Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
anyone played the Xbox Cloud beta?

You can run it from a Mac now. Just had a quick test run on Read Dead. Ran smooth, and just as nicely as my physical xbox one.

Very impressed. All you need is a laptop and a controller, and you are good to go

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You can literally go on Amazon and buy one for RRP. There hasn't been a shortage of Switches since the first lockdown last year.
It does seem to have cleared up in the UK at the moment but it's only about 2 months ago that Nintendo had to clarify the position because of a global shortage caused by the chip situation at fabs.

Nintendo Switch Facing Huge Stock Shortage in 2021 (gamingintel.com)

Nintendo warns global chip shortage to hit Switch production | Financial Times (ft.com)

Nintendo Physically Can't Make Enough Switch Consoles Right Now, and That Might Continue - IGN
Yup.

But even at launch and for the next couple of years they were still like gold dust.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
anyone played the Xbox Cloud beta?

You can run it from a Mac now. Just had a quick test run on Read Dead. Ran smooth, and just as nicely as my physical xbox one.

Very impressed. All you need is a laptop and a controller, and you are good to go
yup! Runs good for me also in comparison to playing on my own Xbox. But we can’t say that here, as some people will look at us sideways and say we don’t have a clue.

BristolRuss

The id Tech 7 engine really is a wonder. I'm glad MS has managed to secure it as a first party engine.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
yup! Runs good for me also in comparison to playing on my own Xbox. But we can’t say that here, as some people will look at us sideways and say we don’t have a clue.
:lol: I've been looking at the Era thread with interest and at the moment it's a YMMV situation which is understandable. They need to have a £5 tier or something to get more people on board. I mostly game via remote play so I'd have no problem going in at that price point.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
:lol: I've been looking at the Era thread with interest and at the moment it's a YMMV situation which is understandable. They need to have a £5 tier or something to get more people on board. I mostly game via remote play so I'd have no problem going in at that price point.
I looked into it after testing it out and there's lots of variables to get it to work well properly - as you'd imagine with such awesome technology.

For me it's very laggy and anything that requires instant reactions, like most action games, didn't work well at all.

I've heard it works best on 5ghz connections, which I can attest to as it was absolutely awful on 2.4ghz - my default wifi connection (more stable generally around the flat).

I also read it to requires being close to your ISP's connection point and that even fast internet connections will struggle otherwise.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I like the look of Deathloop, more to come in state of play tonight. Might get a PS5 when that releases - stock should be better by then

Shark

@NotShark
Good analysis here. Series X again running at a higher resolution but dropping some frames at 120. That's where VRR comes in I guess.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So gonna trade in my Xbox one & relevant bits then treat myself to an Xbox series X when the market decides I can buy one

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Microsoft stuck to a familiar design for its Xbox Series X/S pads, only making minor changes to its design and under-the-hood improvements. In comparison, Sony opted to totally redesign its controller with new features such as haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

“We’re definitely thinking about different kinds of devices that can bring more games to more places. There’s probably some work that we’ll do on the controller. I think Sony’s done a nice job with their controller and we kind of look at some of that and [think] there are things that we should go do.

Earlier this year, Microsoft used a customer experience survey to ask Xbox Series X/S owners if they would like to see any PlayStation controller features made available for its consoles.

Phil Spencer compliments DualSense and suggests Xbox could update its controller | VGC

“We kind of look at some of that and [think] there are things that we should go do”…

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Did you get one yet?
Got one eventually

hasn’t been delivered yet. Getting it dropped at my bro’s house as we are taking the kids away to the beach for a week on Saturday. Then I will make my way back to Dublin to my bro’s house for a few days. He’s having a defibrillator fitted so needs someone to mind him for a few days. Plus the new Xbox to keep amused off course!

afrocentricity

I would hope so, I like having a choice instead of being stuck with non replaceable battery like in PS controllers.
As if that's ever been a problem to a significant amount of people...

So long as they don’t need replacing after a couple of months like the playstation ones
Oh so now you don't mind haptics etc?

afrocentricity

Makes no odds to me. I'm not gonna cream myself over it like you guys though.
Just admit it, it was a good idea and it can and does add to the experience. Can't wait to get my hands on them new VR controllers.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just admit it, it was a good idea and it can and does add to the experience. Can't wait to get my hands on them new VR controllers.
It’s something you need to try to realise how much it adds, I find trying it and then playing a game that doesn’t have it you really miss it.

That’s just me mind.

evil_geko

As if that's ever been a problem to a significant amount of people...
Problem or not, why not give people a choice? Everyone can just get a battery for Xbox controller that works same like PS one with cable or station charging. I myself like to change rechargeable batteries and literally have no contact with any cables, change batteries in 10 seconds, bam, I continue playing, no cables, no stations etc. And not to mention quality rechargeable batteries hold A LOT longer than the PS one or Xbox pack one.

It's all about giving people a choice, I literally see no downside to that and find mocking Xbox controllers for that bizarrely strange.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Problem or not, why not give people a choice? Everyone can just get a battery for Xbox controller that works same like PS one with cable or station charging. I myself like to change rechargeable batteries and literally have no contact with any cables, change batteries in 10 seconds, bam, I continue playing, no cables, no stations etc. And not to mention quality rechargeable batteries hold A LOT longer than the PS one or Xbox pack one.

It's all about giving people a choice, I literally see no downside to that and find mocking Xbox controllers for that bizarrely strange.
This is what I do too - it's great

afrocentricity

I have memories of charging loads of batteries and swapping them out, fixing connections, buying more batteries - eneloops. Not fond memories though...

You do you... I just don't think it's a big deal for PS users.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Ooooof...the irony in how this night turned out eh?

Never get so wound up on an internet forum folks. Especially when you dish it out.

(Come back soon shammy! xoxo).
I'm done here, had a few weeks to think about it down and I can't think of a good reason to stay in a forum where a guy can make a bigoted insult towards my disability/illness casually in a current events discussion and get defended by most people there including long standing members and most importantly a couple of mods who were posting at the time. The minor temp ban he got was not good enough for me and no mod tried to reach out or calm me down, which might have helped, just @Jippy jumping in to call me an incel for what? At the moment my health isn't going in a good direction so I'm definitely more sensitive to it than I would normally be.

You can give me the discord now if you want though. The games discussion is still alright. Sorry to take things off topic, this'll be my last post on Redcafe.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm done here, had a few weeks to think about it down and I can't think of a good reason to stay in a forum where a guy can make a bigoted insult towards my disability/illness casually in a current events discussion and get defended by most people there including long standing members and most importantly a couple of mods who were posting at the time. The minor temp ban he got was not good enough for me and no mod tried to reach out or calm me down, which might have helped, just @Jippy jumping in to call me an incel for what? At the moment my health isn't going in a good direction so I'm definitely more sensitive to it than I would normally be.

You can give me the discord now if you want though. The games discussion is still alright. Sorry to take things off topic, this'll be my last post on Redcafe.
I get it mate.

I can't do it at the moment, but I'll pm you a join link later.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Good luck with your health and take care. Pm your ps5/xbox gt if you fancy.