Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I'm done here, had a few weeks to think about it down and I can't think of a good reason to stay in a forum where a guy can make a bigoted insult towards my disability/illness casually in a current events discussion and get defended by most people there including long standing members and most importantly a couple of mods who were posting at the time. The minor temp ban he got was not good enough for me and no mod tried to reach out or calm me down, which might have helped, just @Jippy jumping in to call me an incel for what? At the moment my health isn't going in a good direction so I'm definitely more sensitive to it than I would normally be.

You can give me the discord now if you want though. The games discussion is still alright. Sorry to take things off topic, this'll be my last post on Redcafe.
Sorry to hear about your health and I understand that has to be your priority. That thread wasn't pleasant and a poster did cross the line with an insult and was temped out for it. You also threw out a lot of insults and it was difficult for mods or anyone to discuss things with you. Also it went on until the small hours of a Sunday (from memory) night and not sure staff were online - the PMs you sent me were way after I'd gone to bed.
I probably could've worded the incel comment better, but you were coming across as very anti-female, although let's not reopen that debate..

Ainu

The most remarkable thing about that tweet for me is that the Xbox One outsold the 360 in the same timeframe. I remember the 360 as a console that did really well early on in the gen, and at a time when it basically didn't have any competition either. The Xbox One was a PR disaster at launch and had to deal with the PS4, how on earth did it outsell the 360? Sure, increasing market and all, but I'm still surprised at that.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Odd to see the CEO of Microsoft talking about sales when it’s something they’re not bothered about eh @Alock1
Yeah they don't care at all

The most remarkable thing about that tweet for me is that the Xbox One outsold the 360 in the same timeframe. I remember the 360 as a console that did really well early on in the gen, and at a time when it basically didn't have any competition either. The Xbox One was a PR disaster at launch and had to deal with the PS4, how on earth did it outsell the 360? Sure, increasing market and all, but I'm still surprised at that.
Xbox 360 was supply constrained. Not as bad as the Series X but it was. Xbox One obviously benefitted early from a ton of loyal customers but didn't have a long tail as it lost share back to PlayStation and wasn't able to attract newcomers.

The early sales don't mean much. Xbox and PS are both selling all the stock they have. It's longer term that'll be telling.

Ainu

Xbox 360 was supply constrained. Not as bad as the Series X but it was. Xbox One obviously benefitted early from a ton of loyal customers but didn't have a long tail as it lost share back to PlayStation and wasn't able to attract newcomers.

The early sales don't mean much. Xbox and PS are both selling all the stock they have. It's longer term that'll be telling.
I didn't realize. I bought one pretty early on, like a couple months after launch (so within the timeframe in question here) and it was widely available. It was the only next-gen console available at the time and, being a Playstation gamer, I thought I'd hold out for the PS3, but when the Oblivion trailers hit I just couldn't resist. :lol: I imagine there must've been many like me.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
XBox early adopters are notoriously fanatical.... I mean, take @Bojan11 and @VeevaVee for example. Predictably strong start, but obviously not strong enough.

Kinky Melinky

What were your thoughts on ciderman?
Sorry, a bit late to the party here and not a question aimed at me but thought I'd give my two pence. I thought he was an online bully who took that type of behaviour to other online forums. Just a seriously lost and unhappy individual.

afrocentricity

Damnnnn! By the time MS get around to releasing their heavy hitters Sony will probably be out of sight. What's the issue XBox struggling with chip shortages or just...?

Bosws87

Damnnnn! By the time MS get around to releasing their heavy hitters Sony will probably be out of sight. What's the issue XBox struggling with chip shortages or just...?
From my attempt at trying to get the series X for a friend, i can tell you that Sony are producing way more stock in Europe, the series X is like gold dust and it isn't due to insane demand.

afrocentricity

Just watched a Gamepass ad during a PSVR YouTube channel. Gotta give to them they are pushing it. Will pick it up at some point. Don't want an XBox yet.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s crazy how much you guys value these sales figures that mean absolutely nothing. But when that’s all you’ve got left that’s all you’ve got left