Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bosws87

All is forgiven, great game.

I really didn't like the Wii version because had that stupid bullet bill weapon which could send you from 8th to 1st. No skill involved :mad:
You mean like the exact same ball and chain on double dash:lol:

b82REZ

Considering how much Nintendo seem to be loving remasters at full rrp I can't believe they've not re-released Double Dash.

They probably regret sticking the best tracks from that one into 8.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oh no, I genuinely think there's some truth to it. Xbox has been marketing a fair few of the third-party games that come to Gamepass. They change their banners and avatars on Twitter to match them, which they recently did with Hades (can't find any pics now).

Compare what they're doing on https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass

with what Sony's doing on https://twitter.com/SonyPSPlus

PS Now doesn't even have a social media account.
It's bollox in that the last 2 State of Plays were about stuff other than only Aloy, Kratos or Nath and Drake...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
People should be getting an xbox just for FH5 it's a fantastic game even for people who aren't into racing. Best looking next gen game so far.
It's amazing as always. Probably my favorite series currently and main reason why I bought XSX in the first place.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I use my Series X a lot more than my PS5 overall, mainly because of Gamepass and partly because it's just easier to boot up and play for a bit especially with Quick Resume which is incredible. I've also found it much handier than using my PC for certain games that are better played with a controller on the couch (main reason i got it!).

Going forward I'll use my PS5 for AAA's that you have to pay for/aren't on the X and the Series X for... well... whatever's on Gamepass. Mainly cause the PS5 does feel like a better next gen experience for the big games.

Basically, they uh.. kinda.. complement each other quite well and although I'd pick a PS5 if I only had to choose one, I'm really glad I have both cause they're both awesome in their own way.

Wait, I mean, feck microsoft lolz
Same feelings here but I'd actually choose XSX if I were to only grab one of them, because of GP and ease of use, also I reckon I will sink a lot more hours into FH5 than any PS5 exclusive ever. Quick Resume is a big one for me too as I got both consoles in my home office currently and like to boot them up for quick 10-minute sessions in-between meetings, and PS5 is pretty useless for that.

Also glad to have both though, though I could probably sell PS5 for double what I paid right now, I wouldn't even consider. To be honest it's worth it for the PS Plus Collection a lot, which I have not even been able to properly get through yet. It's kind of cool that in 1 year of owning both consoles I had to buy about 3 games in total, the rest came via subscriptions which although not completely free are still way less expensive than buying games.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
People should be getting an xbox just for FH5 it's a fantastic game even for people who aren't into racing. Best looking next gen game so far.
Aye, so amazing the rubber banding is the worst it's ever been? :lol: seen some absolutely ridiculous videos of AI flying past and not needing the brake at corners, then they suddenly go 20mph near the end to let you catch them. That definitely needs sorting out.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Aye, so amazing the rubber banding is the worst it's ever been? :lol: seen some absolutely ridiculous videos of AI flying past and not needing the brake at corners, then they suddenly go 20mph near the end to let you catch them. That definitely needs sorting out.
The showcase events on Forza are always like that mate. It's just part of the fun of it. Where you're racing a plane it's not really a 'race' just a top-gear like experience.

The actual races aren't easy to win every time even on above average if you don't have many assists on. Turn the assists off and it's solid (for me, anyway).

Incredible game. As per usual to be honest.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The showcase events on Forza are always like that mate. It's just part of the fun of it. Where you're racing a plane it's not really a 'race' just a top-gear like experience.

The actual races aren't easy to win every time even on above average if you don't have many assists on. Turn the assists off and it's solid (for me, anyway).

Incredible game. As per usual to be honest.
Look fantastic, it was the car races rubber banding I've seen on a few videos. Heard one lad kept restarting races cos he was so far behind, to eventually realise if he just kept going he would magically catch up :lol:

Few players have said they're not even arsed about the racing aspect tbh and just got it for the driving and views outside of races.

Alock1

Look fantastic, it was the car races rubber banding I've seen on a few videos. Heard one lad kept restarting races cos he was so far behind, to eventually realise if he just kept going he would magically catch up :lol:

Few players have said they're not even arsed about the racing aspect tbh and just got it for the driving and views outside of races.
That's weird because I keep coming 3rd/4th since putting the difficulty up!! I must be really shit.

Absolutely mate. I said that in here when we were talking GOTY. It's not a racing game it's a driving game and so much more. I waste so many hours on every horizon game just burning around the country side dodging trees and knocking shit down listening to music or a podcast. There's no point to it but it's just cool as feck. Kinda like swinging around new york in spiderman.

afrocentricity

Nah, waiting for GT7. Will definitely get it at some point though. I prefer sims and track racers but... I do like a good open works travel like horizon, underground and midnight club etc.. enjoy ;)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Nah, waiting for GT7. Will definitely get it at some point though. I prefer sims and track racers but... I do like a good open works travel like horizon, underground and midnight club etc.. enjoy ;)
Yeah, I'm waiting for GT7 too. I've got an Xbox one anyway so will give FH5 a bash on there at some point with game pass, not expecting much as it's a base Xbox one so it'll be long loading times and shite. Got the young lad a series X for his birthday like so might sneak a go on there actually.

I loved early GT games, just lap after lap on the same track trying to beat my own or my mates times. Hours of fun.

Alock1

GT7 over the next Forza Motorsport? Oh dear..

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
GT7 over the next Forza Motorsport? Oh dear..
Easily. GT7 going back to its roots apparently, actually making you work to upgrade, not win one race, spin a feckin wheel and get a Bugatti veyron. Whoever came up with that shit system needs shooting.

Alock1

Easily. GT7 going back to its roots apparently, actually making you work to upgrade, not win one race, spin a feckin wheel and get a Bugatti veyron. Whoever came up with that shit system needs shooting.
Since when are wheel spins in Forza Motorsport?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Since when are wheel spins in Forza Motorsport?
Don't you win cars by then spinning round and it landing on one? I'm sure that's how it used to work. Just for winning one pissing race. Or is it the grid system and it dots about till it lands on one? Same thing which ever way it is done.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Rubber banding is for the showcase events, not the actual race events on the map or online. As Alock says, the showcase events are just transitions to the next chapter etc. Aren't meant to be that competitive (although there are leaderboards).

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Don't you win cars by then spinning round and it landing on one? I'm sure that's how it used to work. Just for winning one pissing race. Or is it the grid system and it dots about till it lands on one? Same thing which ever way it is done.
That's Forza Horizon - Forza Motorsport works differently.

Ainu

When even was the last good GT game?
GT Sport was pretty good but with such a heavy focus on online, competitive racing that it wasn't for everyone. The last truly good, traditional GT was GT4, which is over 15 years ago. To say the franchise has diminished in terms of relevance would be an understatement. As a massive fan of the first four games, I've long since lost all faith in Polyphony Digital.

Alock1

We're talking Motorsport not Horizon mate

mancan92

You have forza motorsports which is the track racer and forza horizon which is the balls to walls open world. Both absolutely fantastic games.

afrocentricity

GT7 is going to surprise a few people I think. Especially if it fully supports PSVR2. GTSport was quite good, but something was missing in the offline department...

Alock1

GT7 is going to surprise a few people I think. Especially if it fully supports PSVR2. GTSport was quite good, but something was missing in the offline department...
It's been nothing on Forza Motorsport since the first FM1 in 2005 though. At the time, that and GT4 were comparable (both were brilliant) but since then it hasn't been anywhere near it.

The new FM is meant to be next gen only and with a completely new engine, so keen to see more of it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Forza is stunning and lovely, I just wished I liked racing games more. They get very boring. Can't see myself lasting at it, but I do appreciate it's brilliant.