Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rotherham_red

I've had my first two days with my XSX now.

On the plus side is most definitely GPU. Having a library of good quality and current games on demand is fantastic. As someone who never got into the Xbox in any of its previous iterations, having the chance to play through their previous classic exclusives is great. In addition, the promise of having the future first party games is going to be a game changer.

There were already loads of games that were on my to get list which I now don't have to pay a penny for cos of GPU and the overall usability of it is great.

However, in saying all that, the PS5 is still my preferred machine. The UX is much better and straightforward to use on there than the XSX. Their exclusives are genuinely better on the whole and there aren't any must not miss games on the X as yet. A lot of decent games for sure, and I'm also pretty accepting of the idea that the X will run third party games better, but there hasn't been a single experience I've had on the X that compares to the experience I had with God of War for example. A lot of nice, pleasant experiences for sure, but none which dragged me in like that, and a couple other games on the PS.

I think the way to go will ultimately be to get both if Microsoft are as serious about this and future generations as they say they are. PlayStation is going to end up having to do something about GPU though. The economics of that proposition is going to eventually tell for a lot of potential consumers, I'm sure.

rotherham_red

I've had my first two days with my XSX now.

On the plus side is most definitely GPU. Having a library of good quality and current games on demand is fantastic. As someone who never got into the Xbox in any of its previous iterations, having the chance to play through their previous classic exclusives is great. In addition, the promise of having the future first party games is going to be a game changer.

There were already loads of games that were on my to get list which I now don't have to pay a penny for cos of GPU and the overall usability of it is great.

However, in saying all that, the PS5 is still my preferred machine. The UX is much better and straightforward to use on there than the XSX. Their exclusives are genuinely better on the whole and there aren't any must not miss games on the X as yet. A lot of decent games for sure, and I'm also pretty accepting of the idea that the X will run third party games better, but there hasn't been a single experience I've had on the X that compares to the experience I had with God of War for example. A lot of nice, pleasant experiences for sure, but none which dragged me in like that, and a couple other games on the PS.

I think the way to go will ultimately be to get both if Microsoft are as serious about this and future generations as they say they are. PlayStation is going to end up having to do something about GPU though. The economics of that proposition is going to eventually tell for a lot of potential consumers, I'm sure.
Just to add to this, I tested out the multimedia features of the X today for the match and some movies/videos, and they honestly paled in comparison to the PS5. The colour reproduction was much, much better on the latter and the former had this annoying judder effect on the videos, irrespective of which app I used - YouTube, Prime Video, or the Sky app in particular.

However, on the plus side of the X, Disney Plus was a much better experience than it was on the PS5. Seemed to be 4k and 60hz minimum compared to the PS5's 1080p and 30hz

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Happy to play against any of you anytime on Halo :lol:

Lets really see huh?
Yeah sure.

Where did you place on ranked again? Made diamond yet?

In all seriousness, as I've said before, if you take issue with controller and don't want to use it- just play mouse only lobby. If you want to play it with mates on pads then obviously you have to accept the other team might have pads too.

Just think it's a really weird thing to hold against a game so strongly when the option for same input is there.

If anything, that games like apex don't have that option is frustrating as I can't play it with mouse unless I have a PC.

hobbers

Halo is the least trash of all the auto-aim console shooters.

And yeh, that is quite like being the least stinky turd in the dog kennel.

Fully Fledged

It's amazing that Halo is pilloried for having aim assist when most of the cherished games on PlayStation also have aim assist. As I have said before different goalposts.

Bosws87

It's amazing that Halo is pilloried for having aim assist when most of the cherished games on PlayStation also have aim assist. As I have said before different goalposts.
I'm the only one that mentions that and i explicitly play all shooters on PC, ya daft git.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The problem also isn't the aim assist, controllers need it, it's about the types being used now and the insane bumping the reaction times to keep console shooters on top of the pro scene as that's where the money is. It always makes me laugh when people cry "hackers!" whilst using a controller on PC.

As for Halo, does it still use AA for mouse, or have the morons done the right thing and fully taken it out?

Bosws87

The problem also isn't the aim assist, controllers need it, it's about the types being used now and the insane bumping the reaction times to keep console shooters on top of the pro scene as that's where the money is. It always makes me laugh when people cry "hackers!" whilst using a controller on PC.

As for Halo, does it still use AA for mouse, or have the morons done the right thing and fully taken it out?
Aim assist free in movement but bullet magnetism is still there in a small degree.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

PS5 with a boost meanwhile Xbox seems to have decided to ignore sending consoles to Japan. Thought they'd have hit 10k+ for that period. Seems they've sent that stock to the UK:

Balljy

PS5 with a boost meanwhile Xbox seems to have decided to ignore sending consoles to Japan. Thought they'd have hit 10k+ for that period. Seems they've sent that stock to the UK:
The Switch just won't stop selling out there, the numbers are pretty amazing, I'm surprised that MS aren't trying in Japan though.

The Famitsu software top 10 from the same thread:

Alock1

Got my switch out for xmas to do some 1-2 switch and other multiplayer games. Even now after 4 years on the market I think the catalogue is pretty average if you had a Wii U.

Bosws87

I did enjoy the days when Xbox tried to be taken seriously in the Japanese market it brought out the gem that was Lost Odyssey (closest thing to the classic final fantasy's) i'd love another one of them, great game.

They were fighting an impossible battle.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Got my switch out for xmas to do some 1-2 switch and other multiplayer games. Even now after 4 years on the market I think the catalogue is pretty average if you had a Wii U.
I don't disagree for Nintendo's own games but it's really good I think for RPGs. They're not everybody's cup of tea but probably the best console for them since PSP

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hold on. I read lots of articles and threads last year about how seriously XBox was taking Japan. How it would be a return to XB360 era or something? What happened?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The same as every single Xbox puff piece and hype attempt.

Next gen is our gen 'la!
Next Gen! we gotta wait that long? Honestly, I want a return of 360 era XBox..... not looking likely though as it stands.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The Japanese have atrocious taste in games that's all that shows.
Agree on both fronts. Never see the appeal of alot of stuff from over there.

Is the switch even aimed at proper adults? Seems a very child friendly console. Adults who bum it to death probably aren't all there in the head.

Redlambs

Next Gen! we gotta wait that long? Honestly, I want a return of 360 era XBox..... not looking likely though as it stands.
Don't worry, apparently the developers are happy, they are the best, they are the greatest, and they have so many the best games will come. MXBGA!

Agree on both fronts. Never see the appeal of alot of stuff from over there.

Is the switch even aimed at proper adults? Seems a very child friendly console. Adults who bum it to death probably aren't all there in the head.
This is such a poor attempt it doesn't even deserve any kind smilie. For shame.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't need a massive variety of games if 90% of them are shit and I will never play.

Give me blockbusters which I can play for weeks on end any day. Mixed with a sprinkle of golf / racing games and I'm sound.

b82REZ

Xbox is quantity over quality.

Doesn't help their cause when their "exclusives" are available on superior platforms on day one either.

I've said it before, MS need to be more concerned with Valve and the Steamdeck over Sony. That'll steal so much more of their market.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Xbox is quantity over quality.

Doesn't help their cause when their "exclusives" are available on superior platforms on day one either.

I've said it before, MS need to be more concerned with Valve and the Steamdeck over Sony. That'll steal so much more of their market.
Well just this month we've got two fantastic smaller titles on gamepass in Gorogoa and Outer Wilds so I really don't think that's always true.

I maintain that Xbox is a really good console(s) if you're interested in variety and not just looking to play the best looking AAA titles (nothing wrong with that either ofc)

Last edited:

Redlambs

Well just this month we've got two fantastic titles on gamepass in Gorogoa and Outer Wilds so I really don't think that's true.
Outer wilds is great, you sarcastic prick!

Just don't mention that I own it for life for less than a third of the monthly gamepass cost (games are free dontcha know!) and I'll never lose access to it...

b82REZ

Well just this month we've got two fantastic titles on gamepass in Gorogoa and Outer Wilds so I really don't think that's true.
With the amount they put on there it's unsurprising there's the odd gem, but once again it's third party titles that can be played on better platforms.

There'll never be a true Xbox exclusive.

Alock1

Steamdeck will be niche. Neither need to worry about it.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Outer wilds is great, you sarcastic prick!

Just don't mention that I own it for life for less than a third of the monthly gamepass cost (games are free dontcha know!) and I'll never lose access to it...
Didn't mean to be sarcastic but I'm tired so my apologies if it came across that way :)

Anyway, it is a great game and that's a fair point too. It's the sort of game I wouldn't have played if it weren't available on gamepass (which perhaps says more about me etc...)

Last edited: