Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b82REZ

I'll let you know if I ever get one. As you know, that's the mark of what will and won't be a thing.

At the moment, the pendulum is on the "not bloody likely" segment.
Do you not think they'll end up releasing it?

I think they've put too much marketing behind it to not release it now. I can see it being delayed to the end of this year/beginning of next though.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Did you pre-order? I quite like the look of them but am waiting on the reviews
Do you not think they'll end up releasing it?

I think they've put too much marketing behind it to not release it now. I can see it being delayed to the end of this year/beginning of next though.
I just don't think they'll be that great.

Valve release a lot of stuff they don't back up, Steam pays for a lot of these attempts.

b82REZ

I just don't think they'll be that great.

Valve release a lot of stuff they don't back up, Steam pays for a lot of these attempts.
Early previews seemed be good though. It's never going to match a proper top end rig but it'll certainly make a dent in the console/casual gamer market if supported.

We better stop talking about it though before someone taps the sign.

Redlambs

Early previews seemed be good though. It's never going to match a proper top end rig but it'll certainly make a dent in the console/casual gamer market if supported.
If. If it's not dropped like a hot potato.

They have plenty of previous, I'm not sure even without that it's going to be worth it. But I guess we shall see!

We better stop talking about it though before someone taps the sign.
Feck 'em. They want to whine and fanboy over their glorified dell laptops, we can at least talk about superior tech!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I'll let you know if I ever get one. As you know, that's the mark of what will and won't be a thing.

At the moment, the pendulum is on the "not bloody likely" segment.
I've got one on preorder but not sure if I'll bother. Would be for the sake of having it than actually wanting one.

Redlambs

I've got one on preorder but not sure if I'll bother. Would be for the sake of having it than actually wanting one.
In all honesty mate, you would be better off saving that money towards an actual PC. In my humble opinion of course.

What you think you are going to gain is never going to justify the cost. Steam is great and all that, but with this thing you are still going to only end up playing games you can on the switch or gamepass at some point. The actual reason to have a PC and the likes of steam will never work on this.

I'm not against it, I'd love a contender and as you all know, I buy every hardware there is. This though, meh. Like the Steam controller, I'm not even in the slightest bit impressed. I don't get the tingles that I must buy.

And I still own my Atari Jaguar :lol:

b82REZ

In all honesty mate, you would be better off saving that money towards an actual PC. In my humble opinion of course.

What you think you are going to gain is never going to justify the cost. Steam is great and all that, but with this thing you are still going to only end up playing games you can on the switch or gamepass at some point. The actual reason to have a PC and the likes of steam will never work on this.

I'm not against it, I'd love a contender and as you all know, I buy every hardware there is. This though, meh. Like the Steam controller, I'm not even in the slightest bit impressed. I don't get the tingles that I must buy.

For me I see it eventually replacing my Switch.

As much as I get excited for all the average Nintendo first party titles, my Switch has become my indie machine.

But Ninendo gonna Nintendo and imagine all the titles I've bought on Switch will only be playable on there when their next console releases.

With the Deck I'll have my extensive Steam library available almost anywhere. And as I've got older I play all the big third party AAA on console so my PS5 will cover that. While I joke that the deck will be Xbox true competitor it will most likely be the reason I won't bother with a Series console. Xbox first party games generally don't do anything for me and the ones that do I play on PC and unsub to GP afterwards.

Bosws87

Its more fatigue of playing the same game in a different skin then anything, how people keep playing Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Fifa year in year out is insane its the same crap constantly and they sell so many year in year out there is zero desire to go away from the formula.

Thats my biggest gripe with gaming in general rather then platform specific.

How many of these people have played a Shadow Of The colossus, Journey, Nier, ICO, Cuphead, Ori the list goes on and on, they haven't but will play the same crap over and over again.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Its more fatigue of playing the same game in a different skin then anything, how people keep playing Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Fifa year in year out is insane its the same crap constantly and they sell so many year in year out there is zero desire to go away from the formula.

How many of these people have played a Shadow Of The colossus, Journey, Nier, ICO, Cuphead, Ori the list goes on and on, they haven't but will play the same crap over and over again.
I have played every game you mentioned but also still play AC and Farcry every year

Edit: don’t play fifa

Redlambs

As always people would rather argue over the hardware, and some weird obsession with faceless corporations who don't give a shit about them, than the publishers treating them like the idiots they are.

It's seen as negative about games by speaking the truth about how they are made, why and most importantly what's wrong with the shortcuts taken and bullshit new measures to rake out more money, yet it's fine to fawn over some mediocre game that was done better 20 years ago just because it's on one underwhelming machine over another. Go figure :lol:

Alock1

Not really a money thing to be honest. Until now a PC just wasn't practical but now I have a desk, a decent monitor and play mouse n keyboard it makes more sense. I don't play much single player though and my mates don't have PC so I'm sure I wouldn't end up using it. Would try the odd game and spend money in the steam sale and rarely turn it on.

I need a laptop so was thinking of going down that route and getting a decent gaming one. At least I'll use it for other things so it won't be a complete waste when I get bored of messing about with different games on steam. I know the bang for buck vs a build will be worse but I've heard gaming laptops are actually decent options these days.

I'll probably cancel the steam deck order in favour of getting a quest 2 @afrocentricity

Bosws87

Yeah to be fair, I'd expect most people in here would have played at least some of those. Above all the jokes and digs, it's a decent crowd in here.

His general point is about what sells more I think.
I thought the same then read the greatest games thread :lol:

My general point is and this more then likely applies to anything that people really get in to and spend their hard earned cash on to enjoy to the max its annoying to watch something you love being slowly ground away into mundane crap to please casual masses, but i'm in the small minority that will buy every game no matter the platform and want to experience the games to the best of their ability performance, graphics the lot, its just frustrating. I know mass market always wins but still i'm gonna moan about it! :lol:

Redlambs

Not really a money thing to be honest. Until now a PC just wasn't practical but now I have a desk, a decent monitor and play mouse n keyboard it makes more sense. I don't play much single player though and my mates don't have PC so I'm sure I wouldn't end up using it. Would try the odd game and spend money in the steam sale and rarely turn it on.

I need a laptop so was thinking of going down that route and getting a decent gaming one. At least I'll use it for other things so it won't be a complete waste when I get bored of messing about with different games on steam. I know the bang for buck vs a build will be worse but I've heard gaming laptops are actually decent options these days.

I'll probably cancel the steam deck order in favour of getting a quest 2 @afrocentricity
No, you will 100% get sucked into PC gaming. Your laptop will end up becoming a desktop, you mark my words my friend. Either way, when you get Steam you should invest in an aim training program and really see how far you can go with a mouse. It's one thing on console, but actually learning how to track, aim and with the right dpi/sens settings will really set you off.

The Occulus 2 is great BTW, but even better plugged into a PC via steam.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Can never understand why people give a feck what games other people enjoy, Just enjoy what you like and move on

There is a massive variety and choice between each console and PC

Redlambs

Can never understand why people give a feck what games other people enjoy, Just enjoy what you like and move on

There is a massive variety and choice between each console and PC
I don't give a feck on a personal level.

I do on a mass level when it influences the types of games made and what falls by the wayside in favour of graphics and little else. It's short sighted saying "well people can play what they want!" because that is exactly why it's endless shit "remasters" as apparently that's what people want. It's fine to call that trash imo.

Bosws87

No, you will 100% get sucked into PC gaming. Your laptop will end up becoming a desktop, you mark my words my friend. Either way, when you get Steam you should invest in an aim training program and really see how far you can go with a mouse. It's one thing on console, but actually learning how to track, aim and with the right dpi/sens settings will really set you off.

The Occulus 2 is great BTW, but even better plugged into a PC via steam.

Welcome to what i spent the whole furlough time practicing every single day :lol:

Bosws87

I could only see the whiffs watching that :lol:

But I always tell people, it's not the aim to learn, it's the tracking first. If you can follow a target, you can hit it. Aim is for when you want those head taps and nothing else will do ;)
That was when i first started tbf, god knows what ill be like now i had so much time on my hands i basically reprogrammed my whole muscle memory i was playing at some stupid DPI of 1800 and ended up at 800, totally changed my controls took me a while to adapt to using the scroll wheel for jumping (essential on source engine games) Apex/CS.

Don't have enough hours in the day to do that all now but i saw huge benefits miles better now game sense is far more important then aim and we all know that's only achieved by thousands of hours.

Alock1

That was when i first started tbf, god knows what ill be like now i had so much time on my hands i basically reprogrammed my whole muscle memory i was playing at some stupid DPI of 1800 and ended up at 800, totally changed my controls took me a while to adapt to using the scroll wheel for jumping (essential on source engine games) Apex/CS.

Don't have enough hours in the day to do that all now but i saw huge benefits miles better now game sense is far more important then aim and we all know that's only achieved by thousands of hours.
Couldn't you have just adapted the sens in game rather than change mouse dpi? Essentially the same thing right?

Redlambs

Don't have enough hours in the day to do that all now but i saw huge benefits to where i am now :lol:
;)

I still play at a relatively high DPI (800-1200 depending, and usually a bit higher than most in game sens), but that's not important as it's what feels comfortable for each person. What matters more is forearm vs wrist aiming and tracking. After that, height peeking and pre firing. Kovaaks is good for teaching the basics, but you don't need to spam it. Once it's burned into your brain it's not a case of pointing and clicking and using just your wrist, it becomes a whole lot more fun to play fps/tps games.

Bosws87

Hadn't watched when I asked. Now I know.

God I really hope for him that video was at the start of furlough.

The last time i played Halo, i haven't played it in a week or so just because Apex on pc is just too damn good!

Couldn't you have just adapted the sens in game rather than change mouse dpi? Essentially the same thing right?
Correct you can do it either way really, as long as the sensitivity scales down in game to the level you want to achieve with the higher DPI which isn't always the case.

Redlambs

Nope.

There's actual benefits to both depending on your aim style (wrist vs arm), how much space you have to move your mouse and even your mousemat type. Also, not all games are equal in how they track the mouse. I often have dpi settings independent of the game I'm playing for that reason.

Mouse aiming is much easier to pick up than controller aiming but the skill ceiling is so much higher but harder to reach, and with that comes plenty of variables.

Correct you can do it either way really, as long as the sensitivity scales down in game to the level you want to achieve with the higher DPI which isn't always the case.
That's why it's not correct. Because almost every game scales differently with not just the mouse, but also how the particularly work with stuff like FOV (and even then, you have some games that do V fov different to H and all that nonsense)

DPI is more of a true movement scale, which is why it's best to adjust that first then the game sens. But it's not really one or the other, be nice if it was!

Alock1

Your hero Alock uses M/KB on console to gain an advantage!

Blame him for this, threadban him, and then this will all go away.
According to Bowser87 it's a massive disadvantage anyway

Bosws87

How does mouse and keyboard scale on console out of interest.

If i programmed my mouse profile to be a certain DPI does that carry over to console or are you at a default one, can't say i've ever tried it i'm intrigued

Alock1

If i programmed my mouse profile to be a certain DPI does that carry over to console or are you at a default one, can't say i've ever tried it i'm intrigued
Yeah it scales. Pretty sure my dpi is on 8k/10k or something. In halo I have sensitivity at 0.3 and on cod 3.0, when default is between 5/10x higher.

Not tried it on ps5 but my dpi button with the 4 presets carries over on xbox.

Redlambs

Happy to put you to the test on a shooter ill stream it!
:lol:

Is this the new "pvp me bro!"?

As far as I know, no it defaults to the basic setting but you can switch. Unless you can install the software. And most games have acceleration and smoothing too. But I'm not sure this gen, for example my boy plays SoT on his X with mouse and keyboard and that seem to be ok, though he does use insane dpi on his PC. Seriously, no wonder these kids play shit like fortnite and build castles whilst I'm building a box with 3 sides and no roof :(

Bosws87

Yeah it scales. Pretty sure my dpi is on 8k/10k or something. In halo I have sensitivity at 0.3 and on cod 3.0, when default is between 5/10x higher.

Not tried it on ps5 but my dpi button with the 4 presets carries over on xbox.
What about extra buttons side buttons etc?