Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b82REZ

Forza is stunning and lovely, I just wished I liked racing games more. They get very boring. Can't see myself lasting at it, but I do appreciate it's brilliant.
I love racing games but they're never the game you play for hours on end. They're the pallet cleanser between sessions on "proper" games.

The only racing game that I played religiously was Burnout 3, but I was a student and usually high as feck at the time so it was probably more out of laziness than anything else.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Forza is stunning and lovely, I just wished I liked racing games more. They get very boring. Can't see myself lasting at it, but I do appreciate it's brilliant.
It's not really cracked off yet - wait until the festival/seasonal playlists kick in. It's very much vanilla at the moment.

Ainu

I love racing games but they're never the game you play for hours on end. They're the pallet cleanser between sessions on "proper" games.

The only racing game that I played religiously was Burnout 3, but I was a student and usually high as feck at the time so it was probably more out of laziness than anything else.
That's because Burnout 3 is pretty much the greatest pure arcade racer of all time.

Bosws87

Racing games are crap, still have nightmares over the A and above licences from the original Gran Tursimo :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Never the game you play for hours on end. A lot of players put absolutely shit loads of hours into Forza Horizon, 100s.

It's not a racing game. It's so much more than that.

b82REZ

Never the game you play for hours on end. A lot of players put absolutely shit loads of hours into Forza Horizon, 100s.

It's not a racing game. It's so much more than that.
Never doubted the amount of hours people put into racing games over a period of months, but other than sad sacks no one is having marathon sessions on a racing game like they would with a Souls game for example.

I mean Xbox gamers will probably have no choice but to play FH for hours on end as it's the only game on the platform worth a shit.

Alock1

Never doubted the amount of hours people put into racing games over a period of months, but other than sad sacks no one is having marathon sessions on a racing game like they would with a Souls game for example.

I mean Xbox gamers will probably have no choice but to play FH for hours on end as it's the only game on the platform worth a shit.
Cause marathon sessions on Souls aren't for sad sacks :lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Of course people play racing games for hours, racing fans though.... Racing games aren't for everyone. @Alock1 is 100 percent into PR mode right now. GT and Forza are comparable, but if Forza is still similar to FM3/4, then GT beats it. To me it feels better... also looks better but it's the feel.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

You are without a doubt the worst poster in this thread :lol:

Alock1

Of course people play racing games for hours, racing fans though.... Racing games aren't for everyone. @Alock1 is 100 percent into PR mode right now. GT and Forza are comparable, but if Forza is still similar to FM3/4, then GT beats it. To me it feels better... also looks better but it's the feel.
Pity nobody agrees with you.

You might get a few pretenders on here though.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
'Niche' 'nobody buys an xbox for forza horizon' 'not exactly a big game though is it'
Well it’s the only decent/only exclusive you have released, course everyone’s going to give it a go.

Fully Fledged

If you look at all the people who played PlayStation exclusives released this year they would not reach the amount of people who have played FH5 one week after launch.

Bosws87

If you look at all the people who played PlayStation exclusives released this year they would not reach the amount of people who have played FH5 one week after launch.
Spiderman Miles Morales was at 6.5mill in July that's one game.

Fully Fledged

Spiderman Miles Morales was at 6.5mill in July that's one game.
7m for Forza already and it hasn't been out a week yet.

Edit: Miles Morales was last year, so it doesn't count as I did quantify games from this year but Forza has already surpassed it anyway.

Bosws87

Yeh i'd probs download it play for an hour and delete it if it was a freebie too, figures mean very little with the game pass model if the active playerbase is that in a month or two's time fairplay.

Fully Fledged

Yeh i'd probs download it play for an hour and delete it if it was a freebie too, figures mean very little with the game pass model if the active playerbase is that in a month or two's time fairplay.
You are telling me that people played Miles Morales a game that was only 5 hours long for 2 or 3 months after they first started playing it?

Bosws87

You are telling me that people played Miles Morales a game that was only 5 hours long for 2 or 3 months after they first started playing it?
No but you can't compare apples to oranges when one is a freebie on a inexpensive subscription service and the other is a fully purchased game, you know that we all know that.

Outriders had 3.5 million players on xbox and we all know thats a piece of trash, number of downloads means very little in that format.

A fairer metric would be money generated by the developer per platform feel free to throw those numbers out.

I'll start you off

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...nt-earned-any-profits-despite-game-pass-deal/

Outriders’ developer says it hasn’t earned any profits, despite Game Pass deal
SHOOTER “PROBABLY” HASN’T BROKE EVEN, SAYS PEOPLE CAN FLY, EVEN AFTER 3.5 MILLION PLAYERS AT LAUNCH

Fully Fledged

No but you can't compare apples to oranges when one is a freebie on a inexpensive subscription service and the other is a fully purchased game, you know that we all know that.

Outriders had 3.5 million players on xbox and we all know thats a piece of trash.
9.2 Metacritic says that Forza is not a bag of spanners though. I believe that it's the highest rated game of the year.

Bosws87

9.2 Metacritic says that Forza is not a bag of spanners though. I believe that it's the highest rated game of the year.
I also know forza is a very good game just not for me anything else you want to pretend to educate me on?

Fully Fledged

I also know forza is a very good game just not for me anything else you want to pretend to educate me on yet?
I wasn't pretending to teach you anything. I just said that FH5 had more people playing it than all of PlayStation's exclusives released this year. I only brought up the Metacritic because you were comparing it to Outriders.

b82REZ

I wasn't pretending to teach you anything. I just said that FH5 had more people playing it than all of PlayStation's exclusives released this year. I only brought up the Metacritic because you were comparing it to Outriders.
Bear in mind the wide availability of FH5. It's available on Xbox Ones, PC and Series X/S.

Your comparison doesn't hold for that reason alone when you are focusing on PS5 exclusive games which are available on one platform.

I'd be interested to see the numbers playing on the Series consoles though as I imagine they are significantly lower than the other platforms.

Bosws87

I also expect halo to score really highly from what i read on the hands-on recently if anything is a guarantee on XBOX those two will be regarded as top quality games.

Its a no brainer the Xmas line up is miles better on the microsoft platform this year, but overall its still behind for the year, lets also not pretend this hasn't been one of the worst years for gaming in a long time (well it feels like it anyway)

Fully Fledged

I also expect halo to score really highly from what i read on the hands-on recently if anything is a guarantee on XBOX those two will be regarded as top quality games.

Its a no brainer the Xmas line up is miles better on the microsoft platform this year, but overall its still behind for the year, lets also not pretend this hasn't been one of the worst years for gaming in a long time (well it feels like it anyway)
Covid has been killing gaming. If I was to throw Ponies a bone it is that they would have had at least 2 AAA games releasing this month if it wasn't for Covid.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Covid has been killing gaming. If I was to throw Ponies a bone it is that they would have had at least 2 AAA games releasing this month if it wasn't for Covid.
Can't speak for anyone else but, I'll survive. It's great that you guys finally have something to celebrate though. It's been tough to watch, at one point y'all were talking up The Medium and 12 minutes...

Castia

Edit: Miles Morales was last year, so it doesn't count as I did quantify games from this year but Forza has already surpassed it anyway.
Really hard to judge with gamepass though

I’ve just gotten gamepass on pc £1 for 3 months….I mean I’m going to finish Forza, Halo and whatever else virtually for nothing, I’m not complaining gamepass is awesome but when comparing it to a £60 game it’s not really fair.

Abraxas

Forza is....alright. I'm not a big racing fan, so there is that. It looks nice, runs nice, there's not even that much I would criticise, they just get tedious very quickly for me. I play it for half an hour and then put something else on.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Forza is....alright. I'm not a big racing fan, so there is that. It looks nice, runs nice, there's not even that much I would criticise, they just get tedious very quickly for me. I play it for half an hour and then put something else on.
Yeah I'm the same. In a world where there are so many great games with so much excitement it's tough to get enjoyment out of a game where you just drive a car. I mean there are literally games where driving a car is only a portion of the actual game as opposed to the game itself. I keep expecting to reach the next area after a race and get into a big shootout but it never happens.

I dunno, I appreciate that it looks great and I'm sure as car racing games go it's fantastic but every time I pick it up and play it, within about 20 minutes I'm bored.

hobbers

Forza is garbage as expected. Not a racing game just a sightseeing and collectibles dumping ground.

Online menus and loading times actually worse than GTA5.