website updates.

Bojan11

Demon’s Souls remake creative director has left the building barring this is not some elaborate April Fools. Another one bites the dust @esmufc07.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It must be very frustrating being a seasoned game developer working for Sony and having a whole bunch of creative ideas but knowing if one of those ideas isn't a third-person action game with lots of dialogue that can be pitched to a Western audience and plays a lot like a TV show crossed with a superhero movie they don't want to listen.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It must be very frustrating being a seasoned game developer working for Sony and having a whole bunch of creative ideas but knowing if one of those ideas isn't a third-person action game with lots of dialogue that can be pitched to a Western audience and plays a lot like a TV show crossed with a superhero movie they don't want to listen.
As opposed to the huge diversity of Xbox games...

Bosws87

Yeh the feeling must be mutual when you are forced to carry on an existing franchise over and over again (which you didn't even create in the first place) as its the only games that appeal on a Microsoft platform.

Hi Halo, Hi Gears.

Bojan11

Yeh the feeling must be mutual when you are forced to carry on an existing franchise over and over again (which you didn't even create in the first place) as its the only games that appeal on a Microsoft platform.

Hi Halo, Hi Gears.
Why do on earth are people complaining about this???

Lockdown is over. Get out and have a beer in the park with a few mates.

Stop getting so wound up about stuff that literally has little or no effect on your life

Bosws87

Why do on earth are people complaining about this???

Lockdown is over. Get out and have a beer in the park with a few mates.

Stop getting so wound up about stuff that literally has little or no effect on your life
I'm taking the piss, also its freezing outside and canned beer is atrocious.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I won't lie, I always hated Gears :)

Halo though :drool:
I tried gears once, think it was gears 4 and found it massively clunky, don't think I managed more than 2 hours of it. Everything just seemed a below average experience to me.

Never tried halo though so the upcoming one I'm thinking of giving a go

Bosws87

I won't lie, I always hated Gears :)

Halo though :drool:
ironically i actually loved Gears 1/2 i spent countless hours on 360 playing multiplayer. :lol:

I've never understood halo's appeal but console shooters for me are just inferior fullstop.

Shark

@NotShark
I tried gears once, think it was gears 4 and found it massively clunky, don't think I managed more than 2 hours of it. Everything just seemed a below average experience to me.

Never tried halo though so the upcoming one I'm thinking of giving a go
The first two Gears were good, rest are bang average aside from visually imo. Horde mode in the second one was great fun back in the day on the 360.

Leg-End

Genuinely can’t believe MLB 21 is on gamepass Day 1, I mean how much money did it take for Sony to say yes to that.